Author Topic: Hannibal Lector's Couch - TV Series and Mythos Discussion *IT'S RAINING SPOILERS  (Read 14339 times)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Cancelled at the end of this season apparently.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hannibal-canceled-at-nbc-804239

well..that sucks. No mention of interest from any other source either. I was under the impression that NETFLIX was just waiting for this to be cancelled to scoop it up...don't recall why I thought that?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
I'm assuming Netflix will pick it up.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Excerpt from article on Buzzfeed:

"NBC has been a wonderful home for three seasons of Hannibal, and we still have 10 mind-blowing episodes taking Hannibal and Will into uncharted terrain," wrote De Laurentiis. "We believe that after they air, audiences' hunger for the fourth chapter of this saga will be incredible, and are presently exploring other distribution options with our creative team and our partners at Gaumont Television."

So, the door is still open for the story to continue.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
I hope it will survive somehow, it would be total ball suckage if it didn't. I thing Netflix would be great for it, and they seem to have less restrictions than NBC had, so that's the option I'm hoping for. I also heard Amazon might be interested, but I don't know much about them.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I also heard Amazon might be interested, but I don't know much about them.

There like this really big rain forest in South America.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
It all makes sense now.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
A lot of producers have said they are looking for a new home for their show when it gets cancelled, but how many actually make the move to a new network? I'm not holding my breath.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
A lot of producers have said they are looking for a new home for their show when it gets cancelled, but how many actually make the move to a new network? I'm not holding my breath.

In any other instance I'd be the same....but this series has been critically acclaimed and has peeked the interest of many industry folk...and the rumor of other Networks being interested in it should it ever be cancelled has been persistent since the first season really. i think if any show had a shot of pulling it off...it'd be this one.

It all makes sense now.

:fistpump:       I love making sense outa stuff.....

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Seasons 1 & 2 are streaming on Amazon, so that makes more sense than Netflix.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Seasons 1 & 2 are streaming on Amazon, so that makes more sense than Netflix.

Yeah...it would then, wouldn't it? They'd seem to have more to gain. Does Amazon have many series they've produced themselves? All I hear about is NETFLIX producing all these new series.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Yeah, Amazon does some, and will be doing more in the future AFAIK.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Best episode of the season so far.

Even though I really don't like the movie Hannibal, regardless I am wildly fascinated by the Mason Verger character. He's the missing flavor that this season was so much requiring.

And Good on the show for doing its homework

All the meds are indeed the real life meds. Good on them for putting effort into preparing a 1 second shot. 

The Toxicology report would have seen that he intentionally overdosed her, but having so many connections he probably was able to avoid that. Or maybe he didn't do it, but that's kind of how I saw it.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
It actually bothered me to learn that Alana survived. That means that all the main characters survived the season 2 finale, which really retroactively bogged down that episode. I get that it still had consequences, and everyone's changed and stuff, but it's still a bit disappointing to learn that one of your favorite episodes in TV history was pretty much a triple fake-out.

Otherwise the episode was good. I'm not a big fan of flashbacks when they're used like this though, so this wasn't my favorite.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise

I also am not a big fan of the flashbacks. I hope that starting next week, they leave it behind, and get things going with the current story only. And I'm having trouble figuring what the hell is even going on.

First, Will's in Europe, then he's at the lector estate, presumably tracking hannibal, nows he's back home and then at the end of the episode he's sailing, which leads me to believe he's getting ready to retire to florida. (but with hannibal on the lose?)

What the hell is going on.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
It actually bothered me to learn that Alana survived. ......... and everyone's changed and stuff

I used to like her character, and I can't remember the reason she said her personality would change.....marrow in her blood?...anyway, she was extremely annoying to me for some reason in this episode. I think it's because she's suddenly this sinister revenge seeker whereas she's never been presented like that before. It bugs me.

I agree with the fact they've all survived. Alana would have been the simplest and cleanest character to kill off with little or no detriment to the show.

I also am not a big fan of the flashbacks. I hope that starting next week, they leave it behind, and get things going with the current story only. And I'm having trouble figuring what the hell is even going on.

First, Will's in Europe, then he's at the lector estate, presumably tracking hannibal, nows he's back home and then at the end of the episode he's sailing, which leads me to believe he's getting ready to retire to florida. (but with hannibal on the lose?)

What the hell is going on.

My take was all of the last episode took place prior to Will going to Europe....which I guess he sailed to? I thought the whole episode was a flashback and happenings of the 8 months before Will wound up in Europe.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
lol, when I saw the boat, that's what I thought too. Like... is this dude sailing to Europe? Will the sailor  :yarr
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:08:27 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
I'm a little sick of the flashbacks at this point as well. I know they're doing it to tie in all of the characters but it seems like they're a little too giddy about how well received the last episode of last season was so they're milking the shit out of it.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Last night's episode was fantastic.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Last night's episode was fantastic.

Such a sweet episode. That final showdown between Jack and Hannibal was pretty cool....starting with Jack looking up at Hannibal in the open window then ending the exact opposite.

I was never a huge fan of Lana but even more so this season. Just not convinced of the 180 her character has taken. I know she suffered a traumatic experience but to lose all compassion....especially the amount she had shown....I'm just not buying it.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
I thought that wold jarr me, but it actually hasn't. I have found myself actually going along with it and finding that turn quite enjoyable.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Damn. Last night's episode was intense!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Comic con sneak preview of the Red Dragon. Mother of god  :hefdaddy

https://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/11/hannibal-red-dragon-comic-con-2015-video

This is exactly what I want

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm wondering if Hannibal made the decision to eat a Will after Will tried to kill him or if he was going to eat him all along? I'm thinking he was going to eat him all along.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Yeah I think so too.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Can't say I'm surprised....but NBC effective immediately has moved Hannibal to Saturday nights.....

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/nbc-dumps-hannibal-aquarius-saturdays-215312870.html

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Last night was not only the best episode of this season, but one of the best of the entire show.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Last night's episode was really good. Can't wait to see the Red Dragon story arc

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Last night was not only the best episode of this season, but one of the best of the entire show.

Last night's episode was really good. Can't wait to see the Red Dragon story arc

It'll be a travesty of storytelling and television if this show isn't picked up by another network/station. It's so good right now.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
^^^

I totally agree. The show has finally blossomed into what I wanted it to be from the very beginning and now its going away. Oh well, I shall savor these last episodes.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Mads Mikkelsen IS Hannibal...period, paragraph...end. Hopkins did a good job in Silence of the Lambs, but what Mikkelsen has turned that character into is nothing short of extraordinary (theatrically speaking) When they were having dinner discussing how he'd be eaten and prepared and the look on his face...knowing that it was never going to happen....that was awesome.

So many moments in this series where he has owned the episode...such fun to watch.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Yeah, Mikkelsen is amazing. I like Hopkins as much as anyone, but Mads is just owning it.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
Do you think Will figured out that Hannibal would continue his reign of terror with the assumption that Will was in tow always looking for him and teetering on the edge of joining him, prompting him to tell Hannibal he was 'done' with the chase? Or, do you think he was just so weak and exhausted and realized that he'd never 'catch' Hannibal...that Hannibal would always remain several steps ahead in the game and it was a losing cause...so he just threw in the towel. Not expecting Hannibal to surrender given Will had abandoned him?

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
I don't know if Will has actually let him go, but I do think he genuinely wants to, or at least wants to want to. And he knows why he wants it, he doesn't "have [Hannibal's] appetite", he isn't as much of a monster.

I really don't know though, I'm just improvising.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
It just seemed to me like it was Will admitting to Hannibal (and himself) that in essence he can't compete with Hannibal. Hannibal is just too much of a force...a genuine specimen and no matter how badly Will wanted to beat him at his own game I think he realized that there is no possible way anyone can beat Hannibal (hence maybe the appetite comment?) Along with Alana asking Hannibal if she ever could have understood him and him giving her (what appeared to be) a sympathetic yet caring NO....it seemed this episode served to clarify that Hannibal is indeed in a class of his own and that if it weren't for him deciding to surrender he'd likely have never been caught.