Author Topic: The stupidity of people blows my mind...  (Read 7591 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: The stupidity of people blows my mind...
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2014, 11:09:10 AM »
I gotta be honest, three of those questions are maybe ill-informed, but hardly a sign of stupidity.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2014, 11:16:43 AM »
I gotta be honest, three of those questions are maybe ill-informed, but hardly a sign of stupidity.
When dealing with the general public, ill-informed and stupidity seem to blend into the same thing.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2014, 12:00:47 PM »
Seemed like much ado about nothing. Basically, a bunch of 14-year old caliber mischief done in an effort to terrorize.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2014, 12:01:14 PM »

Offline Lucien

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2014, 12:05:51 PM »
Either way, it's pretty stupid.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2014, 12:19:21 PM »
And...not to be overly cynical...but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if has several "copy cats" over the next 5 years...and then starts to get more popular with each passing year.   Starting out as absolutely nothing, but then growing every year as people try to "outdo" the year before.   Almost imperceivable at first...just maybe growing by one or two extra related crimes each time...
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

• DT.net Member
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »
In before Metallica is forced to change the title of Live Shit: Binge and Purge.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2014, 01:36:48 PM »
Fuck that noise. I hope it materializes, but only the scum that are actually participating are the ones killing each other and everyone else is bolted down inside. Let mother nature and good 'ole Darwinism do their jobs and allow the pests take each other out. Shit like this really makes my blood start to boil...with a newborn in the house now, my two sisters being here quite regularly...I truly feel sorry for anyone that tries to break into my home. Chances are I'LL be the one going to prison...I'd resurrect the use of the gallows pole, hang that cancerous plebeian in the front yard and make a statue out of his corpse with a sign "To Purgers/Cumbuckets/Cuntsatchels: Tread lightly." *BEATS CHEST AND GRABS BALLS, SPITS IN YOUR FACE AND FARTS IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION, FORNICATES WITH A LARGE-BREASTED WOMAN AND THEN MAKES HER PAY FOR DINNER...P.S. DINNER WAS MY PENIS. THE BILL WAS $15".

Granted, there's no way anything like this would happen around my area. Everyone around here is too numbed up on prescription meds and/or passed out drunk to do anything that requires any kind of physical effort or coordination.  :lol But it still makes my skin crawl that humanity is so god damn fucking stupid that they'd actually even ATTEMPT to make this happen. Purge? I'll purge the purgers and then purge my butt soup all over you purging purgerous purgers. SAY PURGER AGAIN.

Even so, I gotta say, just reading that kind of put me in feral mode. I abhor that kind of nonchalance in the face of something potentially disastrous ...some dumbfuck says/does one thing and then it turns into a god damn atom bomb. Like that one mofo who shot first.  :millahhhh

Ed: I wonder, does anyone know if the high school twit that started this was an 'adult'? It says high school so he's at least of age where unless you are an absolute invalid, there's no way you can post something like that, something basically instigating it and then say 'Oh man, I TOATS didn't expect that. Like, WHOA!". Oh and props to that news article making it sound like it was a bad thing that they 'failed'. "FAILED"? Really?  :lol I mean, I suppose if they're supporters of the idea, then it's a good article. But it was pretty horrifically written for just a news article. DAT CHOICE OF WORDS.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:01:40 PM by TioJorge »

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2014, 01:59:11 PM »
And...not to be overly cynical...but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if has several "copy cats" over the next 5 years...and then starts to get more popular with each passing year.   Starting out as absolutely nothing, but then growing every year as people try to "outdo" the year before.   Almost imperceivable at first...just maybe growing by one or two extra related crimes each time...

Might be time to adjust your movie collection and stop watching "prepper" movies, jammin :lol

Not sure how you imagine the authorities to stand idly by when there's preannounced looting going on.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2014, 02:17:27 PM »

Might be time to adjust your movie collection and stop watching "prepper" movies, jammin :lol

Not sure how you imagine the authorities to stand idly by when there's preannounced looting going on.

Oh, I don't think they sit on their butt eating donuts.   But I do think that *if* it were to become popular, there wouldn't be enough law enforcement to handle all the calls.

I mean, stupid things *do* get popular.   Recently, there has been a group of kids (and then...there were the copy cats to follow) that walk into a group of black people, insult them, and get the crap beat out of them.   Only to turn around and do the exact same thing.   All while a friend films it.    Now, are they just trying to get video of a group of black guys beating a white kid?   I have no idea.   Maybe it's some stupid initiation rite, or other form of hazing.   I'm just saying that stupid things do get popular.   No matter how dumb. 

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2014, 02:22:20 PM »
No kidding... I'm of the same thought that while police would certainly bust their ass to control it, if this ever truly did become some kind of mass hysteria and people actually joined en masse... I don't think there's all that much they could do. Shit...at least around where I am, I'd expect about a few of the force to join in on the acts.

RIP DTP.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2014, 03:10:18 PM »
You guys are aware that there's other resources the United States can draw on, right? If push comes to shove, the President can declare a state of emergency, can enact a curfew and deploy the Armed Forces inside this country.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2014, 03:20:12 PM »
Quite aware of all that... I was talking about local/state police. I don't think even if this ever did happen that it'd get THAT bad. If there were so many people participating that something of that caliber had to happen... fuck this country and I'm out even when it is quelled.  :lol

RIP DTP.

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2014, 03:22:07 PM »
These women make me so angry >:(

This poster is NOT as stupid as the "Hitlery 2016" bumper stickers, that I've already seen FAR too many of!
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2014, 03:28:37 PM »
@TioJorge: I was assuming from jammin's post that that's what he meant. That it would spiral out of control on a national scale.
Frankly, those ideas are a preppers' pipe dreams. With the combined police force, plus 2.1 million soldiers readily available, that show would be over before it began. Fuck, not even the combined force of seven states could successfully secede. And that was in times where the average man's firearm was reasonably similar to the army's. These days you would be spotted by a drone and taken out by a sniper in no time.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2014, 03:45:54 PM »
Ah, I didn't read it that way...reread it and yeah it does sound like that. Well yeah, in that case I agree, there's no way that we don't have enough force in the entire country. That's about as radical as the people that say we'll eventually 'rise up' against out government. We'd be crushed; so would they (the hypothetical purgers).

But I was more thinking along the lines of a few concentrated instances around the country, I do believe that there are that many blind, ignorant people in this country. In which case it'd probably be local/state handling it for a while, and I think that's the point when something would break and the whole thing would be shut down. For a while though I could imagine shit getting crazy wherever it's occurring. It's still pretty far fetched but the sad thing is that it's becoming less and less far fetched as time goes on.

RIP DTP.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2014, 03:48:08 PM »
You guys are aware that there's other resources the United States can draw on, right? If push comes to shove, the President can declare a state of emergency, can enact a curfew and deploy the Armed Forces inside this country.

Ya...you're putting this on a much bigger scale than I was.   I was simply thinking of the poor police force in some podunk town in Kentucky.   (of which there are thousands of such "podunk" towns around the country where bored teenagers could get together to do something really REALLY stupid)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2014, 03:49:36 PM »
The track... We are back on it.  :laugh:

RIP DTP.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2014, 03:52:13 PM »
But on that scale ... I'm not even sure it would be worth mentioning. Sooner or later the resources drawn on would escalate to state-level, and then to national level. Somewhere along those lines it would be over.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »
But on that scale ... I'm not even sure it would be worth mentioning. Sooner or later the resources drawn on would escalate to state-level, and then to national level. Somewhere along those lines it would be over.

Tell that to the people in that town....

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2014, 06:24:30 PM »
So the creators of Adventure Time confirmed that Marceline and Princess Bubblegum used to date and have something going, and that they were going to include that in the show until Cartoon Network made them back off that, but it's always  been obvious that Marceline and PB have something going, as the creators just push the line with it anyways, and people are now screaming "FAN SERVICE FOR ALL THE LESBIANS WHO PROBABLY WATCH THIS SHOW AND TAINT THE CHARACTERS WITH GROSS RELATIONSHIPS AND GAY PROPAGANDA, CHILDREN WILL GET CONFUSED IF THEY KNOW SAME SEX RELATIONSHIPS EXIST."
People are literally this stupid, jesus fucking christ.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2014, 12:46:25 AM »
Since I dislike the show, I'll take whatever keeps it from being so edgy that it'd have any chance of mucking up my Adult Swim viewing but yeah that shit's laughably ignint. I'll knock they teef in, swear on me mum.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2014, 08:54:38 AM »
Isn't the show on..... ADULT Swim?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2014, 11:16:41 AM »
Nah, it's not, it would be pretty rad if it was though, since they could have a lot more freedom with their characters.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2014, 03:16:45 PM »
IMO, restrictions on cartoons help their charm. Look at Ren & Stimpy vs Ren & Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon.

(If you are not familiar with the latter do NOT watch it).
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2014, 06:12:38 PM »
Most things art are better when having restrictions. Everybody can be crude, but trying to pass it as a kids show forces you to be subtle.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2014, 06:16:15 PM »
Sometimes a lack of restrictions works, like in the case of Watership Down, however that's an old movie.  :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2014, 06:19:32 PM »

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2014, 07:06:16 PM »
Restriction is fine to a point, but restricting a same sex relationship in a show is stupid just because some people really don't want their kids to know that exists. Like 4 real.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:25:13 PM by Dark Castle »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2014, 08:21:44 PM »
Completely true. This is religious placation much moreso than morality.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2014, 09:12:54 PM »
https://notalwaysright.com

:tup. Browse away !
Damn you, at this rate my summer homework will never get done!
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol