Author Topic: NHL Thread 2014-2015: 3 in 6  (Read 54385 times)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: NHL Thread 2014-2015: And then there were 16...
« Reply #700 on: April 24, 2015, 08:36:02 AM »
I take the blame for Detroit losing last night.  I started to look to buy tickets for game 5 after the second period.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #701 on: April 24, 2015, 09:14:53 AM »
I might have to light off one of my new fireworks if the Rangers win the series on a friday night at home tonight!

I really hope they win tonight. I'm actually gonna be home to watch it.

Yup, it would be nice if they could finally close a series without going yo game 6 or 7

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #702 on: April 24, 2015, 07:52:19 PM »
Pretty sure we're actually going to lose this series barring Therrien actually doing something, which doesn't happen.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #703 on: April 24, 2015, 08:20:28 PM »
Glad to see the Rangers took care of business! Great win for the Senators today too, hoping the Wild can round off tonight with a win!

Online TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #704 on: April 24, 2015, 08:36:04 PM »
Yeah Rangers!!!! Now I can breathe for a few days. It would be great if Caps-Isles goes to seven with a couple of overtime periods so the winner will be nice and tired while we rest.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #705 on: April 24, 2015, 10:12:18 PM »
 :censored 
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #706 on: April 24, 2015, 10:19:04 PM »
The sad thing is, they played well for long stretches, but Allen letting in that soft goal in the first period and Steen missing a goal my 8-year old niece could have scored in the second period were back breakers. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #707 on: April 24, 2015, 10:33:34 PM »
The sad thing is, they played well for long stretches, but Allen letting in that soft goal in the first period and Steen missing a goal my 8-year old niece could have scored in the second period were back breakers.

At  this point i almost wouldn't mind a loss Sunday just to get these bipolar, Jekyll and Hyde "leaders" off the team. Steen missed (2) wide open goals.....shoulda been 3-1....anyway....I'm so  :censored right now it's not even funny

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #708 on: April 24, 2015, 10:57:53 PM »
I'm actually relieved that I have plans Sunday afternoon and cannot watch Game 6.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #709 on: April 25, 2015, 12:22:46 AM »
I get why you get so mad when they lose, but MIN is definitely not a pushover, rather a legitimate cup contender. They acquired a goalie that work for their system, and you don't see MTL supporters apologizing for having Price in net. Whether you lose to a contender in the first round or in the finals it makes no difference. The better team usually wins 7 game series, regular season record aside (just look at what the Kings have done recently).

I disagree the entire core of StL needs to go if they lose. They have a great team, but so do all 7 of the other teams that made the playoffs in the west. They might need a little shakeup, yes, but a blowup renders everthing that team has done over the past 5-6 years useless by starting from square one. It's TOUGH to make it to the playoffs, it's even tougher to win in them.

Besides, I'm a PIT fan and I know disappointment. Not to say I exptected them to win this year, but they gave the Rangers a heck of a series despite losing in 5 (four 2-1 losses). The way Fleury played is encouraging, and that team is still a contender when they are healthy, but I would not be surprised to see a shakeup there. If Malkin gets traded I will not be shocked, not that I think it is what should be done. They need a GM that doesn't trade every draft pick away for depth guys that don't do anything. They have a 2-3 year window left to win again, after that I'm not sure.

Online TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #710 on: April 25, 2015, 01:10:16 AM »
I get why you get so mad when they lose, but MIN is definitely not a pushover, rather a legitimate cup contender. They acquired a goalie that work for their system, and you don't see MTL supporters apologizing for having Price in net. Whether you lose to a contender in the first round or in the finals it makes no difference. The better team usually wins 7 game series, regular season record aside (just look at what the Kings have done recently).

I disagree the entire core of StL needs to go if they lose. They have a great team, but so do all 7 of the other teams that made the playoffs in the west. They might need a little shakeup, yes, but a blowup renders everthing that team has done over the past 5-6 years useless by starting from square one. It's TOUGH to make it to the playoffs, it's even tougher to win in them.

Besides, I'm a PIT fan and I know disappointment. Not to say I exptected them to win this year, but they gave the Rangers a heck of a series despite losing in 5 (four 2-1 losses). The way Fleury played is encouraging, and that team is still a contender when they are healthy, but I would not be surprised to see a shakeup there. If Malkin gets traded I will not be shocked, not that I think it is what should be done. They need a GM that doesn't trade every draft pick away for depth guys that don't do anything. They have a 2-3 year window left to win again, after that I'm not sure.

I agree with what you said about the Blues. They need work, not a rebuild. They are a very good team who just need to learn how to win in the playoffs. And your Penguins made me very nervous this series. Fleury proved me wrong so many times this series and I would not have been surprised if this series went 6 or 7 games and they ended up winning. I'm happy that it didn't, but with a little more talent to surround Crosby and Malkin if he stays, the Penguins will get back to their winning ways.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #711 on: April 25, 2015, 07:38:01 AM »

I can't argue with this. At all. Keep in mind the level of frustration that's fueling the majority of my disparaging comments about the Blues. Other than Chad who's Leafs are on the same 47 year Cup Drought.....ya'll can boast a cup victory. Most within recent memory.

It's the consistent failure of this team in the playoffs that's whittled my fandome to its barest of bones. It won't matter if they blow it up or keep all but a few....the odds are that Kev and I will be making these same comments 12 months from now. It's near as certain as the sun rising in the morning.

Maybe the Blues win two in a row and advance to the next round....who knows? They're certainly talented enought to do it so I'll hold on to that hope. But to lose (2) games at home like that when we've been lights out at home for three/four years....it's frustrating.

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #712 on: April 25, 2015, 03:59:55 PM »
Yeah, I am so frustrated that I can't bear to watch tomorrow's game, which is almost certain to be yet another 4-2 1st round loss for the Blues (and sadly, probably Hitchcock's last game with the organization). I think their only chance is if they play Elliott in goal and in his rejected state, he delivers an unstoppable performance. I keep thinking this is going to be their year because of how well they always play during the regular season, and I try to forget all the heartbreak that the previous years brought, only to have Lucy pull away the football again when their 1st round opponents turn out to be almost superhuman. I think Toronto fans are perhaps the only ones feeling even more pain, if that's possible.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 05:06:28 PM by Dittomist »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #713 on: April 25, 2015, 09:48:12 PM »
No lead is safe when Ryan Miller is your goalie. :lol :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #714 on: April 26, 2015, 02:47:19 PM »
Blues making an AHL/NHL washout goalie look like vintage Patrick Roy all series.  :facepalm: not to hard to make saves when the puck is fired right into your chest

The one game they elevated shots and hit corners he's lifted on the second period. Not real hard to figure out it'd seem.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #715 on: April 26, 2015, 03:55:08 PM »
My Dear St. Louis Blues........

FUC% OFF!!!!!! you bunch of heartless, gutless sissy ass group of MUTHA FUC%ING players!!!!!!!! It will be years before you see one more red cent from me and the consideration of outright abandoning you as a 'fan' is greatly tied to whatever moves you decide to make over the offseason.

If I hear one MUTHA FUC%ING excuse mumbled by any one player or coach over this layoff and it's not anything other than WE MUTHA FUC%ING CHOKED AGAIN I'll be wearning a MUTHA FUC%ING Blackhawks jersey next year because despite how bad I dislike that team.....their MUTHA FUC%ING stars show up to play when the playoffs roll around....ours vanish like a fart in the wind.

FUC%K OFF you worthless pieces of  :censored

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #716 on: April 26, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »
Now THAT is an epic post! :metal

I cannot believe the Blues are out.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #717 on: April 26, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »

Epic post for another Epic choke job. I'd say I can't believe it either but it's not real hard to believe actually. Bunch of sissies.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #718 on: April 26, 2015, 04:53:56 PM »

Epic post for another Epic choke job. I'd say I can't believe it either but it's not real hard to believe actually. Bunch of sissies.

Need some grit? I'll gladly take one of your sissies, we'll give you Rinaldo.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #719 on: April 26, 2015, 06:14:26 PM »
Need some grit? I'll gladly take one of your sissies

Take your pic:
- Steen
- Oshie
- Backes
- Berglund
- Jackman
- Stastny

Any combination, one or all of them can go as far as I care because they are proven to vanish in the playoffs when the chips are on the table. Other teams star players step up....the Blues star players assume the fetal position. Hitchock should be fired tomorrow morning....he's done a fine job and all but a major change in philosophy and environment is needed and it starts with the coach.

I thought a nice 8 mile run would calm me down a bit and maybe help me realize some perspective and what's really important in life.....and it did.....but it also made me realize just how  :censored ticked off I am at that group of wuss boys that had Blues jerseys on today watching Minnesota beat them.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #720 on: April 26, 2015, 06:19:21 PM »
I'm so glad I had plans today to where I couldn't watch.  I didn't need to see the Blues finish their clown act yet again. :tdwn :tdwn

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #721 on: April 26, 2015, 06:54:58 PM »
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #722 on: April 26, 2015, 07:21:33 PM »
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #723 on: April 26, 2015, 07:26:17 PM »
Yes very, I was scared for a while. :lol

I feel bad about that bad whistle kinda ensuring the Sens lose that game, but at the same time wow Price.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #724 on: April 26, 2015, 10:09:58 PM »
Yes very, I was scared for a while. :lol

I feel bad about that bad whistle kinda ensuring the Sens lose that game, but at the same time wow Price.
Yeah, you guys got lucky on that call  :lol I do think it should have been a tied game, but hey, it doesn't matter. You guys played a good series, we didn't bring it (although we made a hell of an attempt at it).

I couldn't be more proud of these guys. It was a hell of season. Back in September, most people had us pegged at 77 points or so. We finished with 99 and playoff run. That was worth it.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #725 on: April 27, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »
So I guess the Blues choked more than the Predators?  I live south of nashville, tn and folks here are pretty upset about the Predators late season downfall. 
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #726 on: April 27, 2015, 12:04:01 PM »
So I guess the Blues choked more than the Predators?  I live south of nashville, tn and folks here are pretty upset about the Predators late season downfall.

Considering IMO the Preds over-achieved a bit....I think the Blues collapse was far worse. Three years in a row of either winning the toughest division in Hockey or coming in 2nd and then choking in the first round.

Some will argue that they didn't choke....that Minnesota is a good team.....and Minnesota is a good team....but there is no excuse for the Blues to have lost to them in a 7 game series with the players they have on that team. Minnesota is a good team....I think the Blues are better, but that doesn't mean  :censored as the Blues continue to prove. The best 'team' wins the Seven game series near every time and Minnesota won, so....good for them.

It was another failure of the StL players to reach that next level of play. They can't do it. Backes can't....Oshie can't....Steen can't. Statsny is getting paid $8 mil a year for the purpose of scoring in the playoffs like he did last year and he had 1 point?? I'd ship him with the rest of the list I mentioned and go from there. StL had a handful of players that brought it this series and it was encouraging but it takes the whole team to bring it and a lot of the stars were just absent once again. Same bat time....same bat channel.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #727 on: April 27, 2015, 12:20:55 PM »
The Blues: The most appropriately named team in the NHL :)

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #728 on: April 27, 2015, 12:54:10 PM »
The Blues: The most appropriately named team in the NHL :)

Absolutely. It's baffling on 'why' you would name your team that? I mean, WTF were they thinking?? ??? :(   I get they were trying to play on the whole 'Blues' music deal since StL is a pretty big city for that type of thing....but c'mon.....

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #729 on: April 27, 2015, 01:59:05 PM »
Love watching Johnny Gaudreau play, so much fun.  I have no problem with bestowing the name "Johnny Hockey" to this kid.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #730 on: April 27, 2015, 02:48:38 PM »
Love watching Johnny Gaudreau play, so much fun.  I have no problem with bestowing the name "Johnny Hockey" to this kid.
Every now and then, I tune into college hockey up here, and definitely remember him standing out at BC. Yes, he is a fun player to watch.
I'm glad the Flames have a good team.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #731 on: April 28, 2015, 01:20:44 PM »
Every now and then, I tune into college hockey up here, and definitely remember him standing out at BC. Yes, he is a fun player to watch.

Now that the Isles are out, I'm pulling for Calgary in the West and the Caps from the East.  But I don't see either making it past the next round. 
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Online TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #732 on: April 28, 2015, 02:04:22 PM »

Now that the Isles are out, I'm pulling for Calgary in the West and the Caps from the East.  But I don't see either making it past the next round.

Man. I was actually rooting for the Islanders. I wanted the Colesium closed out properly: with a Rangers-Islanders playoff series.

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #733 on: April 28, 2015, 02:14:11 PM »

You don't think the Caps can beat the Rags? I do.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #734 on: April 28, 2015, 02:43:59 PM »
I think the Caps CAN beat the Rangers, but the Rangers have owned the Caps in the playoffs the last few years since losing in a 7 game series before that plus the Rangers are the better team overall so I would pick the Rangers and as a fan of the Rangers, I am glad the Islanders are out.  They scared me.