Author Topic: Top 25 Video Games Lists! v. CableX's "Worse Than My Top25 VG Music" (pg. 62)  (Read 231479 times)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Sign me up as well. This will be fun, excited to present my list in a few months.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
  Should be a few months before it's my turn.

Hate to say it, but years at this pace.  Zantera is spoiling us with his bands list.

True enough.  But if people, like... you know... start working on this while they're on the waiting list, and not wait until it's their turn, the pace should pickup.  It's only been a month with DC, so that's not too bad.  That's an update every couple of days.  With a Top 25 list, it shouldn't take longer than a month to go thru this.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cable

Should be a few months before it's my turn.

Hate to say it, but years at this pace.  Zantera is spoiling us with his bands list.

True enough.  But if people, like... you know... start working on this while they're on the waiting list, and not wait until it's their turn, the pace should pickup.  It's only been a month with DC, so that's not too bad.  That's an update every couple of days.  With a Top 25 list, it shouldn't take longer than a month to go thru this.

I already have a 1/3rd at least of mine done, so I can just copy and paste for my posts and be done with it. Even though I'm later, I'll try to pick up the pace to two a day for the first 20.
---

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Geez guys, sorry there hasn't been an update for a few days  :lol
I've had to make up homework, and study for a makeup Midterm. After this morning I'll post a few updates.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Oh, and sign me up for this. 
Sign me up as well. This will be fun, excited to present my list in a few months.
Added!

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
12. Assassin's Creed II (2009)

Still the best Assassin's Creed to date in my opinion, this entry improved upon everything from the first, had a wonderful storyline, and never got tiring. I still like the series, but every release afterwards just hasn't captured the magic nearly as much as this one. III was brilliant, the world was amazing, but the story loses me very quickly and I still haven't beaten it to this day, still have yet to play IV. Italy was quite simply put absolutely gorgeous, and the side stuff in this game was very entertaining as well. It's been quite awhile since I've last played this but I feel like I could start over and just power drive through this game, it's just that addicting. Combat wasn't a super simple affair, and evading the LAW didn't seem like an impossible affair like III does.

Offline Outcrier

Totally agree with your opinions on both AC2 and 3 (i just didn't enjoyed playing the game).
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I was revolutionary as far as story ideas go.  II just took it up a notch.  I haven't played III yet.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
If you've played the first two games, you've experienced the best the series has to offer, in my opinion. It's not a bad series, it's just downright stale. I didn't like III and didn't get very far, and IV was cool for the first few hours and teetered off into mediocrity and far too many instances off deju vu. The bad kind. But yeah, I enjoyed ACII the most. I probably won't buy another AC game till they inevitably have to give in to logic and do the shogun era. Or y'know...inject any type of innovation or fresh ideas instead of just a change of scenery.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
If you've played the first two games, you've experienced the best the series has to offer, in my opinion. It's not a bad series, it's just downright stale. I didn't like III and didn't get very far, and IV was cool for the first few hours and teetered off into mediocrity and far too many instances off deju vu. The bad kind. But yeah, I enjoyed ACII the most. I probably won't buy another AC game till they inevitably have to give in to logic and do the shogun era. Or y'know...inject any type of innovation or fresh ideas instead of just a change of scenery.
The second they announce they're doing one set in the Shogunate era, I strip my clothes off and go into a binge session of masturbation lasting days.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
11. Titanfall (2014)

Why is such a recent game on my list, and so high? Well all I have to say is suck it, this game is utterly fantastic, and it's the first step into a new generation of amazing shooters. While some (still) bellyache about the lack of a campaign, I love that they didn't waste time and space attaching a half assed, much too long and tedious campaign to the game, and instead focused on the online experience. The gameplay is incredible, the feeling of parkouring around a city just feels wonderful, and the gunplay is some of the tightest I've seen in any video game. On top of that the visuals are quite simply brilliant, and many maps just make my jaw drop, they're well designed hybrids of past shooters, offering expansive room to maneuver, but also contain little alleys and stretches that give you that small map oriented play as well. And don't even get me started on the Titans, those are just a fucking blast plain and simple.

So yeah, tight game.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm playing Black Flag right now and I'm having a good time, it's my first AC game but it's a lot of fun.

I really wish I had time to play Titanfall during the free weekend this weekend but I had a trip to make. Maybe I'll pick it up sometime.

Offline adace

Just noticed this thread. Nice picks, DC :tup Don't agree with/haven't played all of them but you definitely have a bunch of good ones such as Borderlands, Bayonetta, and Assassin's Creed. Following.

Offline Outcrier

I think i will do a top 25 too, can you add me to the waiting list, Sacul?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:37:41 AM by Outcrier »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
No problem! I just hope Dark Castle can finish his list... soon.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
If you guys keep reminding me I've got to finish my list, I'm just going to stall. School exists, and I'm updating when I can.

10. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire (2004)

Best Pokemon generation so far, and it's being remade, so that's tight. If you're not a dusty relic, you at least know what Pokemon is, collect bitchin monsters, nurture and love them, and make them fight because you own that shit cuz. This generation had my favorite pokemon designs(X/Y and Black/White might edge it out in that now) but it still has the most entertaining play value. Secret hideouts are way more fun than they should be allowed to be, I'd literally spend hours designing my secret hideout even though it doesn't matter. That and the city designs were radical, and incredibly charming, and I loved to just wander around. Training Pokemon also didn't feel like a chore like it can be in the newer games. Overall, one of my favorite games from my childhoods, and I can't wait to see it made in the gorgeous detail that's been shown so far.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:55:12 AM by Dark Castle »

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
I'm actually not a HUGE fan of Gen 3 but they are pretty good. I think with Pokemon it comes down to nostalgia a lot. Gen 2 will always be the shit for me.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
Gen 3 is definitely my favourite too.

Offline Outcrier

I'm with Zantera, go Gen 2   :metal

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
I was on my way out of the Poke'world whenever these games came out, but have since gotten back into the series and cannot wait to explore them in depth on the 3DS remakes. I do remember enjoying the world immensely and while the roster of monsters isn't my favorite, it's still up there.

RIP DTP.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Sacul, can you put me on the waiting list, I posted on the front page but was never added.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Totally, I feel like the Pokemon after that are really weird and have some silly names. Just take a look at this.

Seriously?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
Yeah, because other Pokemon games didn't have their share of useless designs.  :\

Every generation has it's share of completely boring ideas that were threw in to fill the quota. Just as they have their share of awesome designs.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:04:50 AM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Totally, I feel like the Pokemon after that are really weird and have some silly names. Just take a look at this.

Seriously?

Here's just two examples of awesome designs, but there's plenty of great designs in the Pokemon games today.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:54:34 AM by Dark Castle »

Offline soundgarden

Here's just two examples, but there's plenty of great designs in the Pokemon games today.

Are you saying Chandelure was bad design? Its one of the few I really digged in the recent generations.  Plus, Ghost/Fire?  F yea!

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
No, I'm saying it's one of many, many brilliant designs. Could've been a bit more clear on that heh.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
9. Skyrim (2011)

A game I've sunk too much of my life into. It's my favorite from the series, I tried Oblivion and shut the game off after seeing the Kings shitty grin when he said he was going to die or something, and half heartedly tried it again a few hours later. The combat is the best in the series, I feel like this game actually lets you feel the weight of your hits, and that's something I actively enjoy in games. The graphics are jaw dropping at times and the customization is pretty radical too, and I've made multiple bonafide badasses. Story is nothing to write home about, but it serves it's purpose, and doesn't stop me from exploring every single nook and cranny in the game. I love spending half a day on some huge as fuck cave I happen to run by, it's a pleasure to waste my day.

Overall this game is a great game to play on a rainy day, and offers countless hours of fun.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
Good game. It's far too in depth for me to enjoy it completely, but many games are for me these days, sadly. It is indeed a massive plethora of potentially hundreds upon hundreds of hours of nothing but exploration and mystery. When the game originally came out, my friend said an odd comment that stuck with me and still describes the game perfectly for me; he said "The thing I love about this game is that you can spend hours doing quite literally nothing to actually further the game and not know it while you're doing it". Like you said, you can spend so much time just exploring a 'little' (in comparison to the game world) nook, find some random treasure and/or powerful opponent...or perhaps nothing at all; but even if you find nothing, it's still exhilarating somehow.

For me though, I really don't have the time to rack in hundreds of hours into a game anymore. I would love to be able to, and hopefully will be able to again someday; but for now those days are behind me and I've still only got about 60 hours in Skyrim. Which, for me, is unheard of in the past few years. It's a testament that I finished the story, but I realized the real game lies in it's ability to continue on after that plot ends. It's almost like an adventurous GTA, where instead of just driving around a city and fuckin' around with cheats, I'll dive in with the insane amount of mods there are and have fun that way.

I still jump in from time to time to fly around as Goku and have Iron Man as a minion, just fuckin' up those dragons and stealing their balls, hoping they bring me wishes.

They haven't.

RIP DTP.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
I serious would like to know how many hours I have spent playing Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

Second thought, maybe not.  The Fallout series might even be worse considering how much I played the first two, in particular.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
I don't think I'll ever complete Skyrim, but I would agree that it's one of the best games out there. I play it from time to time in periods, but I love doing side-quests and explore so much that I'm moving at a snail pace when it comes to the main storyline.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
Do you mean 100% complete? I finished the actual plot of the story in about 45 hours, give or take a few. The rest is all screwing around for me.  :lol Unless you just got caught up in the side-quests..I know a lot of people like to try to complete most of a game's side quests before they finish the story. I've become the opposite over the years of games becoming more open...I like to get what I can out of the story and then kind of just have the rest as extra fun for downtime. I suppose that goes right along with me having less time with games though, now that I think on it.  :sadpanda: :millahhhh

RIP DTP.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member

Here's just two examples, but there's plenty of great designs in the Pokemon games today.

Are you saying Chandelure was bad design? Its one of the few I really digged in the recent generations.  Plus, Ghost/Fire?  F yea!
Chandelure is on my team in every Pokemon game now. The special attack on that thing is just unfair.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
I may have spent 100+ hours once and nearly 50+ on another game. Now I realize that Skyrim isn't nearly a great game, but man, is damn addictive. Also, it's one of the few that, having such freedom to do whatever you want, you don't feel confused on what do do or where to go. I won't play it again, just because I know all the main and side quests.
Oh and I loved the Dark Brotherhood missions. So bad that all the guilds have short plots.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Waiting for #8. No rush, just a reminder that there are guys that follow this thread.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah!  I may not comment much, but I'm always following.