Author Topic: Top 25 Video Games Lists! v. CableX's "Worse Than My Top25 VG Music" (pg. 62)  (Read 231564 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Sorry if my post offended you. And while school should come first, some consideration for others would have been nice.

Agreed with DoC.

DC...  :chill.   You're right... real life priorities take precedence.  However, recognize that others want to do this as well, and you took 6 weeks to fire off 18 entries. 

My impression... (and this comment is not specifically directed to DC, but the generic 'you' that refers to every and anyone) if it takes someone more than a few days to put together a couple of paragraphs together on why you love a game, you're too busy to be doing the list, or putting way too much thought into it, and being somewhat disrespectful to those waiting their turn.  Shit or get off the pot.   :biggrin:

I know this isn't my thread idea, but why don't we treat it like the Roulette/Top 50s/Discog Discussion threads?  Have a couple running at the same time, and a dedicated thread for each member?  That way, if (when) someone is going a little slow, it's not holding everyone up?

Just my $0.02.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Please remove me from the list. I might not live to see it.

7. Halo Reach
Best Halo game for me, played and continue to play with friends, GRIFF BALL amirite? Campaign is no slouch either, and multiplayer maps and modes are fantastic.
6. Mario Kart 8
Easily the best entry in the series, you know Mario Kart, but this takes it to the umpteenth level. Play it yourself, don't be a fuck and just get a Wii-U already
5. Super Smash Bros Brawl
My favorite, from the gameplay to the character list. The new ones are sure to overtake but this series just gets better and better
4. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Fantastic game, great story, gameplay is fun as heckles
3. Pokemon Colosseum
Controversially my favorite Pokemon game. The protagonist is the most radular ever, underground pokemon fighting, and rescuing pokemon from evil as fuck dudes combine to make me love everything about this game.
2. Red Dead Redemption
Everything is fantastic about this game
1. Wind Waker
Best Zelda game, best game period. Ocean exploration is fun you naysaying babies, gorgeous art style, fantastic dungeon design, and a story full of heart, drama, and action.

There, how's that for you  :censored
My fucking apologies school has picked up and I choose to prioritize that first over this. I should have known to predict my future and have seen how busy school was going to get what with Lab groups we don't get to pick until the first day of class.
Just move on to the next person,

Wow.... pretty interesting to see Mario Kart 8 on your list, considering that it wasn't released until after you started your list.

Sorry if my post offended you. And while school should come first, some consideration for others would have been nice.

Just my two cents, I had 7 entries left, I was actually going to have done 2-3 big updates today, seeing as I have my first big break from class today, and I was going to wrap it up Saturday, I know there's been a few entries that have been a bit of a delay, but I did an update every 2-4 days on the normal as much as I could. First and foremost, school comes first, that's just the way it's gotta be, and this month, I got in what's probably the worst group time wise(group wise it's awesome because I'm with all of my friends), and there's just nothing I can do about it. On top of that I've got Homework and a group project for another class to worry about. I didn't have that when I started this list, and couldn't have known about the lab group at the very least.

If ya'll thought I was being an inconsiderate jerk, instead of publicly calling me out in the manner you guys did, which I happen to find really rude, just PM, say "Hey Dork Castle, I've noticed you haven't updated in a few days, anything going on?" There's no reason for you guys to post stuff like "I think I'll pull out, I probably won't live to see Dark Castle finish.) There was also two large stretches, one where I was banned, which is beyond my control, and the period I told I wouldn't be able to, which was when I went to Bonnaroo, and had some makeup homework to do afterwards.

I actually agree completely with your last point though, if ya'll thought I was going too slow, why don't we have 2-3 of these going at a time like every other Top XX thread?

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
I think the problem with lists like this having a line is that people have different amount of time, and it's not possible for everyone to update equally. As for me personally, I've had all the free time in the world these last few years, and updating twice a day has been easy and maybe I've set a high bar. I know others have much more to do in their time, and obviously personal time should come first in something like this.

The best solution I could think of is that whoever is in the waiting list (assuming they have a busy daily schedule) start working on write-ups before it's actually their turn. That way most of their time doing the list will be copy-pasting what they have already written before. I don't know, just a thought.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
*DC completely understandalbe explanation*

Then why didn't you just make that explanation, rather than having a minor fit like you did?  Also, I think DoC was trying to be facetious/joking.

The best solution I could think of is that whoever is in the waiting list (assuming they have a busy daily schedule) start working on write-ups before it's actually their turn. That way most of their time doing the list will be copy-pasting what they have already written before. I don't know, just a thought.

Agreed 100%.  With DC being the first, a slower pace is understandable.  Others in line should already be working on their list and writeups well before they are officially 'up'.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
I know this isn't my thread idea, but why don't we treat it like the Roulette/Top 50s/Discog Discussion threads?  Have a couple running at the same time, and a dedicated thread for each member?
I though about that when I first talked about the idea on the video games thread, but as there where just a few people interested on the idea, a single thread for all the lists seemed a more appropriate approach rather than having a dedicated thread for everyone. With just 25 games on the list, it seemed that with more than one list running at time everybody would finish really quick. Also, don't forget there are lots of video game threads already (Battlefield, Pokemon, Zelda, GTA V, etc.)! The bottom line is, now things have gotten bigger and this approach doesn't seem to be sustainable in the future. So, if moderators don't mind, Scorpion you can start your own thread now. And if you are ready, Genowyn, you can also start too.

*DC completely understandable explanation*
Sorry if I seemed rude, DC, it certainly wasn't my intention.

I would actually like to take on something like this, so sign me up if possible. :)
Of course!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:55:36 PM by Sacul »

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: The Top 25 Video Games Thread! v. The Age of the Scorpion (Pg. 5)
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2014, 11:28:46 AM »
The only problem with multiple threads is that I don't think is big enough to be archiving threads like we do with the Top 50 albums and Song Roulette threads in GMD. By keeping it in one thread, everything is kept. I think a lot of people (myself included) are much more likely to follow it if I just need to keep coming back to one thread every time.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2014, 12:17:36 PM »
I'm cool with that.

Offline Cable

« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2014, 02:49:11 PM »
Most of these games are far too new for me to have played. :lol

just wait until my turn.  You'll probably be saying the opposite!  :lol

I like it already! Unless your list includes Magnavox Pong, I don't think you could go too oldschool for me to appreciate.

Sames for mine. My newest games are one from 2010/2012, and another from 2011. That's the two newest. Plus like Scorpions is shaping up, mine is littered with PC games. Makes it more interesting the more diverse lists are I feel.
---

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »
That got a lot of discussion, I see! Oh well. Maybe this one will elicit more of a response... though I thoroughly doubt it.

23. Titus the Fox: To Marrakech and Back (1992)

Title screen.

Screenshot from Level 1.

Anybody here still remember MS DOS? By all rights, I shouldn't either, but my granddad is somewhat of a collector of old to outdated computer stuff. Back in 2002 (when I first played this game and was a measly seven years old), he had two computers running in his office: one with Windows 95 and one only with MS DOS. I played this on the latter, and let me tell you, I wasted COUNTLESS hours trying to beat this bitch of a game. Now, I revisited it earlier this year and it wasn't as hard as I remembered it being, but it was still pretty damn tricky - especially that run of levels from Level 7 to Level 9, which are about ten times as difficult as any other level in the game. Like with Fable and Flatout, nostalgia plays a big role here - this game was the first computer game that I remember playing, so it's somewhat understandable that I like it a lot, but still, it's good fun. As you can see from the offered screen-shot, it's basically a 2D-platformer, with the story being that Titus the Fox has to rescue his love Suzy, who has been kidnapped (sound familiar? :P), but who plays this for the story? Not me. I think by now this game is free to download and play, so if you're interested in this type of game, give it a go! You'll need an MS DOS emulator like DOSBox, though.

22. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)

Cover.

Gameplay - this is at the start of the first task.

I was a huge Harry Potter nerd back in the day, and would probably still be if the series wasn't over, so it's only natural that I started playing the computer games. I played Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone first, and it was cool, I guess. But then came this game, and it blew me away. It took everything that I liked from the first game, improved upon it and ditched the aspects that I didn't like, which was mainly the linearity of it all - you can now replay almost every part of the game as often as you want, improving on your time in tasks or going back to certain areas to gather collectibles - something which I am a sucker for. Some areas exist only once, but that's okay - it's still a huge improvement over the complete linearity of the first game. Plus, Hogwarts is huge in this game! I think I 100%-ed this one, but it took me at least 20 hours to find all the Chocolate Frog Cards. Now, I haven't replayed this one in a quite a while, but I'm positive I'd still enjoy it. It's just one of those games where everything comes together that delighted the young me for hours on end.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:07:23 PM by Scorpion »
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2014, 09:18:14 PM »
Sorry Scrop... I'm 0 for 4.  Never played any of these.  I have a feeling our generational gap will see me going ??? on more than a few of your entries.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2014, 09:20:27 PM »
It's not like all of these came out two years ago... but I get ya. I'd think most people won't know too many games on this list. But if it inspires anyone to pick up even one of these, I'd consider this a successful job.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2014, 09:24:30 PM »
So far on your list the only game I've played is Fable. I didn't play it much though, as it failed to capture my interest.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2014, 09:25:20 PM »
I play current games too!  I guess it's got more to do with the platform's we had access to.  I never had any Nintendo consoles, and only a sporadic element of PC games through the 90s and 00s.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2014, 09:45:30 PM »
Awesome, good to see things moving forward and it sucks that you had to rush, DC, but it was still cool seeing your list. I agree on TWW being one of the most beautifully crafted games created, let alone Zelda, and I've got a different number 1 Zelda (Majora), but TWW will always hold a special place both in my heart and in the world of games and what it did for the industry.

Interesting list Scorp! I loved me some Titus back in the day, and granted, I didn't play much because that was around my introduction into games as a whole and had basically a tidal wave of games thrown on me in the coming years. But it's awesome to see Chamber of Secrets, I loved both the movie and the game so much, and even though the games, quite frankly, were poorly made in terms of their development, I still had fun with it because I was so addicted to the stories at the time. I remember playing mine on my Gamecube with my sister, getting her into games because of it...just a lot of good nostalgia there. Good stuff! Look forward to seeing some obscure games.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2014, 10:38:09 PM »
I was always a console gamer, and never had a proper PC until much later, so I'm not familiar with a lot of PC games. Our first computer was a shitbox though, so I also knew MSDOS far better than anyone my age had a right to. It's even more impressive for someone your age though, Scrop!

My knowledge of PC platformers is basically Commander Keen, and Jazz Jackrabbit. I played the hell out of Commander Keen back in the day, as one of the few games we found that our old PC could play, although Jazz Jackrabbit just felt like a poor man's console platformer to me. Never heard of Titus the Fox, but it looks more my type of thing than most games in these lists. :hat
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2014, 11:03:47 PM »
I remember playing that Chamber of Secrets game as a kid and loving it.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2014, 11:03:22 AM »
I remember playing that Chamber of Secrets game as a kid and loving it.
This. It was a nice game, but I don't remember actually finishing it :lol. Btw, wouldn't you mind putting the numbers to the games? For database purposes :P

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2014, 11:12:45 AM »
Chamber of Secrets was a warm up for the fantastic Quidditch World Cup game that came out afterwards. I spent more time playing the Quidditch stuff in Chamber of Secrets than I did the actual main game  :lol Good game though, one that I eventually finished, and played a lot when I first got an Xbox.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2014, 11:23:27 AM »
I really need to play my copy of Red Dead Redemption.  Bought it used three years ago and never got around to it.

Would it be kosher if between two lists I posted my top 25 in one post without any write ups, because I don't really care to write them up, I just want to see what some people think of my favorite games.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2014, 12:13:25 PM »
Hell, at least DC finished his list. I have a shitty problem of stopping halfway through a list. *cough* Breaking Bad *cough*

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2014, 08:31:24 PM »
Never heard of Titus the Fox, but it looks more my type of thing than most games in these lists. :hat

Like I said, you can find it in various places around the net, and programs like DOSBox are not really hard to find either, so if you want to pick this one up for a few hours of mindless fun, definitely do it. From what I know about your general likes/dislikes, I'd think this would be right up your alley.

Btw, wouldn't you mind putting the numbers to the games? For database purposes :P

Sure! No problem, I don't know why forgot them on the list. Went back and added them in.

Also, you might have noticed that I've started including screenshots from each game, mainly to give those that don't know these games an idea towards their gameplay and aesthetic. I shall continue doing so, unless someone (for some unfathomable reason) objects to this.

Also, new update.

21. Eets - Hunger. It's emotional (2006)

This is what a level looks like. Eets is that white thingy there and the puzzle piece is where he has to go.

This one was somewhat of a lucky find for me. My father used to have a subscription on a computer magazine called ct (dunno if it exists in other countries), and twice a year, it came with a CD stacked to the brim with useful programs and games. Most of the games were either freeware or demos, but one of those CDs also included the full version of Eets - Hunger. It's emotional. Considering that I was looking for something to play around then and I was never one to turn down free stuff, I fired up the game on a late afternoon, figuring that it might entertain me until dinner, if nothing else... I didn't close the game until 11 p.m, that's how it drew me in.

It's essentially a puzzle game. You have a... creature, I guess called Eets that you must guide to the end of a level (a puzzle piece), and you have certain objects available to you to ensure that he does reach the end. A little like Lemmings, really, though I never really played that game. Anyway, what makes this game so immersive is that the puzzles here have a pretty much perfect difficulty curve - with the exception of the first few, they're never too easy to be boring, but later they frequently add new objects that require you to think in new ways yet again to solve a level. Plus, there is a lot of levels here, I think a hundred or so, so a few hours of entertainment are guaranteed here, if you don't hate puzzle games, that is. Plus, the art style is really cool, which is always a plus.

20. Worms 4: Mayhem (2005)

A worm being attacked by a Robo Turret.

I'd guess that most people have at least heard of the worms franchise. Yes, the main idea is absolutely preposterous, but there's so much humour and explosions thrown in here (mostly the explosions!) that I find it rather hard to care about that. Be it story-mode or multiplayer, the premise here is as simple as it universal: beings (in this case talking worms) in ridiculous outfits try to kill each other with a variety of weapons (ranging from conventional like a shotgun or a stick of dynamite to ridiculous, like the Banana Bomb or the Holy Handgrenade), blowing up most of the landscape in the process. The last man standing (usually) wins. I mean, how can you not like that?

The reasons for picking this game from the worms series is, again, mainly due to nostalgic reasons: it's the first game of the franchise that I played. And while I get how some people don't really enjoy the switch to 3D all that much, 2D always felt wrong to me after having experienced this version first. Plus, it has some pretty cool stuff in it that I miss in the earlier versions, like the ability to have your team talk in ridiculous Scottish accents.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2014, 09:34:46 PM »
Never heard of Titus the Fox, but it looks more my type of thing than most games in these lists. :hat

Like I said, you can find it in various places around the net, and programs like DOSBox are not really hard to find either, so if you want to pick this one up for a few hours of mindless fun, definitely do it. From what I know about your general likes/dislikes, I'd think this would be right up your alley.

I've had DOSBox since way back. I might check it out. :tup

I've never played Worms 4. The only one I've played is the one in the XBOX Arcade, which had the traditional 2D gameplay, which was a lot of fun.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2014, 03:16:13 AM »
Your screenshots aren't working very well. The Harry Potter one doesn't show up when hotlinking, and the Eets one says "To view the screenshot and download the game, please go to www.oldgames.com".

You might want to get your own photobucket (or similar) account and upload these images there.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2014, 04:26:41 AM »
Weird, they show up for me? ??? Anyway, that is a good idea. I think I even have a PhotoBucket, though I'll be damned if a can remember the password.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2014, 05:35:52 AM »
I really like the Worms-games but I actually don't care for the 3D games at all. IMO the charm comes from the traditional format. I recently started playing Worms Reloaded, which has the classic Worms layout of seeing the game from the side, and that's the way to go IMO.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2014, 09:13:40 AM »
Man, I have to say, I was cringing through the majority of Dark Castle's list. What an odd selection. But I guess whatever is fun!

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2014, 09:51:58 AM »
Man, I have to say, I was cringing through the majority of Dark Castle's list. What an odd selection. But I guess whatever is fun!

I would love to know what was so cringe worthy about it, truly I would. I should probably be informed of what many classics I missed so that the plebeian that I am can play catch up and include those instead.

I'd love to include many more games, but you know, it's a top 25, and these are the top 25 that I either remember the most fondly or have the most fun playing right now, so why don't you waste your time on more productive things rather than cringing at a list of something that brings joy to somebody.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 02:10:04 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: July 13, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »
I think it was a decent list, with lots of great modern games.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #203 on: July 13, 2014, 10:15:04 AM »
Two Worlds is probably one of the worst games I have ever played on the current gen  :lol

I guess everyone's different. It's interesting to see a list from (I'm assuming) a younger guy who has mainly played 6th and 7th gen games. If I were to do a list, it would overwhelmingly consist of RPGs from gens 4-6, but it'd also include a handful of modern games too. 

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic DC. I would probably recommend you a ton of games on the SNES and PSOne. But I'm not sure there'd be a point. Gaming is gaming and it's difficult to go back in time (I personally don't enjoy much on the early gens and can only enjoy the best of the best on gen 3). However, a few series that I would think should be on any list:

-Metal Gear Solid (PSOne). Snake Eater, too.
-Chrono Trigger
-Zelda and Mario games that aren't on the Gamecube
-A Final Fantasy game
-Something Castlevania
-Something Megaman

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »
Two Worlds is probably one of the worst games I have ever played on the current gen  :lol

I guess everyone's different. It's interesting to see a list from (I'm assuming) a younger guy who has mainly played 6th and 7th gen games. If I were to do a list, it would overwhelmingly consist of RPGs from gens 4-6, but it'd also include a handful of modern games too. 

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic DC. I would probably recommend you a ton of games on the SNES and PSOne. But I'm not sure there'd be a point. Gaming is gaming and it's difficult to go back in time (I personally don't enjoy much on the early gens and can only enjoy the best of the best on gen 3). However, a few series that I would think should be on any list:

-Metal Gear Solid (PSOne). Snake Eater, too.
-Chrono Trigger
-Zelda and Mario games that aren't on the Gamecube
-A Final Fantasy game
-Something Castlevania
-Something Megaman
(1993 kid you're talking to)
I've owned(for the most part, if we're talking the big consoles generally from Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft) and played every generation from NES to Current, if I didn't have it, close family or friends had it and I played on each console plenty.
Let me go through your post.

Two Worlds: If you actually read my post on it, you'd see why I like it so much, not much else to say on this.
Metal Gear Solid: It's a great series, but didn't make my personal cut.
Chrono Trigger: Admittedly never played it, but it never really caught my interest either
Final Fantasy: IX is fantastic but like I said for Metal Gear, doesn't make the personal cut for 25.
Castlevania: I've tried multiple games from the series, didn't really enjoy it that much honestly.
Megaman: Have played most of the Battle Network games which are fantastic, but don't make the personal cut. I own II but I don't really have fun playing it, at least on my NES.

I don't get what's wrong with my favorite Mario and Zelda games being from the Gamecube, the Gamecube produced many of the greatest games in my opinion and I wish I had more space for some of them like Luigi's Mansion, and Chibi Robo. It's not like that means I don't enjoy older Zelda and Mario games, because actually the older ones usually come right after only list of favorites for the series.
Like I said above, if the list was a larger number, that would have been great, but it wasn't; so I picked what I remembered most fondly or what I'd played recently that had brought the most entertainment for me.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:49:25 AM by Dark Castle »

Offline Cable

« Reply #205 on: July 13, 2014, 12:46:38 PM »
 ???

Dark Castle's list is his list, and those were his favorite games. There shouldn't be a pre-requisite to X, Y and Z franchise on someone's list, but NOT on this or that console. Having DC's and now Scorpions list thus far being so different is fun.  :tup

Does DC's age somehow make his list less qualified to be valid? Not everyone can have an Atari, NES, SNES, Gameboy, Virtual Boy, Sega Master System, Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, an upgraded computer every year, Xbox, Xbox360, Xbox One, Game Gear, PS Vita, Wonderswan, MSX, MSX2, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3ds, CDi, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Wii, WiiU, and Gamecube. So we all cannot even scratch the surface of most games made. Having one current gen console is usually the norm.

Maybe make a list Skeever if you want to share your top games? I feel it's a bit odd to call someone's list out on not having the most popular titles in your view. Experience of favorite games on favorite consoles is relative to a lot of factors. You may cherish the SNES and PS1 as the best systems, but not everyone else does. I don't, but I also will not fault anyone for not having titles that I enjoy on YX systems.
---

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #206 on: July 13, 2014, 01:03:01 PM »
Have you played Worms:Armageddon for PSOne? You can switch accents for each team and name them whatever you want. It makes for funny captions when you die.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #207 on: July 13, 2014, 05:09:32 PM »
Have you played Worms:Armageddon for PSOne? You can switch accents for each team and name them whatever you want. It makes for funny captions when you die.

I don't have a PlayStation, but I think I did play Worms: Armageddon (at least I remember there being a worms with a weapon called Armageddon, and that would make sense for it to be in Worms: Armageddon, wouldn't it?). Like I said, however, the deciding factor was the fact that W4:M was the first one of the series that I played at all, so I was kind of predisposed to picking it.

Update time!

19. Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (2005)

First boss fight of the game.

"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm. You may wonder who I really am, and why I say this. Come, and I will tell you a tale like none you have ever heard."

Rounding off the Prince of Persia trilogy on a high note, we have this gem. It's not my favourite of the trilogy (spoilers!), but it's still incredibly great. The whole game is set in Babylon, but it's so big, giving you a real feel of immersion into the city. Many of the mainstays of the Prince of Persia series return here, along with a new maneuvre called the Speed Kill, which is just as awesome as it sounds. Yes, this is basically either climbing or fighting, but the world it is set in is built so well and the plot is really quite interesting, so I don't mind. One of the things that I appreciate most is that the Prince is the perfect hero that you play in so many video games, but that he actually a quite flawed character, who has lost sight of most of the things in life that aren't revenge. His journey towards revenge on the Vizier and how he comes to terms with his dark side is handled quite masterfully, though I was expecting a big fight with the Dark Prince at the end and was sorta disappointed when I didn't get it, which would be my only complaint with this game. Oh, and the combat system is really sweet, and there are some really cool boss fights, with the 3rd boss fight being one of the hardest that I have ever beaten. All in all, awesome game with a beautiful setting and a suprisingly good plot.

18. Tomb Raider: Anniversary (2007)

Probably the most difficult boss fight of the game.

Bad graphics don't normally hinder my enjoyment of video games, but even I have a pain threshold, and the first Tomb Raider is beyond that by quite a bit. Therefore, even though remakes don't normally interest me all that much, Tomb Raider: Anniversary being a remake of the first one was quite welcome, especially since I quite enjoyed the story of that one. Anyway, this is a great remake - the graphics are light years ahead of the first one, the game play is improved quite a bit, one of my favourite things in Tomb Raider combat is finally added (the adrenaline move), it's tied in quite cleverly into the trilogy (Legend - Anniversary - Underworld). Plus, I love how the game pokes in fun at the original, showing that it is not only a remake but much more, with my favourite of these moments being in Qualopec's tomb at the end of the game's first section. Plus, this is probably the first game that I ever 100%-ed without any online guides, so that will always be a fond memory that I'll associate with this game.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #208 on: July 13, 2014, 05:18:24 PM »
Prince of Persia trilogy  :tup
Tomb Raider is nice too (never played the remake though, only the PSX ones).
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #209 on: July 13, 2014, 05:34:47 PM »
Nice! Two very similar series, one building off of the other; both very beloved for myself, in nostalgia and general likeness of the games. I love PoP a lot more, but they've all but killed it recently and in comparison to the new Tomb Raider reboot, the PoP series has seriously fallen behind. I didn't enjoy TTT as much as other PoP games but it was still engaging and fun.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.