Poll

Which vocalist do you prefer?

Anette Olzon
1 (16.7%)
Magali Luyten
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Prog/Metal Vocal Showdown #26: Olzon vs Luyten  (Read 445 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Prog/Metal Vocal Showdown #26: Olzon vs Luyten
« on: August 01, 2014, 06:23:25 AM »
Another no brainer for me.  Though Anette is pleasant to listen to in both her two Nightwish albums and Alyson Avenue, Luyten is just at another level for my tastes.  Probably my favorite pure metal female voice - she's got no operatic tendancies whatsoever.  She is one of the few voices that stands out on Ayreon's 01 (Ride the Comet), and with Beautiful Sin, Epysode and the latest Flaming Row release ... oh, and touring recently for the female parts with Beyond The Bridge... well, I can only

:drool:

Though sadly, I don't think too many around here know her well enough.  Go fix that people!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Prog/Metal Vocal Showdown #26: Olzon vs Luyten
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 06:53:14 AM »
I love Imaginaerum (which I finally listened to a month ago and kept spinning it almost every day), but mostly because of Tuomas' songwriting. In fact, Anette voice on the album can get a bit annoying for me, especially on the long "e"s, like in Song of Myself chorus.

Luyten. on the other hand, is great all around, so I give it to her.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.