Author Topic: The Discography Discussion Tracker Thread  (Read 193728 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Discography Discussion Tracker Thread
« Reply #455 on: September 29, 2018, 09:58:05 AM »
I'd check it out, I think the discography threads are some of the best content on the forums. I love reading along and listening to the albums.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #456 on: September 29, 2018, 10:11:02 AM »
I'd follow it fiercely.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #457 on: September 29, 2018, 10:20:27 AM »
I lost track of this thread for a while.

TAC: would love either UFO or Alice.  If I had to pick, I'd say...  UFO, but only because the latter day Alice doesn't grab me, though truth be told the latter day UFO doesn't either.   

I'm still game to do the Priest discography, and would tackle a Dio one as well, though I have a couple Dio records I'd have to brush up on.   

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #458 on: November 05, 2018, 06:00:17 PM »
Would love to read a Priest one...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #459 on: December 19, 2018, 04:16:13 AM »
I'll update the OP to include what Kattelox is starting in the core Avantasia discussion thread.

Also... Ruslan.  Any chance you want to pound out The Source to finish off the Ayreon/Arjen discussion?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #460 on: December 19, 2018, 04:57:40 AM »
Thanks fam  :tup
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #461 on: December 19, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »
I'll update the OP to include what Kattelox is starting in the core Avantasia discussion thread.

Also... Ruslan.  Any chance you want to pound out The Source to finish off the Ayreon/Arjen discussion?

I actually wanted to do it when it came out and somehow I kept putting it off and forgot. :lol Sure, I'll do a writeup on holidays.

Edit: or, well, yeah, not on holidays but I'll do it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:40:43 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #462 on: December 27, 2018, 12:09:59 PM »
So, I guess I allegedly was going to start a Neal Morse Discography thread at some point, but life got busy. I'm not sure if anyone would want one at this point, or if I would even be the most qualified to start one, but if there's any interest, I may start some write-ups in my spare time and start it this fall once I've gotten most of my write-ups done ahead of time. I've been spinning a lot of Neal Morse(-related) albums in my commutes lately, so the albums are fairly fresh in my mind and I wouldn't be opposed to doing a discography thread in the coming weeks.

-Marc.

No pressure, but this would be awesome.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #463 on: December 27, 2018, 12:36:29 PM »
Haken is eligible for this now, having reached the five-album threshold.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #464 on: February 09, 2019, 03:00:41 PM »
So, I guess I allegedly was going to start a Neal Morse Discography thread at some point, but life got busy. I'm not sure if anyone would want one at this point, or if I would even be the most qualified to start one, but if there's any interest, I may start some write-ups in my spare time and start it this fall once I've gotten most of my write-ups done ahead of time. I've been spinning a lot of Neal Morse(-related) albums in my commutes lately, so the albums are fairly fresh in my mind and I wouldn't be opposed to doing a discography thread in the coming weeks.

-Marc.

I've thought about it a bit more since seeing you quote my 4-month old post about an idea I had over a year ago... I have been in a very Neal-Morse-mood lately, so I may try doing some write-ups, but I feel the pressure of trying to do something as great as Orbert has for his own discography discussion threads. I really wanted to do a lot more prep-work for mine, like read Neal's Testimony book (which I actually own... I've just never gotten around to reading it), to gain more insight into the history and musical background of the man himself. I'd also like to re-watch any and all DVD documentaries he's release, from his SB days, to the stuff with his solo albums, all the way through TA, FC and NMB. It would be a huge under-taking, but if there's a lot of excitement for it, I will honestly give it a go this year. I may not start it until closer to the summer (when work dies down for me), but that gives me plenty of time (3-4 months) to prep and do what I can to make my write-ups and discussion-primers really good.

If anyone else has been waiting on me for doing this, thank you for your patience. I know there are several others on here who are probably as big, if not bigger fans of Neal than me (looking at you, Kev), who could probably do a discography thread some justice, but if you're willing to wait for me just a bit longer, I'll begin working on one in earnest.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #465 on: March 18, 2019, 07:22:14 AM »

-Marc.

I've thought about it a bit more since seeing you quote my 4-month old post about an idea I had over a year ago... I have been in a very Neal-Morse-mood lately, so I may try doing some write-ups, but I feel the pressure of trying to do something as great as Orbert has for his own discography discussion threads. I really wanted to do a lot more prep-work for mine, like read Neal's Testimony book (which I actually own... I've just never gotten around to reading it), to gain more insight into the history and musical background of the man himself. I'd also like to re-watch any and all DVD documentaries he's release, from his SB days, to the stuff with his solo albums, all the way through TA, FC and NMB. It would be a huge under-taking, but if there's a lot of excitement for it, I will honestly give it a go this year. I may not start it until closer to the summer (when work dies down for me), but that gives me plenty of time (3-4 months) to prep and do what I can to make my write-ups and discussion-primers really good.

If anyone else has been waiting on me for doing this, thank you for your patience. I know there are several others on here who are probably as big, if not bigger fans of Neal than me (looking at you, Kev), who could probably do a discography thread some justice, but if you're willing to wait for me just a bit longer, I'll begin working on one in earnest.

-Marc.

Still no pressure, but this will still be awesome if/when if it ever gets done.  :metal
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #466 on: March 18, 2019, 07:24:23 AM »
Yeah that would be really interesting, since I've only just started listening to his solo stuff.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #467 on: April 08, 2019, 07:47:44 AM »
I really want to go through Rhapsody and/or Stratovarius sometime this year. They're not the most popular around these parts but dang it I have a lot to say about each and every one of their albums.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #468 on: August 22, 2019, 08:43:38 AM »
Since I actually had enough Strato/Rhapsody albums on my top 50 I think I'll abstain from the aforementioned idea for a while  :biggrin: However I am wanting to write about Twilight Force - I might do that soon...

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #469 on: May 24, 2020, 06:45:22 AM »
Chad, if you get a chance, you may wish to add Orbert's new Jethro Tull Discography to the OP. Thanks, mang.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #470 on: May 24, 2020, 03:32:59 PM »
Chad, if you get a chance, you may wish to add Orbert's new Jethro Tull Discography to the OP. Thanks, mang.

Copy that.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #471 on: May 24, 2020, 03:39:20 PM »
Any of the “in progress” ever get completed?  iirc, Ev never did get to The Source. Katt, did you finish Avantasia?

Any Coming soon bastards wanna go?

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #472 on: May 24, 2020, 04:25:14 PM »
Any of the “in progress” ever get completed?  iirc, Ev never did get to The Source.

I really should do it some time tbh, but I also said this like four times already :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline 425

« Reply #473 on: May 25, 2020, 12:12:21 PM »
I'm available if needed to read/edit stuff.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #474 on: June 27, 2020, 08:52:31 PM »
When Orbert finishes his Jethro Tull thread...

..The UFO Discography And Listening Party will commence. Get your stories ready fogeys!

23 studio albums.
Countless live albums
The Michael Schenker Group
Waysted

All covered.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #475 on: June 27, 2020, 08:56:06 PM »
I got no stories, but I’ll try to do a better job following this one. I did spin more than a few of the Riot albums, but fell behind in the discussion. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #476 on: June 27, 2020, 09:09:10 PM »
The UFO thread will be the Riot thread on steroids. So get training!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #477 on: June 29, 2020, 09:14:24 AM »
Any of the “in progress” ever get completed?  iirc, Ev never did get to The Source. Katt, did you finish Avantasia?

Any Coming soon bastards wanna go?

I didn't write up Moonglow because it had just come out (and then I wrote about it for my top 50 albums thread incidentally) but technically yeah.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #478 on: July 27, 2020, 12:21:56 AM »
Just looked at this thread for the first time and saw that a Helloween one from Silent Cody is coming soon!  :rollin  er....I won't hold out for that one.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #479 on: September 06, 2020, 07:08:28 AM »
I updated the OP... scuttling Zappa since it's been 2 years without an update.  Also added TAC/Riot and moved Katt/Avantasia to completed.

Also, I'll give Darkshade and Evermind until the end of the year to revive Pat Methany and Ayreon.

As for the "Coming Soon" list, if anyone that 'signed up' to do these still wants to, then get off ur ass and do so.  Kade... were you serious in your comment to do one for W.A.S.P.?  Didn't someone recently also suggest doing Accept?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #480 on: September 07, 2020, 05:00:10 AM »
I updated the OP... scuttling Zappa since it's been 2 years without an update.  Also added TAC/Riot and moved Katt/Avantasia to completed.

Also, I'll give Darkshade and Evermind until the end of the year to revive Pat Methany and Ayreon.

As for the "Coming Soon" list, if anyone that 'signed up' to do these still wants to, then get off ur ass and do so.  Kade... were you serious in your comment to do one for W.A.S.P.?  Didn't someone recently also suggest doing Accept?

Yeah, I think we were talking next year that I'd be up?  If that's the case I'd serious be keen on doing it.

If not WASP, King Diamond was another I'd be keen on.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #481 on: September 07, 2020, 12:26:12 PM »
Do the King Diamond one!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #482 on: September 07, 2020, 01:29:45 PM »
Do the King Diamond one!

No!  Do W.A.S.P.!!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #483 on: September 20, 2020, 10:23:53 AM »
both!
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #484 on: September 20, 2020, 10:26:55 AM »
Hath, you have been conspicuously absent from the UFO Discography Thread. I know I've seen UFO in your album drops in the Listening Thread.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #485 on: October 29, 2020, 12:47:02 PM »
I realize everyone is flocking to the Rhapsody thread but if it's not too much trouble I would like to begin pontificating on the Rhapsody [of Fire] discography (excluding Luca's solo/side projects, including Luca Turilli's Rhapsody and Turilli/Lione Rhapsody). Even if nobody reads it, I just really really want to write about their albums especially since I'm marathoning their albums currently for the umpteenth time

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #486 on: October 29, 2020, 02:53:44 PM »
I realize everyone is flocking to the Rhapsody thread but if it's not too much trouble I would like to begin pontificating on the Rhapsody [of Fire] discography (excluding Luca's solo/side projects, including Luca Turilli's Rhapsody and Turilli/Lione Rhapsody). Even if nobody reads it, I just really really want to write about their albums especially since I'm marathoning their albums currently for the umpteenth time

#Would(tryto)Follow

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #487 on: October 29, 2020, 06:41:32 PM »

I'd have a crack at following it mate.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #488 on: October 29, 2020, 06:42:30 PM »

You mean you'd show it your ass?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #489 on: October 29, 2020, 06:44:13 PM »

You mean you'd show it your ass?

Depends on the first album or two.  :lol