Author Topic: Top 25 Video Games Lists! v. CableX's "Worse Than My Top25 VG Music" (pg. 62)  (Read 231589 times)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
17. Devil May Cry (2013)

I looooooooooooove Devil May Cry, and I loooooooooooove this reboot. His redesign looks pretty radular, and as opposed to many who bitched about his new hair, I really liked it. Anywho let's talk about something other than that beef cake. I love the gameplay from this series, and it's top notch on this release, combos flying every which way as you slash and hack your way through hordes of enemies with a variety of weapons, each and every one having different feel to it. On top of all that, the game looks absolutely fantastic. The story is also pretty cool, no spoilers from me, and the humor is the kind we've come to expect and love from Devil May Cry. If you're a cool dude, you probably enjoy this series, and if you've never played any games from the series, you should give it a try!

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
16. Two Worlds (2007)

THIS GAME. THIIIIIIIS GAME. It's one of the most ridiculously "hilarious in a not meant to be hilarious way" I've ever played. The gameplay's actually incredibly tight, combat is ridiculously fun and you'll find yourself duking it out with dragons for what can amount to a half hour. And you can actually do some pretty amazing stuff with weapons, such as stacking weapons with the same name and stacking elemental damage on top of that to make these monster slamma jamma weapons of mass destruction. But where you really fall in love with this game is the hilarious dialogue, especially of the character you play as. And the visuals are actually pretty tight, especially for an early 360 game, although it's also the reason the game can stutter pretty badly at times, they really pushed their limits with this sumbitch.

"IT'S WET", shouted out enthusiastically when you jump into a body of water,
"BANDITS!" when you come across a group of wild bears or paladins of a holy order.

Honestly you really need to experience all of this for yourself, it's dirt cheap and you will find yourself being entertained for many weeks.
So go get it YOU NANCIES.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Nice, awesome to see DMC!! I adore the reboot and really hope they continue with it. Glad to know there's at least one other person who likes his design; I got so much shit from friends who are fans of the series that abhorred everything about the reboot and I was the complete opposite. Right down to the look of the game and the awesomely metal soundtrack (DAT COMBICHRIST), it all screams DMC, but a fresh new take on the whole thing. I just remembered though that it was a prequel so...I dunno how they'd continue; but if they do a sequel, I really hope it's the same team because that game is by far my favorite of the series.

I've never actually played Two Worlds but I watched a friend play and yeah, it's pretty hilarious...but I don't think I could play it and still enjoy it. Awesomely fun to watch, especially after partaking.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
I've always heard about DMC but never came to play it. Is the 4th a good starting point for the series?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
15. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (2013)

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a game that you may put down for a while, but always come back to, guaranteed. Like the rest of the games in this series, New Leaf is an incredibly addicting game where really all you do is average things, such as fishing, bug catching, swimming, cleaning up garbage, and shopping. Oh yeah and you can find fossils, attend concerts, the fish you catch are radical, as are the bugs, etc. It's a simple game that has a whole buttload of charm to it, personalizing your house with various random objects, designing your own clothes, which other neighbors might start wearing makes you feel really proud inside, especially when they tell you your design is dope. I also like the addition of being the mayor in this game, makes me have a sense of duty to make the best town I can for the other residents and myself.

So if you have some free time and who are we kidding, we all have a little bit of it, this is a cozy little game to spend that free time on.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
Love the Animal Crossing series, and New Leaf was the best them. Like you said, I haven't played it for months, but one day when I'm on a road trip, I'll definitely see how many weeds I have to clean up and how many of my peeps moved out.  :lol :'( Classic, laid back gaming at it's best (only rivaled by the almost equally awesome Harvest Moon series...which has a new 3DS game coming out soon!)

RIP DTP.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Still no ET :tdwn
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!

Dude, it is clearly going to #1, why do you think they made so many copies of the game?

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
A lot of games I haven't played, still following!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran

Dude, it is clearly going to #1, why do you think they made so many copies of the game?

heh, I still have mine
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline masterthes

ET is the best game of all time. Of course it's going to be number 1

:rollin

:|

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'd be very disappointed if ET isn't on the top 5 :sadpanda:

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
14. Grand Theft Auto V (2013)

Well it's getting a facelift for the Xbox One (Yay!) and PS4, and that'll be fantastic, but this game already is incredible. It's a HUGE step up from IV, in terms of exploration, driving, things to do, and really every thing about it is just better period. The map is frickin gigantic, and there's never a spot with nothing to do. THere's golfing, skydiving, racing, hunting, submarine searches, you name it, you're not trying very hard if you can't find anything to do. On top of all of that, Rockstar really brought forth a fantastic story, one that keeps you engaged all throughout, and getting to switch between different characters was a very radical decision, each character has their own personality and that also transitions into how you play the game(at least for me)

Overall: This is a gam eyou should play, it's nuts, it's fantastic, and it's incredibly engaging.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
I can't WAIT to play this when it releases on PC. It's about time.

RIP DTP.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
:2metal:

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
I was never too big on the GTA series. I don't know why - I love open world, I love random violence, but I just never really enjoyed the series. That said I only know GTA II and GTA San Andreas, so I might give this one a spin some day.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
Besides GTA 2 back in its day a little bit, I was never really a fan of the pre-SA GTA games. SA I actually hated at first, it took me about seven or eight years to give it a second chance where I finally saw some appreciation for it. But it's not exactly the best of the series and it is now quite dated.

Having said all that though, GTA IV is one of my favourite open world third-person shooter games ever, and the two DLCs are great aswell, so I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone who does enjoy these open world games. I've not played GTA V myself so no comment there, but going by its reputation I'd say that there are at least two games in the series that may appeal to you.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
GTA V really is incredible.

I've been a huge GTA fan since the old days. Even since before they went third person shooter. My first exposure to GTA was when I got GTA 2 on PS1 for my birthday when I was 7 or 8. My dad picked it because he thought it seemed "fun".  :P I don't think my mom had approved if she knew what it was, but I had some fun times in it. I don't necessarily recall doing missions in that game, I just played around and enjoyed the "being free" aspect. When GTA 3 came out, me and my friend were blown away by how good it was, and what a pleasant change it was. Vice City continued that trend, and San Andreas was the game I played the most. I liked 4, but I found myself getting bored of that one easier. I completed it once, but unlike previous games I did not complete it several times.

With all the hype and buzz for 5, I was so excited and had so high hopes. GTA V managed to live up to them. What an incredible game. In many ways it really is the best GTA game, and one of THE best games ever made. There are so many things I loved about it, that it would take too long for me to get into detail, but what a game.  :hefdaddy

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
I could never get into GTA 3 or Vice City. Sure I would run around crashing cars into shit and killing people if I went to a friend's house and the game was on, but I had no inclination to get them for myself. They were just "fuck-around for a few minutes at a time" games to me. GTA 2 was the same, I never actually did anything of consequence in it. SA was the same until I gave it a proper chance one day, and found myself doing the missions and stuff. I can't see myself ever going back to it though.

GTA IV was when shit got real for me, so I'm very much looking forward to the GTA V PC release.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni

Lets hope it's a much better port than GTAIV was.

I really like the GTA series and V is a great game however it didn't really grab me in the way Vice City or IV did, I don't know what it is. I found both Michael and Franklin to be kind of dull./

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
No update for awhile guys, I'm off to Bonnaroo

Offline Outcrier

Yeah, GTAIV lags a lot in my PC, one that can play most recent games in max settings without framedrops. Hope that they don't do a poor optimization again.
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
Yeah, GTAIV lags a lot in my PC, one that can play most recent games in max settings without framedrops. Hope that they don't do a poor optimization again.
The engine could have been optimised a bit better, but at least the PC port of GTA IV was functionally really good. I'm playing Watch Dogs right now and it's incredibly fucking annoying how little attention to detail there was in the port to PC. A few things that are irritating about it:

- Mouse aim has some slight input lag, and even though there are articles online instructing how to "fix" the problem, they don't. I'm normally a great shot, but if something is far away or moving too fast I have trouble hitting the body, let alone the head. There's a bullet-time function that alleviates the problem a bit in firefights but this still pisses me off.
- There's an aim-assist, and while you can select three different magnitutes for it, you can't actually turn it off, which makes aiming at things even more difficult.
- The mouse cursor in menus moves ridiculously fast, and if you turn up camera/aim sensitivity the speed and distance the mouse cursor moves increases with it. I like high sensitivity, so the mouse cursor just behaves stupidly in the menus for me.
- Some menus use the mouse to select things, and there's no option to use arrow keys or WASD instead. But, there's no cursor. Basically if you want to move from one option to another, you have to move the mouse a certain distance to get it to move. If you want to move to the option next to it, you have to move the mouse that same distance again. So it's not like the cursor is just invisible, because that would still be somewhat intuitive. Instead it just feels really strange and clunky to navigate that way.

These sorts of things could be patched I guess, but they haven't been yet and this is the state Ubisoft launched the game. But at least I know Rockstar's port of GTA V won't be as shit-tastically annoying as this.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
These sorts of things could be patched I guess, but they haven't been yet and this is the state Ubisoft launched the game.
I haven't played it yet, but I've heard things like this, along with lots of bugs. If they took a few months to improve the game, why is the port so poor?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
13. Batman: Arkham City (2011)

This game right here sucked up a lot of my life for awhile, a gorgeous presentation of the Batman universe, lovingly crafted to give you a raging bat boner. This game is pretty amazing in all aspects, the graphics are gorgeous, the characters are crafted with fantastic attention to details, the gameplay is super tight, the story is marvelous, and it never gets boring. I could and still do spend hours just gliding across the Cityscape, beating up thugs and looking for hidden secrets, to 100% the game. There's really nothing about this game that drags on, there's always something to do, whether it's the marvelous main story, the side missions that shed light onto other characters in the universe, or just all of the secrets you can find nestled away in city. The gameplay is similar to Assassin's Creed, in that once you get going, it's hard to die, but unlike Assassin's Creed sometimes could get, it never gets old, you can really feel the impact of the hits you land, and if you do mess up, you will pay for it.

Overall, if you haven't played this game, for the love of god, go out and get it ya big dummy.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
Arkham City is awesome. The moment when I was in the museum and about twenty thugs stormed me and I took all of them out without losing the combo is still one of the gaming moments that I remember most fondly. Absolutely love the game - I think I even got all the side missions... though I never managed to get all Riddler trophies. :(

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Finally a game I know!

Great choice as well. I enjoyed the first one fine, but everything was tighter and slicker in City.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
Yeah, Arkham City just takes everything that was great about Arkham Asylum, puts it in a bigger world and leaves out the bad stuff (of which there was, admittedly, not a lot, but still).

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
So much people talk great things about the Arkam series - I should play them. Do they have a common storyline?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
Nice! City is my favorite open-world game of the recent generation of games.

They do, Sacul, but AA just adds to the story if you play it, there's absolutely no actual need to play the first one, in my opinion. AC is absolutely an upgrade in every way and the story of the Asylum can be read and previewed by synopses in City. I still play it after 100% completion; there's so much shit to do it's almost endless. Oh, and the costumes are absolutely awesome; It's just too cool flying around as the Green Lantern Bat, there's a bunch of options. Also, I really liked playing as Catwoman a lot more than I thought I would. Add on top of all that a New Game + mode and it's one of the most exhilarating and fun open-world games out there. I still enjoy running around in it more than I do in Watch Dogs or GTAIV (anticipating V's PC release).

RIP DTP.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
I tried Arkham City out, but couldn't get into it. I found the combat pretty boring because it's so easy, and the plot seemed to be nothing but forced excuse after excuse to give another Batman villian a cameo in the game.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
I've only played asylum, I have city but I haven't touched it (picked it up in the WB humble bundle pack), can't wait to try it out.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
I have city but I haven't touched it
Now that I remember, I got it free for my PS3 :facepalm: - will start it soon.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Excellent game.  'City' becoming open world rocked.  Great story, great side missions, great enhancements to 'Asylum'.

'Origins' has been sitting in the wrapper downstairs just begging to be played for quite a while.

Oh, and sign me up for this.  Should be a few months before it's my turn.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
  Should be a few months before it's my turn.

Hate to say it, but years at this pace.  Zantera is spoiling us with his bands list.