Author Topic: Received a package with a delivery address in another town. What to do?  (Read 985 times)

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
Two Amazon packages from the same address, but to two different addresses in the same town.  There is nothing identifying the delivery company.  They are still outside my door.  Unless it is USPS who comes to my door nearly every day, there won't necessarily be a delivery person at my door until i actually order something.

Whats the protocol here?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Hmm, no identifying labels. Are they long and rectangular about the size of a flashlight?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Email USPS about it.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Just me, but if it was delivered by the United States Postal Service, I would either hand it to the mail man when he/she comes back, put a note in the box (if you can't be there when he/she comes back), or take it to the Post Office.

Yeah, it's work, but I would like it if someone did that for me in the event that addresses got crossed.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
I'd just take it to a post office and tell them they delivered to the wrong address, if they can't just return to sender.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Do what others have stated, except before, open the package, put a dildo in there, and reseal it.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Arj gets the square!
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Unless it came from a delivery company that works gratis there has to be some identifying number on it.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
Barto, there are numbers, bar codes, etc. but nothing indicating who shipped it.

I simply put a "wrong address" label on them and left them on the porch.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
If it wasn't too far away, I'd go hand deliver them and show that there are still good people in this world.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Jasc15: use your phone to google the barcodes.

Chino: It could be part of a Small World experiment. I had considered the same thing. To that end you could just take them over to your neighbor's porch in the middle of the night and see if it was a good hop.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson