Author Topic: Top 25 Video Games Lists! v. CableX's "Worse Than My Top25 VG Music" (pg. 62)  (Read 235883 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: The Top 25 Video Games Thread! v. Another controversial list... (pg. 34)
« Reply #1225 on: April 21, 2015, 10:06:20 PM »
I'm sure this game could have ranked higher if it didn't destroy all of your controllers. :P :lol

Like many of the N64's first-party games, this game is a ton of fun when you've got 3 or 4 people, and the beauty of it is that it's so simple to learn that nobody needs to have played in advance to be competitive.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1226 on: April 21, 2015, 10:31:46 PM »
I actually think the games got worse as they went on. 2 was a disappointment because most of the new minigames sucked and they reused too many from the first game. I remember liking 3 a lot more but don't remember it much to be honest. 4 was dreadfully boring and 5 wasn't much better, especially the boards. That was the last one I played but looking at the newer ones you don't even move your own character around the board anymore, everyone is in some sort of vehicle that goes around the board and that just seems ridiculous to me. I also liked that in the first game was a little more punishing, like you would actually take coins from your opponents in 2v2 and 3v1 minigames, which they got rid of starting with the second game.

Still this is a really good vidya game and if I were to ever make a list (I won't), it would probably be an honorable mention for me aswell.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1227 on: April 21, 2015, 10:36:26 PM »
I've never played any of the later ones properly except for the DS one, which is ok with the touch screen gimmick, but it's not comparable to playing a game with other people.

And stealing coins from your opponents was one of the greatest joys in the game! :lol Grab bag was a battle of the button bashing, and I was unbeatable at that.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1228 on: April 21, 2015, 10:50:24 PM »
Games like that were something they did really well in the first game. The concept and execution of them is dead simple, but they are so much fun. Bumper Ball doesn't even use any buttons.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1229 on: April 22, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »
As long as you had the time to play it, I think Mario Party was the best multiplayer game on N64.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1230 on: April 22, 2015, 09:05:50 AM »
Mario Party is such a great game, so many controllers ruined as well as the palm of my hand.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1231 on: April 22, 2015, 12:55:56 PM »
Mario Party is such a great game, so many controllers ruined as well as the palm of my hand.

I used to wear a baseball glove when I played  :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1232 on: April 22, 2015, 07:16:06 PM »
lol I wish I thought of that, I eventually developed a callus :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1233 on: April 22, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »
That's because the minigames were intended to use the thumb, and keep your hand clean :P .

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1234 on: April 22, 2015, 08:31:58 PM »
That's because the minigames were intended to use the thumb, and keep your hand clean :P .

Yeah, but nobody wins it like that! :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1235 on: April 22, 2015, 09:54:55 PM »
I can't remember if it was 56 or 58 spins I used to be able to get on that wind-up Shy Guy in the store, and I doubt that would have been even remotely possible using my thumb.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1236 on: April 24, 2015, 01:54:57 PM »
I was thinking of doing one update per game on the top 10, but I want to finish this soon so double update till the top 3.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Best First Person Shooter. Ever.

You know, it was a risky move. Infinity Ward had made some amazing WW games, and was having a healthy competition with Medal of Honor as which war game was better. But I guess, in modern times, and with the rising popularity of CS, the studio thought a game about modern warfare was a potential option. Just as a spin-off - they wouldn't want to disappoint their fanbase.

The story takes place in the year 2011, when a radical leader has executed the president of an unnamed country in the Middle East, and an ultranationalist movement starts a civil war in Russia. The conflicts are seen from the perspectives of a U.S. Force Reconnaissance Marine and a British SAS commando, and are set in various place, such as the United Kingdom, the Middle East, Azerbaijan, Russia, and Ukraine. And there's even a mission with the legendary Captain Price.

The game was acclaimed on its release, and everyone went crazy with its modern setting, plot and amazing gameplay. And fun multiplayer. But some people criticized the fact that it had little innovation for the FPS genre. And I agree. Does that make the game worse? Hell no. I think it is the peak of the genre, the best it can offer. This is how to make a FPS. After this one, the series went nuts with more modern shooters, which I think are mostly boring or have nothing new to appeal me. But I'll always love this one, for the all the times I replayed it, over and over.

Genji: Dawn of the Samurai

I love Japanese culture, games, music, and even some of its history. And its games. This is actually the one that started my love for the Sun rising country. And my fav PS2 title.

The story follows the adventures of Minamoto Yoshitsune as he descends from his mountain retreat and eventually embraces a quest to defeat the Taira clan, thereby avenging his father. Early in his journey, he meets the Tamayori clan who are the guardians of the Amahagane – stones of power that allow select individuals to release magical powers known as kamui.

Yoshitsune is your archetypical fast and agile warrior, making up in speed what he lacks in strength. He is able to jump on small platforms (which, if jumped on by Benkei, would collapse). He wields two swords, and can also use his sword to 'hang' onto a ledge before jumping again, allowing him a double jump of sorts.

Benkei is the more powerful but slower character, with greater range than Yoshitsune. He uses a large war club, which can also be used to destroy certain structures and heavy doors in the game.

There are two ways to improve your character: By levelling up normally through defeating foes, or by using Essences of Amahagane to level up certain stats. Both methods are independent of each other. Normal experience can be gained by defeating enemies - the more enemies defeated in a row and the more strikes scored, the higher the experience. Benkei and Yoshitsune share this experience total. Amahagane experience is increased by using three Essences of Amahagane to increase a stat (either health, attack, or defense). This level is independent for both characters.

Yoshitsune and Benkei both have a number of kamui bars under their health bar. The number of kamui bars a character has depends on the number of Amahagane collected in the game. While in battle, the character's kamui bar will build up and the player can release this stored power for devastating attacks which slowly evolve as the story progresses. While in this state, time slows down allowing the player to enter what is essentially a "critical counter hit" mode where each correctly timed button press will defeat a standard foe with relative ease. A player can also use kamui while already in kamui mode. This enhanced kamui causes enemies to move even slower than a single kamui.

All in all, this is terribly addictive - killing hoards of enemies, searching for small items that combined can buy you a special weapon. Gee, it's not even that long if you know what to do. I'd normally beat it and replay it again like 3 or 4 times in a row in a single day. Crazy. There's even a sequel for PS3 (which started the "giant crab enemy" meme :lol) which I should totally play, even if the reviews say it's awful. Aw, just for the ol' times sake.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1237 on: April 24, 2015, 01:56:40 PM »
COD 4MW was as close as you could get to a perfect FPS.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #1238 on: April 24, 2015, 02:14:17 PM »
COD 4MW was as close as you could get to a perfect FPS.

Amen. The time I put into that one... I think I still have the muscle memory to complete the epilogue on Veteran.

Also, the multiplayer is glorious. The moment when I first got a helicopter was awesome.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: The Top 25 Video Games Thread! v. What the hell kind of name is Soap?
« Reply #1239 on: April 25, 2015, 03:17:27 PM »
I've never actually played MW though that'd probably be the one I'd try of the later COD if I ever get around to it. Not a big fan of FPS on dual analog sticks though.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Top 25 Video Games Thread! v. Now you're thinking with portals
« Reply #1240 on: April 28, 2015, 07:13:05 PM »
Don't worry people, I swear I'm gonna finish this... soon  :lol (insert RR emoticon here)

Portal 2

Can you believe this game is four years old now? I remember getting pretty hyped when Gabe Newell announced its released on the 2010 E3 - I loved the first one, so I was worried they would fuck it up. But playing it, all my fears disappeared.

100 years after Portal, Wheatley, a personality module awakens Chell so she can go through tests. But Aperture Sciences is pretty much in an advanced state of abandonment, with nature slowly claiming its place. And they both accidentally reactivate GLaDOS, who recognises her. And as a revenge for her murder, our beloved mute character is forced to do tests for all eternity. But Wheatley has a plan to scape...

I won't tell more of the story, but know it will make you laugh, cry, and yell like duck. At the same time for moments. I have no words for explaining how this is a serious contender for best sequel ever. I've never been a fan of thins kind of "problem-solving" games, but this ain't a normal title - it just uses the puzzles as an excuse for telling one of the most satirical, distorted stories you'll find in a videogame.

But the puzzles aren't bad at all. You have to use every neuron of your brain to solve them - some are pretty obvious, but there are some which makes you experiment with all the possibilities the portals can offer, and exploit them. Prepare to use your coordination.

And a special mention to the voice acting. Stephen Merchant (Wheatley), J. K. Simmons (Cave Johnson), and Ellen McLain (GLaDOS) deserve a medal for their work, and a nomination for Best Acting On Video Games ever, because the dialogues of these 3 characters are what truly bring Portal 2 to life, and they totally nailed it.

And portals are the best weapon. Ever.

BioShock Infinite

As of late, I've been really fascinated by how videogames and stories work together. Some titles have these totally pretentious, nonsensical plots (Fahrenheit); some, like GTA or COD, have a story, but more as an excuse for the gameplay; there are video games that are just about the playability, like most Mario and Sonic titles. But there's a small group which put characters, setting, worldbuilding, and plot as a priority. Most of them are cult games in the gaming community, but are rarely acknowledged outside the more hardcore or passionate circles.

I believe that, along with the Final Fantasy series, the Bioshock trilogy is one of those rare popular
yet totally amazing gems.

Being the final title in a brilliant trilogy, Infinite actually has little and nothing to do with the previous games - some have (mockingly) said that the only thing in common is the title. Fuck these people for complaining about such a minimal detail when the game is superb. And it shares some things, actually: superhuman powers and a city ruled by a tyrant leader. But I'll give them that the plot is totally separated - in fact, it all happens some decades before BioShock 1 and 2.

Set in 1912, former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, has owed debts to the wrong people, and the only way to discharge it is being sent to the floating air city of Columbia to rescue a young woman, Elizabeth, who has been held captive there for most of her life. But they won't let her leave, for she has some supernatural powers that may serve the city's purposes. Who she really is, what's behind the Prophet, and what the hell is going on is just a part of a terribly complex and deep plot.

It's so complex that is ending has driven the internet community nuts with endless theories - although I replayed it 3 times just to understand the story, the ending is still a mystery that Ken Levine might ever reveal. But you know what? To leave an ambiguous final, it was a brilliant move. Not only the game sold 6 million copies, but making players debate about it all over the web just gave it more exposure, and showed that, despite some statistics about just a third of gamers actually finishing their games (in story-driven titles), there were still a lot of people who actually cared about the ending.

Levine is probably my fav game designer, so it made me sad when he closed Irrational Games - I was expecting to work there in some years. But I'm confident his new studio will deliver some amazing, narrative-driven experiences soon.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
Re: The Top 25 Video Games Thread! v. Now you're thinking with portals, DeWitt
« Reply #1241 on: April 28, 2015, 07:15:31 PM »
2 great games. I still prefer the first Bioshock, but this one is still fantastic.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #1242 on: April 28, 2015, 07:21:48 PM »
Never played any Bioshock game, though i should.

As for Portal 2, great puzzle game with excellent voice acting, just like you pointed out.
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
fuck yes BioShock Infinite!!!!!

I love that game, I'm thinking of replaying it again soon.

Offline Cable

« Reply #1244 on: April 28, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »
The posts about Bioshock here made me finally play the 1st and last of this trilogy (wonder if 2k will carry it on- hopefully not).

*** maybe minor spoilers here***

I like an ass knew the stories and twists of both games before I played them. But I totally agree with you ranking Infinite over Bioshock. While Rapture was a cooler concept, and Ryan was a better antagonist & character than Comstock IMO, everything about Infinite was better.  Every other character in Infinite >>> Bioshock's characters. Of course the DLC  & Bioshock2 does different stuff, but I'm just comparing the two games by themselves. Primarily because they seem to be the best, and had Levine's full direction towards them.

The environment execution was better than Bioshock, which was to be expected due to it being created for many years after Bioshock. I really felt like it was the turn of the century in Infinite. And maybe that had a lot to do with the racism and painting of the US as perfect, but everything felt believable and real, like Rapture did in Bioshock. Yet I felt everything was just a little better than Bioshock.

Infinite's twist was ultimately better, because I still question things about it. I am replaying Infinite, not Bioshock. Bioshock's twist is more believable though, and doesn't lead to holes. Someone in this thread mentioned Bioshock loosing steam because it's narrative climax was 2/3rds into the game, where Infinite doesn't have that issue.

The battles and combat, while leave a lot to be desired in where FPS's should be IMO, are epic in Infinite vs. Bioshock. I remember spending more than a half hour on some due to the wide open spaces, which could warrant more to Columbia vs. Rapture. And some of these battles were just against standard goons. Big Daddies were scary, but for some reason their Handymen counterparts freaked me out more. And Songbird remains a mystery that would be even more terrifying to mess with.

I also do not get how these games have almost nothing in common. Besides the obvious for those that played them, SO MUCH is in common I feel. Almost too much, and makes me knock Infinite a touch. The Vending Machines, the recordings, Vigors/Plasmids as you said, gunplay and upgrades, control scheme, lack of true stealth, revival of character. Then the stories- environments and villains, and ways the cities were created. The games basically feel the same to me.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 08:55:23 PM by CableX »
---

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1245 on: April 29, 2015, 06:41:01 AM »
Cable you hit all the points. I played the first BioShock after Infinitie and while it was a great game it just couldn't reach the highs of Infinite.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1246 on: April 29, 2015, 10:05:39 AM »
I played Bioshock and Infinite at the same time of their releases, and while I loved Infinite, nothing was better than the magic of the original. That game had one of the best "Oh my god" moments of any game ever for me.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1247 on: April 29, 2015, 11:08:19 AM »
i dunno, personally I found Bioshock to have a better world and atmosphere, the plot was more basic sure but the plot twist is really great
plus I like the sprawling explory levels more than the linear ones of infinite, too

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1248 on: April 29, 2015, 12:44:42 PM »
i dunno, personally I found Bioshock to have a better world and atmosphere, the plot was more basic sure but the plot twist is really great
plus I like the sprawling explory levels more than the linear ones of infinite, too

This, the first time playing Bioshock, there was a certain feel to it, the whole world was really amazing.  Infinite didnt have that I felt, maybe because of all the light vs. the darkness in the original.  I guess nostalgia also plays into it as to why I like the first one the best.

Offline Cable

« Reply #1249 on: April 29, 2015, 07:31:29 PM »

Bioshock was less linear than Infinite? I always followed the arrow and objectives, but didn't think I could move to several different areas of the city?

I played them out of order too, so I may be biased towards Infinite. I do feel it is a re-treaded sequel to a degree, but that seems to be most of the point. I'm guessing Bioshock felt great in 2007, and fresh. Although not sure how much it is like System Shock 2?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:16:48 PM by CableX »
---

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1250 on: April 30, 2015, 12:00:15 AM »
Bioshock was still completely linear, it just let you go back to levels you'd already completed. There wasn't really any need to though, and almost nobody did it, which was why they scrapped that for Bioshock 2 and Infinite (as it requires a fair amount of additional programming apparently).

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #1251 on: April 30, 2015, 12:05:02 AM »
Portal 2 = best game ever. As you mentioned, the voice acting is really ridiculously amazing.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1252 on: April 30, 2015, 01:48:22 AM »
i mean the level designs themselves

infinite = go forward, go forward some more, a few times maybe it won't be linear
bioshock = there's a lot of areas to explore and the levels aren't laid out like a straight line, the overall game is linear though yes but

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1253 on: April 30, 2015, 02:30:56 AM »
i mean the level designs themselves

infinite = go forward, go forward some more, a few times maybe it won't be linear
bioshock = there's a lot of areas to explore and the levels aren't laid out like a straight line, the overall game is linear though yes but
Ah ok, I haven't played Infinite yet (just getting towards the end of 2) so can't comment on level design.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1254 on: April 30, 2015, 08:31:50 AM »
just getting towards the end of 2
;)

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
We're getting closer...

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

There's something that appeals me about the Metroid games. No, its not Samus. Neither the exploration. Nor the weapons nor the enemies! It's the atmosphere. And the brilliant game design behind it.

The story follows our beloved bounty hunter Samus Aran after she is sent to rescue Galactic Federation Marines from a ship near Aether, a planet inhabited by a race known as the Luminoth. There, she discovers that the troops were slaughtered by the Ing - a race that came from an alternate dimension of Aether. Samus must travel to three temples to ensure the destruction of the Ing, while battling Space Pirates and a mysterious enemy, which could only be seen after finishing Metroid Prime if the player had gathered all the items.

At first, all you can do is explore. Go around, beating some easy enemies - but soon you realize, there are many doors, zones, and even structures that may lead to another places, or to special items that are just imposible to use. From time to time, the inner OS in the suit may scan the surrounding areas and inform you about certain energy read, or signals coming from an unexplored area.

What's fascinating is that unlocking new weapons and upgrades for the suit will not only help you against tough enemies, but unlock new areas to the different maps. Although most of the upgrades are essential to discover new locations, the fact that you want to return to a previous map and explore it all again, just speaks for how brilliant the level design is.

You have to be really aware of your surroundings, as the scanning function will often reveal you hidden objects and passages, while also giving you information of your enemies and the world itself.

I know it can be tough to explain for people who have never tried to play a Metroid game, but trust me, Echoes, with its first-person view, gorgeous graphics, and great tecnho soundtrack bring a unique atmosphere, and make for one of the strongest immersions on any videogame you'll try.

There's a Wii compilation, Metroid Prime Trilogy, which include the two Gamecube games adapted to the Wiimote, plus the third title, Corruption. And it was even re-released for the Wii U store, so you really have no excuses to try one of the very best trilogies in gaming.

Dino Crisis 2

On May 10, 2010, special team TRAT is selected to investigate the disappearance of Edward City and its surrounding countryside. Their mission is to travel through the Time Gate, locate 1300 survivors and collect data on what happened to the Third Energy project. Intelligence operative Regina is brought along as an adviser due to her past experiences. Shortly after arrival by patrol ship, the team's camp is attacked by a large pack of Velociraptors. Dylan, Regina and David are the only ones left alive when suddenly the ground shakes, making the raptors flee. A Tyrannosaurus Rex bursts forth from the jungle to attack the group. David manages to save them with an RPG.

His shot damages the Tyrannosaur's eye, leaving it permanently disfigured. The enraged dinosaur then chases Dylan and Regina off a cliff. Having survived the fall, they argue about how to proceed before going their separate ways. Regina returns to the ship while Dylan heads into the jungle, spotting a mysterious helmeted figure on his way to the military facility...

As you kill dinosaurs in succession, countering attacks and avoiding damage in areas, you can earn "Extinction Points", a form of in-game money that tally up as you move between locations. Throughout the game, there are computer station you can use  that act as a save point where you can save and load games, but also spend Extinction Points on new weapons, upgrades, health packs and ammunition. There are also bandages, used to stem bleeding. This type of injury occurs when you takes damage from certain attacks, and it results in slow draining of the health bar.

There are two forms of weapons in the game, main and sub-weapons; you can only equip one of each at a time. Main weapons provide the most damage and are used for the majority of attacks, for example shotguns, flamethrowers and rifles whereas sub-weapons are used to get past obstacles, like the machete for cutting plant vines and the firewall gun that creates a temporary wall of fire against foes. Over the course of the game, you switch roles between Regina and Dylan; the two have different weapons, making some passages blocked for one but accessible for the other.

There are sections of on-rails shooting, such as a chase where you shoot at dinosaurs that are chasing an automatically driven vehicle and, like the previous Dino Crisis, several puzzles. Throughout the game, you find data files and documents that progress the story and give details of certain areas. Hidden "Dino Files" can also be found; these go into detail about each dinosaur in the game. Upon collecting all the available Dino Files, you're granted unlimited ammunition for weapons on the next play through.

All that text sounded like Wikipedia, right? It's cause I adapted from it :lol. To be brutally honest, I'm not that sure now that I'd love this game as much if I played it today - it's been almost a decade since I last beat it, so had to do some research. It turns out, the plot was more complex than I'd thought, and since it was such an addictive title, I'm really looking forward to giving it another play soon. I don't ask you to like the games of my list, or to even read my boring writeups, but to give some of these, the less-known stuff, a chance. I strongly believe they deserve it.

So, top 5 will start soon. Any guesses? ;D

Offline Cable

Re: The Top 25 Video Games Thread! v. Beam weapons and dinosaurs
« Reply #1256 on: May 01, 2015, 06:52:28 PM »
I have just played MP3, but I reckon it just built upon MP1 & 2.

I love Metroid for similar reasons- the isolated feeling the atmosphere creates is great. I also take Metroid games over Mario & Zelda due to the combination I feel of both.
---

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1257 on: May 01, 2015, 07:15:32 PM »
The Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii is amazing. Interestingly, Prime was the first Metroid game I played all the way through. I didn't have the NES or SNES games, so only played them at friends' houses. The atmosphere and ambiance are amazing (quintuple alliteration). I love how you walk in to a new area, the camera does a quick flyover, and then returns to your viewpoint, and you are left with yourself, wondering what to do, where to go, and what enemies might be lurking around the corner.

Prime is probably still my favorite of the trilogy, since I played it first. And the Phendrana Drifts might be my favorite level of any game of all time.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #1258 on: May 01, 2015, 07:34:08 PM »
Loved the first Prime, looking forward to play Echoes soon. I was gonna ask if it is your favorite of the trilogy but it could be a spoiler.

Ah, Dino Crisis 2 was the very first survival horror game i've ever played, even before any Resident Evil. Good memories of getting bonus points by passing the areas without letting the Dinos hurt your character.
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #1259 on: May 01, 2015, 08:37:35 PM »
I have just played MP3, but I reckon it just built upon MP1 & 2.

I feel that it was the opposite; MP3 took the foundation of the first two games and watered it down into a more action-focused title. I do like the game, mainly for the implentation of Hyper Mode/Corruption, as well as the amazing boss battles (though the ones in 2 were better). But the elements that make Metroid games feel like, well, Metroid games- the feeling of isolation and the non-linear design- were, for the most part, sorely lacking. MP3 is still a good game, but not in the same echelon as the first two.

MP2 will not make my list, as I prefer the first one, but it is almost as great.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.