Poll

Which vocalist do you prefer?

Roberto Messina
0 (0%)
Fabio Lione
6 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Prog/Metal Vocal Showdown #13: Messina vs Lione  (Read 423 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Prog/Metal Vocal Showdown #13: Messina vs Lione
« on: May 03, 2014, 05:50:52 AM »
Italian based prog and/or power metal.  How can you go wrong?  The list is huge, and here's a couple of voices/bands that stand out for those that are fans of the power metal genre.  Lione is probably the torch bearer for power metal out of Italy - Rhapsody (of and not of Fire), Labyrinth and now Vision Divine... three smokin power metal bands (think I may go pop in Destination Set to Nowhere).  Not to mention he's stepped in to fill in live vocal duties for Kamelot and Angra.

Messina's name may not be as well known, but by god does Secret Sphere have some really good albums.

Samples:

Vision Divine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTE7yCSh8Aw
Secret Sphere - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKvgwuFIOsM

I know there's gonna be only a little bit of participation here, but let's see what happens.

I'm going with Lione, and I suspect it'll be a landslide just because he's more known.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Prog/Metal Vocal Showdown #13: Messina vs Lione
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 12:01:01 AM »
Don't want to leave you hanging; but this one is a who da faq for me. I tried rhapsody once and didn't think much of them.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 04:00:39 AM »
Familiar with both but Lione has got this.  Love his work on the last Vision Divine album too.  Hoping for a Angra studio album with him too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 08:29:48 AM »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 08:39:36 AM »
Fabio Leone's amazing. With Rhapsody I was drawn in by the over the top and stayed for his vocals.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.