Author Topic: BlobVanDam tour video appreciation thread  (Read 10748 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: BlobVanDam tour video appreciation thread
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2014, 04:43:52 AM »
*appreciates*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2015, 12:14:18 AM »
I'm a little late to this but I appreciate what you do for the band Blob.  I'm actually surprised you finished it on time.   ;)     I'd move my ass too if I was getting daily death threats from JP. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2015, 03:07:02 PM »

After seeing the 3D videos on the Score DVD (with the newton's cradle etc), I got inspired and really wanted the band to use my work. So back in 2007 when the SC album cover was first released, I made a video of the album cover and tried to get the band to see it. Thanks to the kind folks on the DT-related forums, the video link was sent to the band, and the rest is history. I've been very fortunate to work for them ever since. :)

I just know If I ever did anything like that and sent it to a band - i'm such a pathetic nobody - that all i'd get is a

" cool ".

[/end of conversation].

Offline Grizz

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2015, 10:26:43 PM »
I'm impressed with what he can do with Hugh Syme's delirium. I still want to know why there are elephants in a hospital. https://youtu.be/VCZri48eHn0?t=4m58s Those quirky videos (ANtR, ARoP, and TCoT) are what really stuck with me from my first DT show, probably because they weren't a part of my similar but better second DT show.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"