Author Topic: New Live Release: BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL discussion thread  (Read 219558 times)

Offline mikeyd23

Re: Upcoming DVD of the Boston Performance (3-25-2014)
« Reply #280 on: August 21, 2014, 11:59:41 AM »
There's something odd going on with the audio for that YT video. The instant gratification MP3 when you pre-order sounds different. More crowd noise (awesome), lower volume guitar, and the (so called) JP flub-up is intact.

Different audio between DVD and CD?

That would be so weird. Isn't that twice the editing effort?

Maybe the pre-order MP3 came from an earlier mix?

Huh, well that's interesting... I usually don't pre-order this kind of thing, but now I'm kind of enticed to, just to compare, haha  :lol

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #281 on: August 21, 2014, 12:02:37 PM »
Oooh maybe they meant to fix the "flub" for the CD but keep it on the DVD since you can see his fingers, but they accidentally reversed it here... Or maybe purposely so when you buy the DVD and CD you'll see it the other way for variation  :lol

Whatever it is, I'd like to see the DVD with the untouched solo so it matches. Maybe/Hopefully that's how it'll be once it comes out.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #282 on: August 21, 2014, 12:22:35 PM »
I may be wrong, kids. Don't make purchasing decisions based off my poor hearing.

I just did my best to sync the video with my MP3 and while I'm willing to stand by the louder crowd noise and lower volume guitar, the guitar solo video still looks off compared to the audio right at the end.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #283 on: August 21, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »
So I'm confused. Can I buy the CD and the DVD? Or do I have to buy the CD with the BR and then get the DVD seperately.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #284 on: August 21, 2014, 12:36:15 PM »
Argh just watched the video. The camera missed my favourite bit (when I saw it live) which is at the start of the 2nd verse and MM is just nailing that cymbal with his right hand superman speed style. You can kinda see it from afar but wouldve liked that close up!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: August 21, 2014, 12:37:44 PM »
Argh just watched the video. The camera missed my favourite bit (when I saw it live) which is at the start of the 2nd verse and MM is just nailing that cymbal with his right hand superman speed style. You can kinda see it from afar but wouldve liked that close up!

I would have liked to see the camera on JM and his bass interlude after the second chorus and just before JPs solo.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #286 on: August 21, 2014, 12:47:16 PM »
... the solo was rerecorded. 3:50 is different from what JP plays.
EDIT: And I actually don't get why. I just listened to the bootleg, and the flub was totally fine.

I just checked the boot too. It sounded fine. I had no idea there was a flub.

Listening to the boot since the show, I have thought that JP was especially dialed in on his solos. I thought the Space Dye Vest was the best one I've heard from the tour. Really precise.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #287 on: August 21, 2014, 12:49:24 PM »
Wow, exciting news for a Thursday!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #288 on: August 21, 2014, 12:49:49 PM »
So I'm confused. Can I buy the CD and the DVD? Or do I have to buy the CD with the BR and then get the DVD seperately.

Yes, you will have to buy the CDS with the BR and get the DVD.  CDs are only inlcuded in the blu ray deluxe package.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's fucked up. If they really want to make it Deluxe, maybe they could include a BR player! :biggrin:

Offline OpenYourEyes311

Yes, you will have to buy the CDS with the BR and get the DVD.  CDs are only inlcuded in the blu ray deluxe package.

For me it's not a problem as I tend to buy all the DVDs/Blurays anyway, but what the hell happened to live albums?? It's pretty dumb that you can't just buy the music for $25, you have to get it in a $50 package. What if you don't have a bluray player? What if you don't watch live DVDs? Why can't I go to the store and buy a three-CD package like I could with Score? (and Luna Park? was that available as an album?). In any case, IMO there should always be the option of just buying the CDs...

Enough ranting though... I am really excited to see this concert again. They were TIGHT this night!
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline dparrott

No track list yet.  Set list?
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
No track list yet.  Set list?

I'm pretty sure it's this:

False Awakening Suite (intro tape)
1. The Enemy Inside
2. The Shattered Fortress
3. On the Backs of Angels
4. The Looking Glass
5. Trial of Tears
6. Enigma Machine (w/ drum solo)
7. Along for the Ride
8. Breaking All Illusions
=======================
Bad Larry cartoon
9. The Mirror
10. Lie
11. Lifting Shadows Off A Dream
12. Scarred
13. Space-Dye Vest
14. Illumination Theory
------------------------------
15. Overture 1928
16. Strange Deja-Vu
17. The Dance of Eternity
18. Finally Free
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
This is a must-buy-release as all DT releases are. The title was suprising! Looks like a standard DT live release, I hope that there is some nice bonus footage. They have at least many screen footage videos, Mika Tyyskä's Enigma Machine video should be there at least!
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
I'm definitely hoping for some behind the scenes footage. I'm always looking forward to seeing that sort of stuff.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
That's fucked up. If they really want to make it Deluxe, maybe they could include a BR player! :biggrin:

You old bastard.

:lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
If ANY of you haven't seen the intro video...

:hefdaddy
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Knguro

Great news for a dontgiveashitThursday.  :metal
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline Riitasointi

If there's any bonus footage, why isn't it mentioned anywhere? I guess it can't be anything big like a documentary then  :-[

In other news, I just realised what an amazing setlist they have on this release! Damn. I'm pretty sure I'll pre-order it at my local record store when it's available.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

For me it's not a problem as I tend to buy all the DVDs/Blurays anyway, but what the hell happened to live albums?? It's pretty dumb that you can't just buy the music for $25, you have to get it in a $50 package. What if you don't have a bluray player? What if you don't watch live DVDs? Why can't I go to the store and buy a three-CD package like I could with Score? (and Luna Park? was that available as an album?). In any case, IMO there should always be the option of just buying the CDs...

Enough ranting though... I am really excited to see this concert again. They were TIGHT this night!

I will assume it is available digitally for people who just want the music and it maximizes profits for people who really want the actual CDs.  Just my guess.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
New Bluray is good news but doesn't that mean the tour is done?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
Seems to me that JP is actually singing in the video. I was right!  :xbones
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline Sir Walrus Cauliflower

Holy :censored, I don't get on DTF for a couple days because of school and this happens. I finally have something else to spend money on! Really loving the trailer so far, and I definitely agree the drum sound is better. Those kicks sound sexy.

I am so excite  :metal :tup :omg: ;D :corn
I feel strangely honored to be following up a post from Sir Walrus Cauliflower.

Offline ImNewDontKillMe

Hey guys, I just tried pre-ordering on roadrunner's store and when I clicked place order it took forever and then it just said your cart is empty. I didn't get a confirmation page or email. Did any of you guys? Also, when I went back to the store it still showed the bundle in my cart, but when I clicked to go back to the cart it said it was empty. Dafuq? If any of you folks could shine some light on this it'd be great. I don't know if my order went through or not.

Offline Daso

• A cultivator of dread
First thing I saw this morning when I woke up (thanks Eren!). I'm so absolutely excited. Really like the sound, especially MM's. A loud, pounding and punching snare and clear cymbal sound for once. Also, LaBrie's performance was flawless here. I reckon it won't be that way the whole show (unless he's overdubbed), but I'm still quite sure he'll be nothing short of excellent. I haven't heard the bootleg and won't hear it now either  :lol I'll keep myself happy with the O2 Apollo one.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #305 on: August 21, 2014, 03:08:03 PM »
*crosses fingers for audio commentary track*

I'm crossing mine too but I'm sure its futile. 

Otherwise, this is great fucking news and I can't wait. 

Offline Lowdz

Prefer the look of this to the Luna Park dvd. Setlist will be infinitely better too.

I can't get used to Glenn Danzig on drums though... :biggrin:

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
Wow, cool! The title is great, the art is great, and the audio on the video sounded better than on LATP. This should be great! FINALLY a good mix/sound of MM's drums!

Offline dparrott

15-18!  :o
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Might just pre-order this to ensure I get it pronto.  Definitely like the camera work on this better than LALP.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
Yikes! The shipping is $15! I think I'll just go to the store and buy it. I'm sure they'll carry the Blu-Ray + 3CD version.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline Dellers

• Funky Norwegian!
I wonder how hard it can be to mix bass? All you need is a DI signal and it can easily sound like a studio recording. Sometimes I think I couldn've done a better job, and certainly with the bass.
https://soundcloud.com/dellers2/jpxi-o
Religious faith can only exist when there is no God, otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to believe.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
I can't get used to Glenn Danzig on drums though... :biggrin:

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Mother!  Do you wanna bang drums with me?!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol :lol