Author Topic: If you could go back in time and change on critical moment in DT's career  (Read 4346 times)

Offline Rodni Demental

I would force MP and JP to rethink the lyrics to Full Circle, ANTR and CoT.  Perhaps give them to JLB to write.

I wouldn't wanna change 'Beautiful Agony' lyrics, and I'm fairly sure that The Count of Tuscany's quirkiness is part of what makes it especially unique.

And how dare you want to change the clever alluding nonsensical lyrics from Full Circle!  :xbones

All of those examples are just fun and playful lyrics really. Songs don't always have to be tragically serious. :D Not that you're implying that, but I do think whatever style came across in the writing, was a conscious decision by the writer. By deliberately telling a story in a certain way, or by experiementing with something a little bit different.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:41:42 PM by Rodni Demental »

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
Full Circle has awesome lyrics.

ANTR has some strange lyrics but nothing offensive or cringe worthy imo. I'd even say it's one of the better songs on that album, lyrically. Although that's not saying a whole lot.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline Madman Shepherd

I would force MP and JP to rethink the lyrics to Full Circle, ANTR and CoT.  Perhaps give them to JLB to write.

I wouldn't wanna change 'Beautiful Agony' lyrics

I would agree with that

And how dare you want to change the clever alluding nonsensical lyrics from Full Circle!  :xbones

:tup

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
Full Circle has awesome lyrics.

This.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline Madman Shepherd

All of those examples are just fun and playful lyrics really. Songs don't always have to be tragically serious. :D Not that you're implying that, but I do think whatever style came across in the writing, was a conscious decision by the writer. By deliberately telling a story in a certain way, or by experiementing with something a little bit different.

I was just thinking, I certainly don't mind the more playful lyrics but I don't think they fit at all in the context of the rest of 8V.  The rest of it is pretty serious and then it gets...dumb.