Author Topic: Re: nicmos' Top 50 albums v. #1 that is why you fail  (Read 22954 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I agree too, if you would condense the Illusion albums into one, it would be an amazing disc.  Lots of filler on both.

Images & Words, as most know, is perfect.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I agree too, if you would condense the Illusion albums into one, it would be an amazing disc.  Lots of filler on both.

Absolutely this. On both counts.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline nicmos

• Having said that...
love the input.  I guess I just like most of the filler then, with the noted exceptions.  UYI2 is definitely far from perfect, but when it hits, it's electric.  probably the most like that of any albums in all my top 50.  don't worry guys, on the rest of the list it's just one more 8x platinum album with anything I'd call filler on it, imho. 

and I&W is far from perfect.  consistently awesome though, yes.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

This , pretty much.  I don't own any Elton - I am of course familiar with some of the hits (incl the title track).........................will check out the album.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline nicmos

• Having said that...
Re: nicmos' Top 50 albums of the galaxy v. #33-31 feel the walls...
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2014, 09:35:58 AM »
I'm guessing this update will get a little more positive response than the last one.

33.  Queensryche - Empire (1990)

It may be that my introduction to Queensryche was with Silent Lucidity. But luckily my brother had the CD. When I commandeered his portable CD player to listen to it I was amazed how tight and aggressive, yet melodic the songs were. Not your typical dark metal album, but there's an upbeat quality to most of the album that makes it go down extremely smooth (but in a much more satisfying way than light beer!). And the production quality is great. I can't immediately think of an album whose sound is better than this one (Not surprising that Peter Collins shows up elsewhere on my list, and Jimbo Barton and Paul Northfield are regulars for Rush and Dream Theater; maybe Promised Land sounds as good or better I will admit, but this one is damn close). It helps that I took a family vacation to Seattle and the Pacific Northwest in early 92 when the album was still big, listening to it a lot along the way, and to this day I associate it with that trip. Anybody Listening is one of the all time great album closers, and the "epilogue" with the ambient noises is just a perfect way to finish it off. Favorites: Empire, Anybody Listening, Best I Can, Silent Lucidity, Resistance Misstep: One and Only

32. John Powell (and Hans Zimmer)- Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)

Just to be clear, Kung Fu Panda 1 is not on this list. You might think I'm joking with this pick but it's anything but. Industry titan Hans Zimmer was commissioned to develop the themes for the original score to KFP, and they are great. But where KFP2 outshines its predecessor is in the action setpiece writing. And this is where composer John Powell excels.  (This is why I give primary credit to him even though Zimmer is a bigger name.)  Listen to a track like More Cannons!, where the musical climax leaves you almost breathless. The back half of this score is loaded with breakneck action writing that pumps your adrenaline, similar to the way a lot of metal music can. I think it works better than the average score because the musical themes are identifiable and work within the pieces, in a manner approaching the maestro John Williams. There is a fair amount of thematic repetition, but it's not so much that it gets old. It's enough to make you enjoy the variations as they develop throughout the plot. Simply put, some of the most breathless orchestral writing ever put to a score page. Favorites: More Cannons!, Zen Ball Master

31. Anubis Gate - The Detached (2008)

It's my perception that there is a slight preference for Andromeda Unchained, on this forum anyway. I think Anubis Gate took a step up from that good album to create something unlike what anyone else has done. It is a loose concept album, and to be honest it doesn't matter too much to me what that concept is. Each of the songs is great in their own right. It especially picks up after the maybe-radio-friendly fourth track Lost in Myself. From there on out, it's a series of amazing power/prog metal songs. The futuristic theme comes across without sounding cheesy, the compositions are tight, and the playing is top notch. Pyramids is an epic journey. The last minute or so of Options-Going Nowhere is one of my absolute favorite passages in all of metal. To top it off, the extended theme/motif/passage that begins the album shows up at the end in a brutal conclusion to the album, bringing a really satisfying thematic closure. Favorites: Dodecahedron, Pyramids, Bloodoath, Options-Going Nowhere.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 12:46:09 PM by nicmos »

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2014, 10:05:35 AM »
Now we're talking  :biggrin:

Empire is a classic album. Would have made my top 50 but I had a 2 album per band rule and Mindcrime and Rage exist. Still, this got a huge amount of play from me over the years. I've bought this numerous times over the years. I bought the cassette originally (as I did for most things at this time - the walkman was king), then a promo copy with a card 3D cover, the dvd audio version, the remaster, the expanded remaster - you get the  picture. A couple of tracks on side 2 (I'm a fogey don't forget  :biggrin:) don't do it for me (One & Only, Hand On Heart) but they are still decent. Anybody Listening? is just class and they haven't written a better song since.

I'm not a fan of soundtracks really.

Anubis Gate are usually good value. An excellent under the radar band.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2014, 10:35:43 AM »
I'm not at all a very big fan of Empire, but I do love Anybody Listening? and rank it as one of the band's absolute greatest songs ever.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2014, 11:14:12 AM »
Other than buying THAT many copies, I'm right there with Lowdz.  Don't know Anubis Gate.

And the fact that Kung Fu Panda 2 > Images and Words ....

:wtf:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline nicmos

• Having said that...
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2014, 11:57:15 AM »

And the fact that Kung Fu Panda 2 > Images and Words ....
:wtf:

lol.  I know I'm in the minority on the forum, but the variety in our opinions and tastes is part of what makes this place so great.

Both the albums are great.  it's sometimes hard to directly compare albums that are in different genres for a ranking, but I've tried my best to go with that gut feel for which one I think is better, and after looking over the rankings and making some revisions before starting, I'm happy with my list.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2014, 12:41:06 PM »
anybody know what's the deal with Empire's cover art?  Was it made on an Atari 2600 or something?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2014, 12:47:07 PM »
anybody know what's the deal with Empire's cover art?  Was it made on an Atari 2600 or something?

I've asked that question before about the album cover to Empire.  It is so unbelievably cheap looking; I can't understand how that got the go ahead.  I thought there might be a reason for it.  Classic all around and a great pick.

Never heard that panda disc, but I know that I wouldnt give it .0025 seconds of my time.

Offline nicmos

• Having said that...
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »
I don't know about the Empire cover, but that was probably around the time that people first started using computers for graphic design.  so either it was truly due to the limitations of the technology at the time, or a statement about the world's transformation to digital from analog (technology being something QR clearly references in their music of the time very often).

speaking of cover art, I think the Anubis Gate cover is one of the coolest.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2014, 12:57:04 PM »
KFP 2 is a GREAT movie!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2014, 01:06:25 PM »
Let's see if I can post this response in the right thread now. :lol

Empire would be in my top 50.  I played that while dressing up, falling asleep, brushing my teeth, chillin' out, gettin my mac daddy on with down celler with my parents upstairs and my sweats around my ankles.......
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2014, 02:57:26 PM »
Again, not too big on movie soundtracks, but I&W, Queenscryche, and FOABP, all great picks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2014, 04:42:18 PM »
I don't know about the Empire cover, but that was probably around the time that people first started using computers for graphic design.  so either it was truly due to the limitations of the technology at the time, or a statement about the world's transformation to digital from analog (technology being something QR clearly references in their music of the time very often).

That could be the case, but even Microsoft Paint could've smoothed those edges a little in 1990.  I had a 3'x5' poster (yes, 3 FOOT by 5 FOOT) hanging above my bed in my residence in University.  Wonderful way to fall asleep.  I always thought that logo would be my second tattoo... so glad I didn't given the way they gradually declined after PL (until last year).

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2014, 09:52:18 PM »
Nice picks with QR and Anubis Gate...................although I find The Detached (like most of ther stuff ) half killer , half filler.  I find plenty of their stuff just a bit "sterile" but at their best they are really good.  I haven't listened to the new one properly yet but at first listen it seemed good.

Empire is a classic and the last album of theirs I rate from the Tate era.  I have one of the album cover T-shirts which looks even cheaper  :-\
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline nicmos

• Having said that...
30. Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians (2003)

You can hear the development in Infected Mushroom's sound, and that's in the best way possible. I can only say that they managed to perfect the catchiness and weirdness of their sound at the same time. After this album, they started experimenting more with vocal arrangements, and a more full-band approach, some of which I like, but some of which I don't. Don't get me wrong, some of their post-CV material is awesome. But this is the last album where I can say I like listening to the whole thing. Actually, I should mention that this is nothing less than a full double-album, and I don't even listen to most of the second half (called "the other side" as opposed to the first half which is "the trance side"). But on that trance side you have 10 top-notch tracks that are trippy and have addictive rythyms. I have a hard time describing what makes it so great, but it tickles my brain in a way consistently for an hour or so like no other album. The closer, Yanko Pitch, is otherworldly and might have the most addictive beat ever put down (I'm sure everyone has their favorite, but I'm gonna vote for this one.) Favorites: Yanko Pitch, Albineno, Scorpion Frog.

29. Shpongle - Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost (2005)

Shpongle (masterminded by accomplished DJ Simon Posford and creatively assisted by "spiritual" (read: chemically-enhanced :P ) flute player Raja Ram) simply is doing things that no other artist is doing nearly as well. The music is sort of trance-based, and heavily rythmic, but defies normal categorization. It incorporates a lot of ethnic instrumentation, samples (often of apparently stoned people and their epiphanies) and just about anything else you can think of. The first two albums were great, but here they change things up and build an album-long set of shorter pieces where one composition flows immediately into the next with no obvious breaks, so it's hard not to listen to the whole thing at once. It's exactly the type of music you put in the CD player, turn the lights off, put the headphones on, and prepare for a journey through the inner universe of the mind. By the end you feel like you've been on a trip through hyperspace, or something like that. It really is a musical trip in all senses of the word. Favorites: hard to pick since they're all part of the whole, but will go with Periscopes of Consciousness, ...But Nothing is Lost, Molecular Superstructure, and Turn Up the Silence.

Offline senecadawg2

A lot on here that I haven't listened to, but have heard about.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Nothing Lasts is incredible. Not my favourite from Shpongle, but still an amazing release.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2014, 03:45:21 PM »
Let's see if I can post this response in the right thread now. :lol

Empire would be in my top 50.  I played that while dressing up, falling asleep, brushing my teeth, chillin' out, gettin my mac daddy on with down celler with my parents upstairs and my sweats around my ankles.......

I'm not sure what thread THAT belongs in, but it sure as hell ain't this one!! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
No I posted it in another thread instead of this one with the Empire talk!! :lol

Imagine if I was drinking?! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline nicmos

• Having said that...
Nothing Lasts is incredible. Not my favourite from Shpongle, but still an amazing release.

not even my favorite from them either ;)

Offline nicmos

• Having said that...
Re: nicmos' Top 50 albums of the galaxy v. #28-27 the grid
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2014, 06:30:28 AM »
28.  Ozric Tentacles - Curious Corn (1997)

One of my absolute favorite bands that's been around for over 25 years, that almost no one seems to know about (but yes there are several admirers on this forum). Frontman/guitarist (there are no vocals for 99% of their music) Ed Wynne is a guitar player who knows how to shred, and also knows how to incorporate electronics and samples in the best way possible. The result is spacy-jam style music with the occasional reggae accent. I realize that probably sounds cheesy and/or not very good, but believe me this is awesome music. I think most people would say their golden period was in the early to mid-90s(?) and maybe most people wouldn't pick this album as their favorite even if they would say it is in their top 5. But it has consistently great tracks. It starts off with a warm-up track with one of the lowest notes I know of, certainly the lowest discernable note in my music collection, and is great for testing subwoofers, but aside from that piece of trivia, is a great piece and a great start for what's to come. The title track is most likely my single favorite Ozrics track. It combines all of their best. Trippy-spacy electronics, with some master shredding that fits perfectly, and none of the 10-minutes-plus seems superfluous. Like Shpongle, the Ozrics know how to tickle the brain in the right way. For the balls-out and mellow sections alike, it is thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish every time I put it on. Favorites: Curious Corn, Afroclonk, Oddentity

27.  Daft Punk - Tron: Legacy (2010)

I bet people aren't surprised at seeing this one on my list, given I've already included a couple movie scores and some electronic music as well. This deservingly has gotten a lot of positive attention even from listeners who don't specialize in movie scores (just look at any thread on the populist sections of reddit (like AskReddit; i.e. not the specialized subreddits) asking what peoples' favorite recent albums are, and this one seems to pop up a lot.). It gets the balance of simplicity, thematicism, and rhythm just right. Sadly we can't give all the credit to Daft Punk, as they were not the ones who did the orchestrations by themselves, but this soundtrack has a feel like no other. Highly recommended. Favorites: The Game Has Changed, C.L.U., Flynn Lives, TRON Legacy (end titles)

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2014, 09:02:56 AM »
I'll stop being surprised by the movie scores now. :lol And now that I think about it, I'll be pretty disappointed if the Blade Runner soundtrack doesn't make an appearance at some point.

Never heard of the other album.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2014, 09:04:52 AM »
I knew it would be TRON the moment I saw the title. Good pick. :tup

Also much love for Ozric. I don't know this specific album, but I do know three others and they are all very good, with Waterfall Cities being my tentative favourite.

Offline nicmos

• Having said that...
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2014, 09:10:42 AM »
I knew it would be TRON the moment I saw the title. Good pick. :tup

Also much love for Ozric. I don't know this specific album, but I do know three others and they are all very good, with Waterfall Cities being my tentative favourite.

Waterfall Cities is great, it is the one that came right after this one.  Sadly, not on my list though.  I think that album marked the start of the transition towards heavier emphasis on the electronics rather than the full band, and it's not quite as good sadly.  They're still making great music today, but on all the albums I prefer the tracks with as many live musicians as possible.  Especially the human drummer makes a huge difference.

Offline nicmos

• Having said that...
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2014, 09:16:16 AM »
I'll stop being surprised by the movie scores now. :lol And now that I think about it, I'll be pretty disappointed if the Blade Runner soundtrack doesn't make an appearance at some point.

Never heard of the other album.

There are plenty of surprises left on this list, I guarantee some people will be shaking their heads in disbelief or disgust  :o.  Only 2 more film scores in the last 26 picks though.

Offline nicmos

• Having said that...
Re: nicmos' Top 50 albums of the galaxy v. #26-24 females everywhere
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2014, 08:00:46 AM »
An estrogen-heavy update today:

26. Sara Bareilles - Little Voice (2007)

The first of 3 consecutive female albums, maybe it says something about how I came up with my rankings? Like I have to be in a particular mood to listen to these so I rank them similarly? I don't know. Anyway... Sara Bareilles is a true talent. I remember when her debut album and hit single Love Song came out there was the story about how it was about how she was telling the record company to F-off. That endeared me to this, and I liked the song, but I didn't get around to checking out the album until much later. In fact I don't remember how I came to listen to it. But what I do know is she can write great melodies (often stunningly beautiful), great harmonies, and is a soulful piano player. I would be surprised, if most people gave this album a chance, even those who mostly listen to heavier music, if they didn't really like at least some of these songs. This one just barely edges out her follow-up Kaliedescope Heart which is also great and you should check it out too. Favorites: Love Song, Between The Lines, City, Gravity

25.  Alanis Morissette - Under Rug Swept (2002)

Yeah, that's right. Alanis Morrisette. I admit I like her female perspective on things. She's a good lyricist. And her music can be sensitive, or agressive, or both at the same time. There's a good amount of range on this one, and the tunes are catchy to boot. To me this one is really about the headspace this gets me in. I might sound like an idiot for this, but I feel like it is different from just about all the other music I listen to because it's a woman being really honest and penetrating about the issues in her life. Alanis has some other good albums too, I just think this one is the most consistently good. Favorites: Hands Clean, Flinch, Precious Illusions

24.  Florence + The Machine - Ceremonials (2011)

Florence Welch. Wow. This is take no prisoners velvet hammer type stuff. At times seething with emotion, but not in a harsh way-- in a hauntingly beautiful way. Sometimes beautiful and optimistic as well, but always emotional. I think she's way better than those other currently popular British female artists (that I don't understand why they're so popular, because their music isn't nearly as good, even if their singing is better on a purely technical level). For example, combine a near-martial beat with an insistent fifth interval in the melody, and you get a rousing cathartic anthem in No Light, No Light. I think this is a step up from her previous, and I'm eagerly awaiting what she does next. Favorites: No Light, No Light, Spectrum, Heartlines

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2014, 07:57:41 PM »
I've only heard of Alanis and she annoys me.

Offline nicmos

• Having said that...
Re: nicmos' Top 50 albums of the galaxy v. #23-21 been a long time
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2014, 08:34:48 AM »
crickets.  I thought that might be the reaction.  I also thought I might get some comments on Florence + The Machine, since there's a thread devoted to her.  You should really give her a chance, it's on it's own level relative to just about any other female artist.  Oh well, back to more familiar territory.

23.  Brother Cane - Seeds (1995)

One of the best pure rock albums of the 90's, period. I think Brother Cane could have made it really big if they hadn't been hitting their peak during the latter half of the grunge era. Singer/guitarist Damon Johnson has a great voice for this southern-tinged but mostly-straight-ahead group. They had an MTV hit "Got No Shame" ( which kicks serious ass) with their earlier album, but their overall songwriting improved for this follow up. The playing is also first rate. The first half of the album blows the barn doors off, and the second half cools down a bit, but the songs still have a great atmosphere, and are definitely not wimpy. Just the right kind of music for driving down the highway on a road trip. It's a shame they really only lasted one more album. It's good that Johnson has shown up in other places, including the supergroup project Slave to the System with some QR members, and you should check that one out too. Favorites: Horses and Needles, Hung on a Rope, Rise on Water, ah hell the whole thing is great.

22.  Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV (1971)

So, there's this band, and they had a few hits in the late 60's and 70's, maybe you remember them. Everyone has their opinion about Led Zeppelin, but you can't deny how influential they remain. Talk about ahead of their time with the Lord of the Rings stuff... anyway. Not much else to say about this. I just crank it when I hear Rock and Roll (the song). Stairway to Heaven is a really great song with a friggin' awesome solo, once you get past it's overplayed-ness, and if you're able to avoid it enough so that it stays fresh. What a build up. And who doesn't love the drums in Levee? Four Sticks is an underrated gem if that's possible with this album. A great listen from start to finish. Favorites: Rock and Roll, Stairway to Heaven, When The Levee Breaks, Misty Mountain Hop

21.  Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland (2009)

I didn't think Shpongle were going to put out another album after Nothing Lasts... they took a longer break than usual, and this has always been a project Posford has juggled with his other endeavors. But not only did they come out with a new one, in my opinion it is the best of their career. It starts off with a bang, possibly their most aggressive track with the combination of a great echoing bass drum beat, and a great exotic sound that transports you to southern Asia better than just about anything else they've done. Every track is great. There is increased use of female vocals on this album, which works really well, and then we get to Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit, which takes the main theme(s) from the masterpiece on their first album 10 years prior, and situates it in a whole new environment. Just awesome to hear the callback to one of the most amazing trance-inducing ambient/electronic pieces ever (...And The Day Turned To Night from their debut Are You Shpongled? if you want to check it out). I feel like I really am somewhere else when I listen to this album. The pinnacle of Shpongle to me. Favorites: Electroplasm, Nothing Is Something Worth Doing, I Am You, Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 12:25:02 PM by nicmos »

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2014, 11:55:14 AM »
Brother Cane is a solid band; And Fools Shine On is a very catchy song.  Their third release, Wishpool, is very good too.  I remember the title track from Wishpool and the Crow Flies stood out to me. 

Led Zeppelin is pretty much the definition and staple of classic rock.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »
I've only heard of Alanis and she annoys me.

I loved the Jagged Little Pill album before it was overplayed, but nonthing else of her intersted me.

Led Zep - I've said before I don't like 'em. There are several great songs on this album and I did buy it. Still don't like the band, especially PLant. but I can't argue that this sin't a great album.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »
Led Zep - I've said before I don't like 'em. There are several great songs on this album and I did buy it. Still don't like the band, especially PLant. but I can't argue that this sin't a great album.

You are dead to me.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2014, 05:01:24 PM »
Dude I love Florence + The Machine - for some reason I failed to comment on that post.

IV - can't argue with it. I haven't had the desire to listen to Led Zep in a while, but IV has always been my favourite of theirs.

Ineffable Mysteries isn't one of my favourites from Shpongle - I'd put at #3, but it's still completely amazing. Simon Posford is really something else.