Author Topic: Best first albums by bands/artists  (Read 3067 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Best first albums by bands/artists
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2022, 08:26:48 PM »
What's the shortest KISS album? That's my favorite.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2022, 08:54:59 PM »
Rock and Roll Over for me. Everything I love about KISS.

I had no idea. That's a really good album, and one of my favorite album covers by them.

I love I Want You and Hard Luck Woman.

I remember being so crazy to hear, "I Want You" on the HINS tour . 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2022, 10:24:47 PM »
Listening to the new Primus EP made me think of this thread. Some obvious ones have been posted already.

Boston
Rage Against The Machine
Pearl Jam
Primus
The Black Crowes
Journey (Yes, I'm alone on this one)

I'm tempted to say:

ELP
Galactic Cowboys

Not much else stuck out to me. I tried to look at artists with at least 3 albums to make it more difficult

And because it can never be said enough, Aja is Steely Dan's best album. Always and forever. Seeing that performed in its entirety was one of the best shows I have ever been to.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 10:37:07 PM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2022, 07:38:17 AM »

And because it can never be said enough, Aja is Steely Dan's best album. Always and forever. Seeing that performed in its entirety was one of the best shows I have ever been to.

Hell yeah!  I remember a cousin playing that album for me for the first time in the summer of '92.  That got the "holy crap, this is incredible" reaction out of me, similar to how I reacted the first time I heard Leftoverture (Kansas) and Stupid Dream (Porcupine Tree).   My favorite song by Steely Dan is and will always be Do It Again, but as far as full albums do, Aja is where it's at.  :tup :tup

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2022, 05:52:53 AM »
Rock and Roll Over for me. Everything I love about KISS.

Also a top three Kiss album (Creatures is the third).   "Love 'Em, Leave 'Em", "Makin' Love"...  that might be the last Kiss album Peter is still bringing it.

Offline WardySI

« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2022, 11:18:07 AM »
Not sure why I didn't think of it already but did anyone mention the debut BADLANDS album?  Huge album and an album I never quite manage squeeze into my own Top10 albeit always close (give a few more years and who knows right?)...

But definetely fits into this thread.  I know there's quite a number of folks who prefer the sophomore Voodoo Highway but as fun as it was I never warmed to that one anywhere near the likes of the debut which really was an absolute classic no?

:metal

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2022, 07:40:11 PM »
Living Colour - Vivid
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...