Author Topic: UFOs - Your thoughts  (Read 8451 times)

Offline Andres

Re: UFOs - Your thoughts
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2014, 12:36:22 AM »
Andres, I think we should get married.

I'm up for commitment as long as you have income beyond found money in water park wave pools.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2014, 01:14:45 AM »
Man, I run my own dumpster. Don't front.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2014, 03:51:58 PM »
 :corn
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2014, 06:13:03 PM »
Pretty much. It's all good fun. Especially after a few beers/bowls of cereal.

RIP DTP.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Re: UFO's - Your thoughts
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2014, 06:40:06 AM »
Interesting.... so are you suggesting that perhaps some aircraft enthusiastic weirdo built this ship and then flew it around for fun/to fuck with people?
I'm still guessing something a contractor was trying to develop, considering Tick's proximity to places like Sikorsky and the Civil Air Patrol.

I wasn't even aware of that. Check out this Sikorsky vehicle:

Yeah, it was nothing like that. It was a flying saucer not a goofy looking thing like that. It hovered, and when it moved, it moved so fast you could barely follow it with the naked eye.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2014, 11:10:03 AM »
Maybe it was a hummingbird.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2014, 12:00:13 PM »
Interesting.... so are you suggesting that perhaps some aircraft enthusiastic weirdo built this ship and then flew it around for fun/to fuck with people?
I'm still guessing something a contractor was trying to develop, considering Tick's proximity to places like Sikorsky and the Civil Air Patrol.

Yeah, it was nothing like that. It was a flying saucer not a goofy looking thing like that. It hovered, and when it moved, it moved so fast you could barely follow it with the naked eye.
He never said that's what you saw. He just pointed out a random craft that supported my notion that contractors tried to develop saucers.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2014, 02:14:22 PM »

This 7000 year old petroglyph was discovered in the province of Querato, Mexico in 1966. Depicts four beings with their arms outstretched below a large oval object radiating what appear to be beams of light.

Oh god, I have seen this before, not too long ago, in fact today. It appeared at around 7am out of nowhere, and disappeared around 9pm today. I remember, it was warm, I liked it... I hope it comes back. Some guy called it Ra, not sure that's the proper name.

Wow! I saw it too. I was so impressed I carved several dozen pictures of it into the stone near where I live. Surely it must be magical. After it went away, I thought it was angry at my neighbor so I beat him with a stick until he was dead. I hope it pleased the warm thing. Stupid neighbor.

OMFG LOLOLOL !!!  :lol   :rollin :lol :rollin :lol

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2014, 03:11:40 PM »

He never said that's what you saw. He just pointed out a random craft that supported my notion that contractors tried to develop saucers.
Yeah but what you don't understand in the fact Sikorsky is 10 minutes from my house.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »

Yeah but what you don't understand in the fact Sikorsky is 10 minutes from my house.
WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?! Just because you're close to something doesn't mean you know everything they do if that's what you're even trying to suggest.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2014, 03:17:27 PM »

WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?! Just because you're close to something doesn't mean you know everything they do if that's what you're even trying to suggest.
Please shut your face. I'm pointing out the proximity to the place he is alluding to making those stupid things just in case an assumption was made that's what I saw.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2014, 03:22:54 PM »
"Shut your face"

:rollin

Being close to a base that tests new aircraft doesn't really support your case. It actually supports the notion that what you saw was something they were testing.

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2014, 03:27:33 PM »
Yeah it does seem a bit weird that someone who sees what they describe as a strange aircraft, and also lives next to a place where they test experimental strange aircraft, refuses to consider the possibility that the strange aircraft they saw was something that came from the place that tests strange aircrafts.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2014, 04:01:25 PM »
It's also worth pointing out that the event was witnessed when Tick was thirteen. A 13-yo is *very* impressionable, and at the same time not experienced in worldly phenomena.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2014, 09:36:28 PM »
There's a UFO in my toilet right now...

an Unidentified Floating Object. LAWLZ!

...Okay I'll go flush now.

RIP DTP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2014, 03:49:48 AM »
If there is something unidentified in your toilet, you may want to get to the ER.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2014, 04:39:33 AM »
Speaking of number two how about probing in the butt! Where does that idea originate from? If aliens are that advanced and can travel from wherever they come from in the universe I would assume they had pretty advanced solutions and gadgets other then the ghetto solutions like butt probing?! Like I don't know....x-ray or something.
Ok maybe their intentions of the butt probing are other than
scientific, more like curiosity (NASA, I see what you did there) or maybe they just wanna be evil. I wonder if they know that some earthlings prefer it in the butt.

In all seriousness, I am actually interested in the orgin of the term or idea....I'm not sure what to label it.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2014, 05:57:31 AM »

Being close to a base that tests new aircraft doesn't really support your case. It actually supports the notion that what you saw was something they were testing.
That's what I was saying. I was making the point that an assumption might be made I saw a test aircraft. I was just saying it was not a dumb ass looking thing like the one in that picture.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:28:37 AM by Tick »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2014, 06:04:31 AM »
It's also worth pointing out that the event was witnessed when Tick was thirteen. A 13-yo is *very* impressionable, and at the same time not experienced in worldly phenomena.
Yes I was 13 and yes that is an impressionable age for sure. I know people are skeptics and reason anything away. I can't change that. I just know what I and many others saw on that night was a flying saucer. It was reported on the news the following day.
It was something that I don't believe had any chance of being some primitive test aircraft. It moved waaaay to quickly.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2014, 08:06:26 AM »
Today, I actually listened to a modern classical piece for solo percussionist and orchestra called UFO, by the American composer Michael Daugherty. Probably not what you wanted for this topic, but my thoughts on UFOs are now all about vibraphones and drums.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2014, 08:16:12 AM »
Awesome! Did the percussionist perform on a spacedrum?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2014, 03:19:14 PM »
"That would be in the butt, Bob" quote (and other stuff Boom said)

Perhaps that's their source of energy for interstellar travel.

The answers been there all along!!
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2014, 03:45:16 PM »
Ic always thought Uranus was a source of power.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2014, 04:00:09 PM »
I believe their are things out there we can not perceive in our dimension.

What Tick saw may have been an experiment,  it may not have either. Whom says aliens are exactly in our image, futurama paints a great picture of how many alien forms there can be possible, if they are out there. 

Many ancient cultures have humanoid beings they pray too, or are deities, beings they highly respect.

You have to look at accounts from before technology.  Those from the people that observed the sky.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2014, 04:20:13 PM »
I'll never understand why to some people "written by an unknown person a really long time ago" somehow *increases* its trustworthiness instead of decreasing it. I mean, in those days thunder and lightning were considered divine statements, and an exploding supernova was a miracle.
These days any story we see on the internet is met with inherent distrust because we learned people just make shit up. It's weird how this distrust doesn't seem to apply when stories are very old.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:25:42 PM by rumborak »

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2014, 04:27:44 PM »
I'll never understand why to some people "written by an unknown person a really long time ago" somehow *increases* its trustworthiness instead of decreasing it. I mean, in those days thunder and lightning were considered divine statements, and an exploding supernova was a miracle.
These days any story we see on the internet is met with inherent distrust because we learned people just make shit up. It's weird how this distrust doesn't seem to apply when stories are very old.

An old document is easier to view symbolically because it's less tied down to facts.  If you want to view a sequence of modern events as part of some grander design like a conspiracy theory, it's very difficult because of how many facts you can rebut those views with.  But if you want to view old stories as part of something mythical, there's nothing really stopping you.  You can't prove the mythical stuff didn't happen, so you're free to believe it if you want.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2014, 08:11:10 PM »

I am so happy to read this. I think this every single god damn time some fool unearths a 'drawing' or a 'cave painting' about either gods, aliens, whateverthefuck their imaginations conjure, and use it as 'evidence'. Fuck off with your zany bullshit...evidence....HA! Awesome. Lemme go get my niece's drawing of Santa and then we can talk about how he's real cause she drew him.

If people don't have straws to grasp, they'll make them. It's a little pathetic. Just a wee bit.

RIP DTP.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2014, 02:27:40 AM »
“I have decided to keep this tape recorder with me at all times. Just so that maybe one day I can explain all the strange things happening to me. The lack of sleep. The loss of time. But most of all the sensation of never being lonely...always being watched.”

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2014, 03:30:23 AM »
Yeah I didn't need to sleep or anything.

RIP DTP.