Author Topic: Top 25 Video Games Lists! v. CableX's "Worse Than My Top25 VG Music" (pg. 62)  (Read 231546 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Love the Batman games.

SF2 was probably my favorite as a kid, but those side scrolling fighting games were a lot of fun as a kid, but are games I don't play at all anymore.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Awesome list Jingle :tup, lots of games I haven't played but it was great following along.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Haven't played the last couple of games so I can't comment on these.

But thanks for running this list, thanks for digging up some really cool and old stuff and reminding me what fun we had back then and how old I am.  :biggrin:

PS: And the 1541 was high-tech, I started with a C64-tape, the floppy came a year later and cost as much as the C64.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

But thanks for running this list, thanks for digging up some really cool and old stuff and reminding me what fun we had back then and how old I am.  :biggrin:

PS: And the 1541 was high-tech, I started with a C64-tape, the floppy came a year later and cost as much as the C64.

Oh, I remember the tape drives too - putting a cassette in, running the program, then going to make lunch while the game loaded.  Did you think that the 1541 was blazingly fast when you got it?   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Street Fight got a lot of play time for me. I remember after basically only playing SMB and Zelda, it was nice to try something different. I spent hours and hours against friends and the computer trying the different characters. I did prefer Mortal Kombat once I got my hands on that, though.  But I can't deny the awesomeness of SFII.

Online Kwyjibo

Oh, I remember the tape drives too - putting a cassette in, running the program, then going to make lunch while the game loaded.  Did you think that the 1541 was blazingly fast when you got it?   :lol

Oh yeah, compared to the tape the 1541 was near light speed and it had the unbelievable capacity to store 664 blocks (=165kb) on one disc  :metal

Later there was a thing called Speed-Dos that really made the loading times bearable but you had to change some of the eprom in the c64 and the floppy in order to make it work.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I did prefer Mortal Kombat once I got my hands on that, though.  But I can't deny the awesomeness of SFII.

I also prefered MK.  I was more into the blood and gore.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Next?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
https://www.houseoftarg.com/

surely this may be....the greatest place ever.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline masterthes

SF 2 was probably the only fighter game I ever got decent at. All the other games were way too complicated

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Sorry guys, roulette and college have taken most of my time, and although the first one is over, I'll stay away from the forum for some time, so I don't feel like being able to take care of this thread, thus any of you is invited to do so. I've updated the OP and sent PMs as a last activity here, but won't continue to do so.

• DT.net Member
I'll run it if you're cool with that.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
As long as you can keep it up, sure  :smiley:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Sonic 2 and Street Fighter are two of my all time fav games, absolutely unbelievable!  Still play them both from time to time through the gens emulators.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Sonic 2 and Street Fighter are two of my all time fav games, absolutely unbelievable!  Still play them both from time to time through the gens emulators.

I use Kega Fusion these days, but Gens was the shit back in the day. Dem startup screens!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I use Kega Fusion these days, but Gens was the shit back in the day. Dem startup screens!

I'll have to check that one out.  Gens is just simple to use.  Haven't played in a while though, I'll check Fusion.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Kega can player Master System / Mega Drive / 32X / MegaCD, is more accurate (especially with sound), and can record video, but Gens is still fine if you just want to play a Mega Drive game.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Kega can player Master System / Mega Drive / 32X / MegaCD, is more accurate (especially with sound), and can record video, but Gens is still fine if you just want to play a Mega Drive game.

Sounds good.  My love is 95% for Mega Drive but I did start with a Master System which I have great memories of too.  I'll have to check it out.  Never got the MegaCD and I had a 32X but wasn't that big on it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
The only MegaCD game I have is Sonic CD which I hate, and no 32X games, but at least the option is there. Neither add-on really caught on, so it's not a huge loss.
I had a Master System first too (I think we're one of the only countries that cared about that console :lol), so I have lots of those games. Actually, I have every Master System game on my PC. Some of those old games still hold up well, others not so much.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
My only question is - does the emulator also run 32X CD games?? :lol
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Why yes it does! All 6 of them, I assume. :lol Now you can finally relive the magic of Slam City with Scotty Pippen!

Offline Cable

The next two up haven't gone, so this thread is kind of dead in the water re: next up. Does anyone mind if I go? I have a good amount of mine written...
---

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Since Sacul doesn't want to / can't maintain the thread (ie, updating the titles), I'd suggest Josh start a new thread first.  Maybe a mod (Rich watches this one) can lock this?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DT.net Member
Word. I'm cool with running this thing and starting a new thread to simplify matters. My only hangup is losing the bond so to speak by having to prematurely close this one. If one of the mods can get ahold of XJ Denton and see if he knows of a way to let me manage the OP in this thread without having to start a new one that'd be quite swell. Otherwise, a new thread it'll be I guess.

Anyway, my weekend starts at 1pm US eastern time which is 14 hours from now so I'll plan on being productive to get this thing back in full swing tomorrow pending how readily those on the list can reply. I figure all of us end up going a day or two without checking the forum sometimes so by that reasoning it's only fair to give each participant two days to answer a PM before skipping them.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Jarlaxle told me he wasn't ready yet, and let the following one start with his list.

• DT.net Member
Yeah, he sent me the same message after reading the recent posts in this thread and noticing the change. Thanks a bunch for letting me know regardless. I PMed adace and CableX to see if the former can start some time this weekend and, if not, if the latter could start early next week should the former fail to reply over the weekend.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I just want someone to start soon so I can tell them I've never heard of their favourite games and that they all suck. :getoffmylawn:

Unless I'm up next, in which case I have heard of all of them, but they still suck. :neverusethis:

• DT.net Member
CableX agreed to go next but accidents are known to happen from time to time...

Offline Cable

I just want someone to start soon so I can tell them I've never heard of their favourite games and that they all suck. :getoffmylawn:

Unless I'm up next, in which case I have heard of all of them, but they still suck. :neverusethis:

Alright, here goes then. You will have *plenty* of chances to point out the SUXorage!  ;)

So I guess my title will be "Worse Than My Top25VG Music list!"
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=45829.0

I have five *just missed the cut* games. One of these could have been easily swapped out for something in the lower range of the list. In the case of the first game mentioned, it probably should have, and could be even higher. But oh well.

Starcraft: Brood War

Battle toads

Legend of Zelda II

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2

Wing Commander: Prophecy

---

Online Kwyjibo

StarCraft Broodwar and C&C2 are the only ones I know and played but I enjoyed them quite a bit. But both wouldn't probably make my top 25 either.

Offline Cable

25) Silent Hill 2
(I will be attaching links to any of my Top25 VG music posts to my Top25 VG list posts if they match, having the luxury of doing the former first).
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=45829.msg2102612#msg2102612

I played this game for about 30-60 minutes. That is all. On this note, I cannot really place this deserving game higher because I just didn’t play it. The atmosphere was that freaky to me, where I just said eff it.

I am not the smartest when it comes to figuring out things, and this game has so much in it that it’s hard to come away from one cohesive interpretation. Hearing a Letsplayer describe the room where Angela was with the pistons was enough to really detail this game, and how much goes into it- creepy and disgusting it may be. Watching videos and descriptions, and reading about it has been enough for me to say this is a top game. Even though my playtime on it has been so limited.

From what I gathered too, this is basically the consensus pinnacle of SH. My friends played SH1, and enjoyed it. And I was already late to the PS2 gen, so that's one of the reason why I just picked up SH2 briefly. I guess after SH3, it is mostly downhill.

So this is basically an atypical game on my list. I am basically playing it backwards- looking at interpretations, watching people play it, listening to the music out of context of the game (I bought the soundtrack). I do plan on legally playing this one day, when it comes to a device or Mac/PC I own. Although these days with Konami, I’m not holding my breath.  :sad:

***Next up, that fast Blue guy makes an appearance.***
---

Offline Cable

24) Sonic The Hedgehog
-my tune age post- https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=45829.msg2100207#msg2100207

While the Mario makes an appearance, I respect a specific quirk about Sonic much more. Most games involve killing something, or knocking something out. Sonic and Mario are no exception. Someone told me that she liked Sonic because at least he did not kill anyone really, he just set the animals free.

I really respect this in the day and age of highly animated violence. And I can look fondly back on games of my youth, like this one, as at least a little kinder in nature. Sonic was also probably the first game that gave me a great sense of speed. Whenever I did speed up though, I would usually fail. But the game has this sweet sensation of just moving super fast.

As I listen to podcasts now, and various tidbits about games, people highlighted that at its core, Sonic is actually not about speed. I agree and disagree with that. I do feel that later stages, it is really hard to speed through. But not watching a AwesomeGamesDoneQuick on this, I know someone can probably beat this game full tilt all the way.

***The unplanned, disowned, non-canon child of Snake***
---

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
:tup
I love the classic Genesis/Mega Drive Sonic games. The speed is earned, not given, and speed can reward you with shorter, alternate paths. Now they mistakenly think Sonic games are all about instantly going 1000mph all the time.