Author Topic: Fargo- TV Series  (Read 13333 times)

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
Re: Fargo- TV Series
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2017, 12:35:55 AM »
Yeah, another awesome season is done. 'You don't remember me, do you?'  :tup
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2018, 02:34:06 PM »
🚨 Chris Rock is joining FX's hit show #Fargo for Season 4. The new season will move out of Minnesota to 1950s Kansas City where Rock will play the head of a major crime syndicate. 🚨 https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/status/1025441826222747653/photo/1

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2019, 04:02:39 PM »
Just got into this. Watched the movie, followed by the pilot. The next day I watched the second and third episodes.
The show is way more entertaining than the movie IMO.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2019, 07:35:59 PM »
Just got into this. Watched the movie, followed by the pilot. The next day I watched the second and third episodes.
The show is way more entertaining than the movie IMO.

I've been waiting for the next season way too long

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2019, 01:02:10 AM »
Season 1 was a blast through and through! Malvo  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2019, 09:08:04 AM »
Oh I forgot about this show. Season 1 is one of the season's of TV ever. Season 2 was also good but not as good as 1. Still need to watch 3.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2019, 10:21:53 AM »
On episode 5 so far, pretty good.
I find myself rooting for Lester Nygaard, I don't want him to get caught, the show went a tad too long in making me sympathize with him that I find it irreversible now. I don't want Molly to succeed in her investigation but the show's direction wants you to want her to succeed.
I like how they tied in the movie with the show by having the super market king find the money that Carl buried in the snow, nice touch.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2019, 11:52:47 AM »
Yeah, Lester is meant to be a sympathetic loser, you kinda have to feel for him, plus it's Bilbo, you kinda have to root for him  ;D

But see how it plays out, some opinions on the characters might change in the latter episodes.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2019, 09:03:20 PM »
Well shit, the one year time jump was an unexpected twist!
Just finished episode 8, I was starting to question my own morality as I'm still rooting for Lester to make it, even after he framed his brother the way he did. But come to think about it a little bit; we all like seeing assholes suffer and injustice is sometimes sweet when it falls about upon dipshits. And so far Lester has only destroyed assholes and dipshits, well he did fuck over his nephew and sister-in-law by taking away their provider and ruining their family life. But basically I'm rooting for him because his brother and wife were mean assholes, although in real life; being an asshole shouldn't get you killed or sent to prison for life, but it is sweet when it happens. Like, I wouldn't care if Dave Mustaine or Sylvester Stallone got framed and went to jail, for example  :lol
Anyway, love the show so far. But if Lorne wasn't the sloppiest assassin ever portrayed on screen, ridiculously lucky but it's all forgiven cause he's so cool heh

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2019, 02:09:59 AM »
Keep watching  ;)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2019, 09:16:53 PM »
Well episode 9 turned me against Lester pretty quick heh, dude is pure evil now, but he's still a coward, that's the worst kinda evil.
Took me 9 episodes to realize Molly's dad is Wild Bill from Deadwood, MirrorMask you've watched this before Deadwood, did you realize it was him when you started watching Deadwood?

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2019, 09:20:54 PM »
 :corn

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2019, 01:08:16 AM »
Well episode 9 turned me against Lester pretty quick heh, dude is pure evil now, but he's still a coward, that's the worst kinda evil.
Took me 9 episodes to realize Molly's dad is Wild Bill from Deadwood, MirrorMask you've watched this before Deadwood, did you realize it was him when you started watching Deadwood?

I didn't realize it immediately, with all the heavy "makeup" (the outfit, the long hair, the mustaches), but it didn't take me too long to realize it was him. And I've already seen him in Dexter anyway  :D

Back to Fargo, now you can understand while I was telling "keep watching". Lester sending his sweet wife to her death just to cover his ass in case Malvo was there was unforgivable.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2019, 08:33:20 AM »
I didn't realize it immediately, with all the heavy "makeup" (the outfit, the long hair, the mustaches), but it didn't take me too long to realize it was him. And I've already seen him in Dexter anyway  :D

I never saw Dexter. His voice is the biggest telltale, I knew I've seen him before but I didn't wanna look it up. I failed my own test heh

Back to Fargo, now you can understand while I was telling "keep watching". Lester sending his sweet wife to her death just to cover his ass in case Malvo was there was unforgivable.

Definitely.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2019, 04:02:32 PM »
Thought the finale was underwhelming. Overall it was a fun season though!
Two things:
1. What happened to the deaf guy who looked hellbent on getting revenge for his partner's death? Malvo gave him the keys to his cuffs at the hospital and we never saw him again, so what was the point of that scene? I think we would have been better off leaving him for the last time when Molly gave him the "And for what?" speech.
2. I don't get the super market king plotline, as far as I understand it was all done to 1- Make a cool link with the movie. 2- Create the visuals and the dramatic effect of the biblical story. And I didn't find the latter that amusing.

I get that Gus killing Malvo, especially the way he did, was sort of subversion to the audience expectations. I think Malvo and Lester should have killed each other in that confrontation at Lester's house, felt better climax for both their characters.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2019, 04:08:17 PM »
I personally love Lester falling through the ice

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2019, 01:30:40 AM »
1. What happened to the deaf guy who looked hellbent on getting revenge for his partner's death? Malvo gave him the keys to his cuffs at the hospital and we never saw him again, so what was the point of that scene? I think we would have been better off leaving him for the last time when Molly gave him the "And for what?" speech.

Open ending for a future return of the character I guess.

2. I don't get the super market king plotline, as far as I understand it was all done to 1- Make a cool link with the movie. 2- Create the visuals and the dramatic effect of the biblical story. And I didn't find the latter that amusing.

I guess that's basically it. Cool story and cool visuals.

I get that Gus killing Malvo, especially the way he did, was sort of subversion to the audience expectations. I think Malvo and Lester should have killed each other in that confrontation at Lester's house, felt better climax for both their characters.

Lester deserved to be outed and have a miserable death. Yeah, I won't disagree about him and Malvo offing each other, that would have been cool, but I'm glad it happened the way it did.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2019, 12:36:08 PM »
Finished season 2 a couple of days ago, I enjoyed it very much.
I'm not sure how I feel about the UFO deal, and I don't mean "I'm not sure about.." like in the way sassy folks say it when they really mean they didn't like something, I actually don't know how to feel about it. I froze when it happened, stopped chewing my sandwich for a good while :lol, but I can't for the life of me tell if I liked it or hated it. It was the ultimate deus ex machina, but with a wink-wink that made me feel like I'm in on it, possibly due to all the alien references that persisted throughout the season.
Mike Milligan ending up with a desk job after proclaiming himself king was priceless  :lol
The whole cast was amazing, even Kristen Dunst! which I wouldn't have believed that I'd say that about her. Hell Ted Danson fuckin killed it!
Gonna try to give it a week or two before season 3.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2019, 12:45:30 PM »
As weird and divisive the UFO was (I'm not too fond of it either), it didn't come out of nowhere. The show is set in a time when the "UFO mania" was high, it was referenced multiple times throughout the show and it was basically seen in the first episode, when Rye got distracted by the lights and got ran over by Penny.

It's ironic how the dumbest person on the show, Penny herself, was the only one not amazed at the UFO - "oh come on honey, it's just an UFO", as a matter of fact  :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2019, 01:10:53 PM »
That was pretty funny heh
"Honey you gotta stop stabbing the hostage" is also a classic line :lol

Online mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2020, 05:48:27 PM »
FYI, the new Fargo season starts this Sunday night on FX.  Chris Rock stars and Timothy Olyphant makes a late appearance as a Marshall.  1950’s Kansas City is the setting.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2020, 04:58:09 AM »
Great news! this series has been great so far and more of it is always welcomed  :tup

Offline faizoff

« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2020, 07:08:07 PM »
As a huge fan of this show and every single season I can't wait. Though I can't decide if I want to wait and watch them all at once. Past two season I was dying week to week.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2020, 11:29:01 PM »
Really good so far. They're killing it with the cinematography and the music as usual.
Chris Rock is doing okay, in the sense that I'm not constantly reminded that it is Chris Rock on the screen, which is more than sufficient as far as I'm concerned, I'm a big fan of his comedy and watched all his specials many times so I was worried I'd be way too familiar with his mannerisms to be able to separate him from the character, luckily that didn't happen.

The actress playing the nurse is killing it, I thought she looked familiar but when I looked her up I found that I haven't seen anything else she did.

This is the first time I don't binge-watch a season of Fargo and I'm already thinking it was a bad idea not to wait :lol
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:03:33 AM by Progmetty »

Offline Aefenwelg

« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2020, 06:32:06 PM »

The actress playing the nurse is killing it, I thought she looked familiar but when I looked her up I found that I haven't seen anything else she did.

I had the same experience. Except I had seen one other thing she's been in, Chernobyl, but she looks completely different in it.
I'm pretty sure I had just mistaken her for Melissa Villaseñor.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2020, 11:25:25 PM »
3rd episode was fantastic, the plot is moving pretty fast and steady, never a dull moment.
I take it from the silence that most of opted to wait out the season before watching  :|, can't say I blame you though.
We need MirrorMask's take on this though, the season is crawling with I-talians  :lol
There's one actor who's actually Italian on the show, Salvatore Esposito, he's awesomely entertaining, first English-speaking role for him apparently.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2020, 11:15:34 PM »
Season 4 episode 8 is the best episode of Fargo.
Possible recency bias, I'll play it safe and change that to a top 3 episode.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2022, 04:23:20 PM »
I can't really read this thread due to trying to avoid spoilers but just finished season 1 and loved it.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2023, 10:28:28 PM »
Finally caught up to season 4. What an amazing season this was. The cinematography and production design were on point and I loved the intertwining story throughout. It was a little less quirky than usual Fargo seasons but honestly I love they went for a different feel from the previous three. There were some nice subtle tie-ins to the other seasons. Chris Rock was really well used, didn't have much of his schtick. I also love how there were so many side characters, each had a charm to them.  Jason Schwarztman killed it along with his 'brother' actor, god I loved his character. Nurse Mayflower was quite a cracker and I love how she's tied in with the whole plot. This was such a phenomenal season, I guess I had the right mindset when watching because it looks like it didn't get as much love as the previous ones.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 10:53:40 PM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2024, 07:48:12 AM »
I finished Season 5 and it was incredible. This season might be up there very close to season 2 as the favorite. The acting was top notch and so well written. I was most surprised by how poignant the ending was. All the characters are so complex and I just can't pick a favorite among them all. I think this time it was perfectly cast and I loved all the storylines.

Jon Hamm is terrifying and that's a testament to his acting. I think I was most surprised by Jennifer Jason Leigh, she had the perfect charisma for the role and it fit like a glove. Juno Temple pulling off the accent was also another surprise, she's great in Ted Lasso and she's the star in this series.
There are times when some scenes are a bit ham fisted but I think in the context of the episode and season, it fit right in.

Such a strong season.

Online WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2024, 08:17:52 AM »
I really 'liked' Season 5, but the last couple of episodes left me a bit deflated. I feel like they came just short of sticking the landing.

That all said, it was an incredible season, and the acting performances were beyond impressive.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2024, 02:12:03 PM »
Loved season 5 of Fargo. Jon Hamm was awesome. It was a different type of ending that really upended what I expected to happen so while I was initially a bit disappointed the more I have thought about it the more it worked for me. My main criticism is that a couple of characters, specifically the female cop were left pretty short changed in the end.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2024, 12:23:57 PM »
I found the ending to be incredibly powerful.

Season 5 definitely rivals season 1 for me.