Author Topic: Old Boots  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Philawallafox

• ManChild
Old Boots
« on: May 21, 2014, 07:22:27 PM »
Hi Guys,

Fairly new to bootlegs, but I've bought as much of the official discography as I can and I love their live shows. So I'm wondering what (Derek Sherinian era especially) are your favourite or are the best boots out there?

Along with that, where and how do I go about attaining these?

Offline wantija

Re: Old Boots
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 02:41:16 AM »
Dimeadozen is a go to place for getting bootlegs, there is also the Dream Theater Hub which has even more than dime. You'll need a torrent client to download them and make sure someone is seeding them or else you won't be able to get them :P

One Sherinian era boot that I love is the 1995-02-11 - Dusseldorf, Germany broadcast due to it's unique setlist. Although my favourite Era for boots would be SDOIT, ToT, 8VM era shows due to their length and how good James sounded at the end of the North American leg of the Octavarium tour (he has a PHENOMENAL performance of Learning to Live during 2006-03-30 Boston, MA show).

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »
Although my favourite Era for boots would be SDOIT, ToT, 8VM era shows due to their length and how good James sounded at the end of the North American leg of the Octavarium tour (he has a PHENOMENAL performance of Learning to Live during 2006-03-30 Boston, MA show).

Yup. I have that Boston Boot and was at the show, and that is literally the best version of Learning to Live I've ever heard.

How difficult is to sign up for the Hub and start finding Boots? I'm looking for Boston/Massachusetts shows from pretty much all eras. I'm not too savvy with computers and downloading, so I'm a little anxious signing up for anything too crazy.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 06:32:06 PM »
I found a Mega collection of Dream Theater bootlegs in lossless from pirate bay, of.. a good majority of soundboard recordings, some above average audience recordings and it has content from every tour. It doesn't include anything from the official series, it's pretty much every unofficial bootleg you could possibly want. It's around 100gb though so make sure you have plenty of bandwidth and hdd space.

It seems to be a case of quantity over quality though as some of the recordings are not worthy. But there's some real cool stuff in there none the less. People could probably recommend some more specific highlights, cause I've listened to so much that I loose track of which ones are better than others, it's also a fairly intimidating list to tred through so you have to be really into DT to explore. Also, no video footage.

https://www.jbboots.de/DreamTheater/DTB.HTM is a great database for reference but you won't find any downloads.

If you want video boots then this is a good place to start: https://www.dreamtheater.cat/index_eng.html
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:39:19 PM by Rodni Demental »

Offline Grizz

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 12:29:07 PM »
How difficult is to sign up for the Hub and start finding Boots? I'm looking for Boston/Massachusetts shows from pretty much all eras. I'm not too savvy with computers and downloading, so I'm a little anxious signing up for anything too crazy.
It's not that hard, just download DC++, read up on how to use it, register for the Dream Theater Hub Forums, read the FAQ section, message The_Hub to get a hub account, download some audio shows, share what you've downloaded, and once you have 5GB available to share, you can download whatever you want on there.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"