Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 20245 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2018, 07:44:47 AM »
Nice view on Hurston.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2018, 06:40:34 AM »

Hard to fit the Idris in one shot and also it's seize don't translate to a picture very well but if you look at the right landing feet you see a tiny player running around which give some indication of the seize of the Idris. However the Idris is only a fart compare to the grand scheme of things in Star Citizen.

Here's a large version:
https://i.imgur.com/tdf1QGd.png
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2019, 03:46:48 AM »

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2019, 07:39:44 PM »
How's the performance in this game these days? I remember trying it roughly a year ago and the performance being pretty bad. I've since upgraded my graphics card to an RTX 2070 Super.

I also could never get the hang of the flight mechanics. I'm used to Elite Dangerous flight mechanics.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2019, 01:50:30 AM »
How's the performance in this game these days? I remember trying it roughly a year ago and the performance being pretty bad. I've since upgraded my graphics card to an RTX 2070 Super.

I also could never get the hang of the flight mechanics. I'm used to Elite Dangerous flight mechanics.
It's pretty good actually, in space it's no problem I can easily get 50-60fps with my 1080. However some crowded areas it can be rough, especially if it's a new area. I remember when they implememted Loreville last year, sometimes it was unplayable with 10-20 fps. Haven't played in quite a while so i'm not sure how it's rigth now though.

That's something they constantly tweak for better or worse, they did actually change the flight model completely sometime ago which I haven't tried myself.

Here's a video about it:
https://youtu.be/t8WNU99WWAU

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2019, 10:58:23 AM »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2021, 02:19:58 PM »
Some footage of my Arrow floating in the vastness of space.

https://youtu.be/aaDsDSmsrb0

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2021, 05:08:52 AM »
Checking out The Carrack in Star Citizen

I know that alot of people might have questions about this game and if it's just a pipedream. As someone who's followed the progress of this game for a long time I feel it does get alot of unnecessary hate from people that never tried it or atleast they don't see the progress and ambition they way I see it.

Truth be told, there's not a game out there that offers the same amount of scale, fidelity and detail in their game as Star Citizen offers right now and that's the one thing that still excites me about it.

I recently tried The Carrack, it's a 127 meters long expedition ship that could easily be an entire gamelevel in some games which I find is a fun thought. It's absolutly huge when standing at it's feet.