Author Topic: New and Improved Top 50/100/whatever lists thread v3  (Read 8691 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: New and Improved Top 50/100/whatever lists thread v3
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2023, 07:43:07 AM »
Posted some updates...
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2023, 07:38:21 AM »
Ok, I was going to make this announcement shortly after new year's, but the top 10 thread showing up out of nowhere forced my hand.  The original plan was to start this in the fall, but so many other projects emerging made it seem wiser to hold off.  Well, things will start slowing down quite soon after new year's and the Katatonia discography thread finishes, so I'm finally going to start doing my inaugural top "50" albums list in the next week or two. 

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2023, 07:45:31 AM »
Oh sweet! I'll be following Litho!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2023, 07:53:08 AM »
:giggity:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2023, 01:42:52 PM »
Ok, I was going to make this announcement shortly after new year's, but the top 10 thread showing up out of nowhere forced my hand.  The original plan was to start this in the fall, but so many other projects emerging made it seem wiser to hold off.  Well, things will start slowing down quite soon after new year's and the Katatonia discography thread finishes, so I'm finally going to start doing my inaugural top "50" albums list in the next week or two.

Wait...there's more??

Also, looking forward to the 50 Albums No One's Ever Heard Of Countdown.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2023, 01:58:08 PM »
One more...

But there will probably be more albums people know than some might expect.  And at this point there will be a bunch that at least some people will have heard something about/something from compared to if I'd done this right after rejoining a couple years ago. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 02:06:04 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2023, 08:28:28 AM »

Looking forward to it, dude. I've been thinking about finally doing my own this coming year.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2023, 09:26:28 AM »
quite curious about your top 50 Litho. I can only imagine the write-ups will be extensive. I once tried doing those sort of things in my blog (and in the top 50 thread I made on here, from memory), and maybe did 20 of them, and then got burnt out.

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2023, 10:06:28 AM »

Looking forward to it, dude. I've been thinking about finally doing my own this coming year.

Yeah, I noticed back around the time of your roulette that you had a top 50 albums thread, which is listed as "completed", but it doesn't look like you were actually anywhere near being finished. 

quite curious about your top 50 Litho. I can only imagine the write-ups will be extensive. I once tried doing those sort of things in my blog (and in the top 50 thread I made on here, from memory), and maybe did 20 of them, and then got burnt out.

I'm trying to not put any specific expectations on how much I write for each.  The initial plan is actually to write a bit less than in my roulette writeups, but as I relisten and research each album again I might not be able to hold myself back (particularly since I'm doing them one at a time (with some early twists) every few days, rather than having to think about 19 at once over the span of a couple weeks). 

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2023, 10:18:44 AM »

Yeah, I noticed back around the time of your roulette that you had a top 50 albums thread, which is listed as "completed", but it doesn't look like you were actually anywhere near being finished. 

Oh yea, I definitely didn't finish it. I don't think I even got out of the 40s!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2024, 08:01:23 PM »
One more...

But there will probably be more albums people know than some might expect.  And at this point there will be a bunch that at least some people will have heard something about/something from compared to if I'd done this right after rejoining a couple years ago.

Looking forward to it mate.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2024, 08:02:18 PM »

King Lizard has 50 albums??

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2024, 08:58:56 PM »

King Lizard has 50 albums??

They have 25, so they're half way there. Give it a few more years.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2024, 02:49:45 AM »
25!?  Wow!

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2024, 04:29:07 AM »
25!?  Wow!

Well, including live albums and demo compilations they are actually up to 47 releases :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2024, 04:55:23 PM »
25!?  Wow!

Well, including live albums and demo compilations they are actually up to 47 releases :lol

Just wait one more year and your top 50 is set mate!  ;D

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2024, 05:09:36 PM »
25!?  Wow!

In Gizz world it is very realistic that three albums could drop in the next 30 days. It's happened before, and will happen again.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2024, 05:38:46 PM »
25!?  Wow!

In Gizz world it is very realistic that three albums could drop in the next 30 days. It's happened before, and will happen again.

My intrigue in this band continues to grow.

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2024, 06:17:47 PM »
25!?  Wow!

How? Just really inspired?

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2024, 06:25:27 PM »
No filter.   :biggrin:

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2024, 10:13:06 PM »
25!?  Wow!

Wait until you listen to them!  That'll kill your intrigue.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2024, 11:51:38 PM »
25!?  Wow!

They are super prolific in part because main songwriter Stu is just constantly writing and self produces all of their music. Also, as a band with 6 members, they also happen to be a band with influences of all types and most of the members (all except Lucas I think) contribute or fully write songs.

Due to the fact they are also working on multiple albums at a time and all seem to work with the same mindset, and no genre is "off the table", they really churn out so much music.

Lastly they seem to do a great job of putting out their own live bootlegs. These never get stale, as they pretty much change up their sets every single night and jam out their songs live, meaning no two live releases are the same.

For me they are so unique and the most exciting band in the world right now. You really don't know what you are going to get next, and I LOVE that.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2024, 12:50:21 AM »
25!?  Wow!

They are super prolific in part because main songwriter Stu is just constantly writing and self produces all of their music. Also, as a band with 6 members, they also happen to be a band with influences of all types and most of the members (all except Lucas I think) contribute or fully write songs.

Due to the fact they are also working on multiple albums at a time and all seem to work with the same mindset, and no genre is "off the table", they really churn out so much music.

Lastly they seem to do a great job of putting out their own live bootlegs. These never get stale, as they pretty much change up their sets every single night and jam out their songs live, meaning no two live releases are the same.

For me they are so unique and the most exciting band in the world right now. You really don't know what you are going to get next, and I LOVE that.
It may be time to dive into Bull of Heaven for you then. There's no band more prolific than Bull of Heaven. I mean, you have their Aleph series of albums (12 albums) which total up to 135 days of music. Then you have their album Like a Wall in Which an Insect Lives and Gnaws, which clocks in at 1 year 12 days and 11 hours long. Not to mention the lcm series of albums that total up to around 8 septillion years long. Then you still have another 400 albums and 55 EPs.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2024, 02:21:31 AM »
25!?  Wow!

Wait until you listen to them!  That'll kill your intrigue.

I will.....when Luke sends them in round 1.

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2024, 06:06:32 AM »
25!?  Wow!

That's awesome. I always dreamed of writing a ton of music like that when I was in my 20s.

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2024, 06:08:40 AM »
It may be time to dive into Bull of Heaven for you then. There's no band more prolific than Bull of Heaven. I mean, you have their Aleph series of albums (12 albums) which total up to 135 days of music. Then you have their album Like a Wall in Which an Insect Lives and Gnaws, which clocks in at 1 year 12 days and 11 hours long. Not to mention the lcm series of albums that total up to around 8 septillion years long. Then you still have another 400 albums and 55 EPs.

Is that a typo? That is 3,240 hours of music.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2024, 09:45:26 AM »

Is that a typo? That is 3,240 hours of music.
No, that's correct. Although I use the term music kind of loosely.  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2024, 07:51:57 PM »

Yeah, so for a litany of reasons that week or two turned into a month or two.  It's looking like I'll be launching in the next few days now though, possibly tomorrow.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2024, 08:17:42 PM »

Yeah, so for a litany of reasons that week or two turned into a month or two.  It's looking like I'll be launching in the next few days now though, possibly tomorrow.

will definitely be following.

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2024, 08:45:09 PM »

will definitely be following.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2024, 03:02:32 AM »

Nice!  :metal

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2024, 04:21:47 AM »

#Giggity