Author Topic: The Discography Discussion Tracker Thread  (Read 193747 times)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: The Discography Discussion Tracker Thread
« Reply #385 on: January 27, 2016, 02:09:45 PM »
They only had 11 studio albums and one live album during their official run.  Everything else is posthumous.

I'll get on this.

Offline OnTheBacksofAngela

• DTF Enthusiast!
  • :)
« Reply #386 on: January 27, 2016, 02:19:39 PM »
Hi. I was wondering if any of you are interested in greenday?
If there are people who are interested, can you please reply so that I'll know if there are enough people? Thanks.
Glad to be back.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #387 on: January 27, 2016, 07:05:55 PM »
I'll get on this.

I'll be watching.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #388 on: January 31, 2016, 06:31:46 PM »
ASacrificedSon has been added for Opeth.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #389 on: February 19, 2016, 10:38:51 AM »
Hi. I was wondering if any of you are interested in greenday?
If there are people who are interested, can you please reply so that I'll know if there are enough people? Thanks.

Sorry to reply so late (I joined the forum just two weeks ago). I'm not a fan, but when I was 14/15, my best friends listened to a lot of Kerplunk!, Insomniac and Warning:, so I got to know and like a lot of their songs. Nimrod features some cool music too! And I used to play all of American Idiot on guitar with a friend, so I know that album very well.

I'm not too familiar with other albums, though, so to answer your question: yes, I'm interested. :)

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #390 on: February 19, 2016, 12:42:58 PM »
If there's enough interest, I'd be glad to start a thread for Soda Stereo, a band from my country (I talked a bit about them here: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=45968.msg2099969#msg2099969). They have 7 studio albums (and some live stuff and EPs), so it wouldn't be too long. I was in a huge phase in my early teens, so I know their discography inside out.

As their career progressed, their albums sounded extremely different from each other, and they had a vast amount of influences (hard rock, ska, new wave, electronic music, britpop, grunge, funk). I think you might enjoy getting to know them.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #391 on: June 21, 2016, 07:56:13 PM »
Okay folks, I done did it.  I started The Gentle Giant Discography.

I'm not sure how to link to another thread.  This might work.

Cool, it looks like it worked.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2016, 09:40:57 PM »
WOOOOOOHOOOOOO !

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #393 on: June 23, 2016, 02:48:51 AM »
Would anybody be interested in a Toto discography?

If enough people are interested I could try and start one. I don't know all the inside stories but know all their records by heart and could probably give some information at least.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #394 on: June 23, 2016, 02:55:23 AM »
I would follow mate.  Make sure to include all the other albums they have appeared on too ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #395 on: June 23, 2016, 03:07:42 AM »
Toto is a band I don't know much from, but I like what I know. I would definitely follow.

Online Kwyjibo

« Reply #396 on: June 23, 2016, 03:38:16 AM »
I would follow mate.  Make sure to include all the other albums they have appeared on too ;D

That would take up more time than I have, I'm already in my mid-40s.  :biggrin:

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #397 on: June 25, 2016, 02:02:54 PM »
I'd like to start Iron Maiden soon, are these going in a certain order or is it a free for all with who goes next?
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #398 on: June 28, 2016, 05:08:03 PM »
Would anybody be interested in a Toto discography?

If enough people are interested I could try and start one. I don't know all the inside stories but know all their records by heart and could probably give some information at least.

Count me in big time!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Kwyjibo

« Reply #399 on: June 29, 2016, 06:31:14 AM »
Okay, someone (jingle?) can add me for a Toto discography, but it will probably be late summer/early fall before I can begin.

Do I just start when I feel like it (and not too many other disco-threads are running), or is there some kind of order?

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #400 on: June 29, 2016, 06:34:14 AM »
I should say that A7X can be removed from the 'currently running' list. Angela talked me into collaborating with her on this, she would lay down the basics and I would fill in the blanks but she completely abandoned this website shortly after and there wasn't really anyone interested in it anyway apart from maybe one or two people, which was my main reason not to do one in the first place.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #401 on: June 29, 2016, 08:52:47 AM »
I should say that A7X can be removed from the 'currently running' list. Angela talked me into collaborating with her on this, she would lay down the basics and I would fill in the blanks but she completely abandoned this website shortly after and there wasn't really anyone interested in it anyway apart from maybe one or two people, which was my main reason not to do one in the first place.
Deleted.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: August 23, 2016, 10:57:21 AM »
Alright, so as some of you guys know already, I'm planning to run a big Arjen Lucassen-related Survivor in Polls / Survivors section in 2017, which will include all Ayreon albums and most of his side project albums (not counting the various spin-off survivors and some other content I'll need to check with mods about before I'm going to get into details). I'm laying the schedule for it right now and it looks like it will take the whole year with threads popping up on daily basis.

The thing is, 2017 is more than four months away, and I'd like to get as many people as I can on board, so it seems reasonable to run Ayreon and Arjen Lucassen-related projects Discography Thread to maybe get some people into Arjen's music, nudge people into discovering some Arjen albums they've never bothered with or just to enjoy relistening to some great records Arjen has put out over the years. And after it's done, maybe I'll get more people in the P/S section for the survivor thing. Or maybe not, but it's worth it in any case.

I've checked with Chad about this (since he called dibs on Arjen's discography thread earlier) and he gave me a green light. I'll need about two weeks to prepare enough material so that I don't fall behind but manage to maintain decent pace instead. With more or less one album a week schedule, I'm planning to finish this right before Christmas.

Is there enough interest in this?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 12:40:15 PM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #403 on: August 23, 2016, 11:04:46 AM »
So much yes! I wanted to check other Ayreon albums and Arjen's projects since forever but I couldn't make myself to do it :P Right now I know only The Human Equation and The Diary. I think I listened to The Theory of Everything and Space Metal once and 01011001 few times (about 5 years ago, I think :D).
Also, you should link or copy your post in Arjen Thread, not many people open this thread (I wouldn't if I didn't see it was last post in GMD)
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #404 on: August 23, 2016, 11:18:04 AM »
So much yes! I wanted to check other Ayreon albums and Arjen's projects since forever but I couldn't make myself to do it :P Right now I know only The Human Equation and The Diary. I think I listened to The Theory of Everything and Space Metal once and 01011001 few times (about 5 years ago, I think :D).
Also, you should link or copy your post in Arjen Thread, not many people open this thread (I wouldn't if I didn't see it was last post in GMD)

Thank you and done.

I've found these threads really help to get you into the band / artist if you have some time each week to listen to the respective album and if you have enough dedication. I've followed Anathema Discography thread and really enjoyed it, not to mention discovered some great albums along the way.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #405 on: August 23, 2016, 02:50:45 PM »
That'd be great, Ruslan. I'm not really familiar with any of it, save for J Boy's Planet Of The Apes song.
I'll try and follow along as best as I can.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #406 on: August 23, 2016, 05:47:32 PM »
Can someone change mine to Marillion? Thanks.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #407 on: August 23, 2016, 10:43:37 PM »
I will participate in the Ayreon discography.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #408 on: August 24, 2016, 02:19:17 AM »
Awesome, I'll read the Ayreon discography with interest and participate info where I can.  :hefdaddy
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #409 on: August 25, 2016, 02:03:52 AM »
Between this and official Arjen's thread, looks like there is indeed enough interest. As I said, I need some time to prepare and do a few writeups in advance so I won't fall behind the schedule later. With that, I think we'll begin September 5th, give or take.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: September 12, 2016, 11:04:50 AM »
Not exactly the September 5th, but everything is ready and set and the thread is up:

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=48422.0

The first writeup is going live in an hour or two.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #411 on: September 12, 2016, 11:35:21 AM »
Well, we've kinda discussed this through PM shortly and I still wouldn't be able to tell you what a single song sounds like apart from "Betrayed" (the one Parama sent me) but the magnitude of this whole Ayreon project has got me intrigued and I might join the ride somewhere along the way.

On another note, I just decided I want to do a discography discussion thread for Novembre. Would fire it up a few months from now (maybe in November? :lol) if there's a spot left.

I'd like to know if anyone would be interested in this, regardless of whether they're familiar with the band. I know one or two DTF members who are into this band but haven't fully explored them, but I feel like a lot of you would like some of their output and could use this thread to check them out. I don't want to do a discog thread for only one or two people.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:41:51 AM by Train of Naught »
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: September 12, 2016, 11:53:41 AM »
Well, we've kinda discussed this through PM shortly and I still wouldn't be able to tell you what a single song sounds like apart from "Betrayed" (the one Parama sent me) but the magnitude of this whole Ayreon project has got me intrigued and I might join the ride somewhere along the way.

Yeah. The song is called Betrayal, by the way (or even Day Fifteen: Betrayal if you want to get all technical) :P

You can also just read the plot sections and joke about them without doing any actual listening, so there's that.

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
« Reply #413 on: September 27, 2016, 04:29:42 PM »
Would anyone be interested in Opeth Discography? I'm already running a survivor for them, so why not the discog?

If not, Metallica or Between the Buried and Me?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:37:08 PM by Scar »
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #414 on: September 27, 2016, 04:34:54 PM »
Didn't you already have an Opeth Discography thread from like a few months ago?

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
« Reply #415 on: November 16, 2016, 11:53:46 AM »
I guess I'll get started with the Opeth discography for real and hopefully many of you are interested in joining. If we have time, and you are willing, we can host this on plug.dj just like Evermind is doing it. I'll be sure to finish this and will have the introduction updated this week.

If there is enough interest.

If this is illegal, than I'll stop it until approval.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 06:22:28 PM by Scar »
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #416 on: November 17, 2016, 12:55:33 AM »
I like the plug.dj listening sessions and I like Opeth so I'm in  :metal

Offline darkshade

« Reply #417 on: April 23, 2017, 04:41:59 PM »
So I've been doing the Pat Metheny discography thread. I did not see this thread, I should pay more attention to the sticky threads.  :facepalm:

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #418 on: April 24, 2017, 02:36:22 PM »
I think Hef is following your discography, maybe you can ask him to put you on the OP list.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #419 on: June 07, 2017, 06:48:41 PM »
Ok... since Hef gave up trying to track this in my absence, I've cleaned it up a little - I think/hope accurately.  I believe that the Zappa one is still progressing, but Opeth seems to have died a second time.

If I've messed up or missed any from the last 12 months or so, feel free to point it out.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion