Author Topic: Dream Theater- Metropolis pt 2: Scenes from a memory Vinyl repress coming SOON  (Read 3984 times)

Offline EnjoyTheRide

Enjoy The Ride and Brookvale records are repressing Metropolis pt 2: Scenes from a memory THIS MONTH. They are shipping to us next week and should be on sale in the BROOKVALE Records webstore soon after. I will post the link on here once it is available but wanted to give the forum a heads up.  It will be pressed on 2xlp Black vinyl , like the first time but this pressing is NOT hand numbered or numbered at all. It is limited to 1000 more copies and other than the numbering, the pressing is identical.

Offline son_ov_hades

Great news! I'm definitely buying one, can never have enough copies of my favorite album on my favorite format right?  ;D
"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
I already have 2 copies of the first pressing, so I think I'm okay.  :lol
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Great! I really want it on vinyl :tup
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline EnjoyTheRide

Offline countoftuscany42

ordered!  :metal

Offline son_ov_hades

"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"

Offline Grizz

Goddammit, I already blew all my birthday money. Between this and King Crimson I really need a job
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline EnjoyTheRide

The band posted about the repress on social media so These are selling fast, only 150 or so left as of midnight on 6/11 Est.

For anyone on the fence, now is the time to pull the trigger.

Also for those interested I will post updates in the vinyl thread about our FII and Awake Re-issues which should be out late summer/early fall. I hope to have test presses in hand within the next month or two. They will both be 2xlp and limited to 3000 total hand numbered copies (1000 black, 1000 white and 1000 swirl with splatter colored vinyl). The Color will be a webstore exclusive while the other two will be available in retail stores across the US & likely some white will end up in stores internationally

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I bet that FII will sound like butter on vinyl.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ProgressiveIce

Item total $29.99
Shipping and handling $45.99
:-X That's not going to happen. :'(

Btw, any test pressings for this release available?

Offline EnjoyTheRide

Item total $29.99
Shipping and handling $45.99
:-X That's not going to happen. :'(

Btw, any test pressings for this release available?

Not the repress of Scenes but we may have some tests available for the FII and Awake releases although I am not sure because the label sometimes limits them to under 5 copies.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Meh, it was sold out when I tried just now.

Offline Grizz

Goddammit.
Looks like I'm waiting another three years. :facepalm:
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline ProgressiveIce

Not the repress of Scenes but we may have some tests available for the FII and Awake releases although I am not sure because the label sometimes limits them to under 5 copies.
:)

I wasn't aware that the first press of SFAM was so expensive. Apparently the last few copies on eBay all sold at $200-300. :mehlin

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni

They said on facebook they'd be posting a list of retailers that will also have some for sale.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni

They said on facebook they'd be posting a list of retailers that will also have some for sale.

Nice!

Offline EnjoyTheRide

Nice!

For those who may have missed out

Brookvale ended up getting 700 out of the 1000 copies pressed instead of 500 so they are now selling the final 200 copies...they are now in hand and will begin shipping immediately

https://brookvalerecords.bigcartel.com/product/dream-theater-metropolis-pt-2-scenes-from-a-memory-180g-black-vinyl

Offline son_ov_hades

I got my copy a few days ago. Fantastic product all around! Sounds just as great as the original pressing, a real pleasure to drop the needle on this record!

Offline Virtualman64

Just got my copy the other day!Simply amazing!
I've always prefered vinyl,cds just sound flat to me.Anyway the record is a masterpiece,the sound,and clearity are excellent!Never heard it any better.