Author Topic: Ghost Riders in the Sky (By TDS and the Cosmicwx Orchestra)  (Read 906 times)

Offline cosmicwxdude

I've always liked this song and it's various versions.  I recorded this one with a raw and raunchy guitar tone, dual octave vocals and some ghostly keyboard voices to give it that ethereal feel.  Vocals are a little down in the mix but just a bit.  Full band.    Thanks to all that have a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0fl9KOksZE

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Ghost Riders in the Sky (By TDS and the Cosmicwx Orchestra)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 10:44:44 PM »
One of my favorite Cash songs (I know he didn't write it). I love your cover. The vocals definitely need to be upped, though.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline cosmicwxdude

Re: Ghost Riders in the Sky (By TDS and the Cosmicwx Orchestra)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 06:25:29 AM »
Thanks Metal-Junkie.  I appreciate it.   I plan on remixing this and elevating the vocals a bit more.     I actually wrote an original entitled 'The West'  which is kind of in the same vein/genre as this song,  but certainly not a copy or a ripoff and am in the process of re-recording that one with full band.   It's an instrumental but I have a melodic line that runs through it and will attempt to write some lyrics for that one and will post here when I do. Writing lyrics is not a simple task but I try and write them without too much cheese or cliche'.     'The West'  is rather cinematic and I look forward to getting that one completed. Thanks again!  :metal

tds