Author Topic: Meshuggah - "The Demon's Name is Surveillance" Drum Cover  (Read 1278 times)

Offline growthmusic57

Meshuggah - "The Demon's Name is Surveillance" Drum Cover
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:50:08 PM »
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post my most recent drum cover attempt. This song definitely gave me heightened appreciation for Tomas Haake's playing ability (as if I didn't already appreciate his playing enough...!), so I hope you enjoy it :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhOXBn4u33s

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Meshuggah - "The Demon's Name is Surveillance" Drum Cover
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 05:47:21 AM »
 :tup

Good playing although i'm not much of a Meshuggah fan. I find - songs with constant double pedal - where do you go from there ?

If you're at full tilt for the whole song - how do you do that one last big push over the cliff ? :p

Offline growthmusic57

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 04:49:23 PM »
:tup

Good playing although i'm not much of a Meshuggah fan. I find - songs with constant double pedal - where do you go from there ?

If you're at full tilt for the whole song - how do you do that one last big push over the cliff ? :p

Thanks man! I appreciate the feedback. And I do understand where you're coming from with Meshuggah's music. Personally, I love their music. I like how they really expand and focus primarily on "concepts" (my musical terminology vocabulary is that of a toddler's...) in songs like Demon's Name, Bleed, Nebulous, Shed, etc. It's kinda trance-inducing, at least for me. Their rhythms are really cool and I just like how they approach music. You'd probably dig their older material. Future Breed Machine, for instance, is all over the place musically with a lot of interesting concepts in one piece. Just my two cents man!

Thanks for watching

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 05:33:56 PM »
I had the nothing album and it bored me to tears :lol

I don't mind obZen as it's somewhat more straightforward and I enjoyed the last album making of DVD.

Can't believe they used only digital amps and Cubase !!!!

That's like a babies' toy ! :p

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »
Wow, nice job man! My feet would've died around the 2 minute mark. Well done.