Author Topic: Crimson's Top 50 v. #1 ..... And then there was one...  (Read 29546 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Crimson's Top 50 v. For the Love of Stephen King...
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2014, 11:51:44 AM »
Saw another interview with Wood - he sure was a character.    Based on a few songs I'd say I like MLB without loving the music.  I can hear the occasional GnR reference as you mentioned - perhaps a bit of Cult in the vocal at times and even Enuff Z,nuff here and there.   Certainly an interesting band that may grow on me given time.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2014, 02:33:38 PM »
I was really disappointe d in Among The Living after loving STD. Time has not changed my opinion.
I missed the Skynyrd album further up too so  :tup for that.
There's alot of Grunge in this list so far  :(

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »

I'm not too far off finishing my Top 50 and you wouldn't believe the amount of grunge :neverusethis:
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2014, 03:54:40 PM »
I was really disappointe d in Among The Living after loving STD. Time has not changed my opinion.

Yeah, it has a whole new hard core type influence after the classic metal of STD. I still like it a lot though. I'm glad they didn't go further down that road. I thought we might lose them after that.  :D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2014, 06:31:39 PM »

Try to understand, I was 28 in 1991.  Metal was getting a little stale after 10 years.  At the time, the Seattle scene was pretty fresh and edgy music.  It was one of those musical turning points in mine and a lot of my friends lives.  I'm really surprised by the grunge reaction in this thread.  It's blues based rock, how can it be THAT distasteful?   Maybe it's the boards overall sentiment and I never noticed it?  If you weren't around at the time, I may get how you don't see the significance or musical/social impact that we experienced  when it was happening. Not to get on you Lowdz, and I do appreciate and respect your opinion!...I'm just a bit perplexed, and a bit saddened at some of the sentiments I'm reading.  Maybe I'm just getting fucking old... :lol

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:39:36 PM by CrimsonSunrise »

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Crimson's Top 50 v. Angels and Magik....
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2014, 08:14:57 AM »
#13     Death Angel -  Act III

April 10, 1990

This album recently came up in another thread I talked about it in.  Thrash and speed metal to me was awesome, but I didn't have tunnel vision with it.  I was still diversified enough in other genre's.  Of the "Thrash/Speed metal" albums..... this one to me reigned supreme.  I caught wind of Death Angel listening to the song "Bored".  After hearing it I researched them a bit and found their new album Act III.  Music in general speaks to us.  I don't mean to sound cheesey or cliche-ish, but it does.  Certain melodies or rhythms resonate within each of us more powerfully than they might in someone else.  Act III, while probably in the forum of public opinion, may not be high on the "Best Of" list of thrash.... it is in my book.  To me it is the tightest, best sounding, and most meaningful.   I saw them on the Act III tour as the warm band up for Danzig.  They smoked his ass...plain and simple.  During the time from '86-90 of all the bands I saw live... Anthrax, Metallica, Megadeth, Danzig, Slayer, and SOD.    Death Angel was the BEST performance with regards to content and performance.

Fav tracks......

Seemingly Endless Time - what a way to start an album!!!!
Room With A View - not sure...but I always thought this song was about Howard Hughes.
Veil of Deception
The Organization
Disturbing the Peace

#12    Red Hot Chili Peppers -  Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic

September 24, 1991

I'm sorry...what year was this?  Let me preface though with a disclaimer....  THIS IS NOT GRUNGE!!!!!!!!   :biggrin:  (even though it's '91 rock)  This is funky ass, kick you in the teeth groovin Rock and Roll!  What an EPIC album.  Easily to me the best RHCP album.  Up until this point I had heard of the Chili peppers and they had a few good songs,  but nothing like this album.  From the moment The Power of Equality kicks off, it's game on!  And it doesn't let up until the album is over.  There's no losers or weak tracks on this album.  While I think they had a valiant effort with the later Stadium Arcadium, I don't think they've ever again achieved that level of musical mastery.

Fav tracks...

Power of Equality
If you Have to Ask
The Righteous and the Wicked
Sir Psycho Sexy
Under the Bridge
Naked in the Rain
Breaking the Girl

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2014, 08:30:03 AM »
Ahh yes, Act III. My outside the box choice for the thread for the four favorite thrash albums, and it made my top 100 in the 60s. Great fucking album.  :metal
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2014, 08:44:40 AM »
I have both of those albums but can't say either are big faves.  I need to revisit the Death Angel.   The RHCP..........well for me that's a bit like what Lowdz said about Appetite For Destruction.  When I was in college Under The Bridge was quite honestly the most overplayed song I've ever heard - literally on 2 or 3 times an hour at some points and ended up driving me mental.  A bit like Katy Perry now - on the very rare occasion I'm near a radio that's on it seems so is she.  If I'm going for some RCHP it tends to be more around Mothers Milk - Higher Ground cover is a bit of a fave.

As far as grunge goes..........and I'll try and be a little serious  ;)  ..............you're not too old .  The vast majority of us posting here are about your age or within ten years (all fogeys) -  it just so happens that I don't know anyone my age , here or elsewhere, who really likes grunge or who was open to it at such an old age (28).  I was ten years younger and I was pretty much set in my ways by then and the sort of music I appreciate (big on melody and musicianship)............well most of it just didn't compute and like I said earlier semi-seriously they didn't get any props from me for wiping out most of the bands I was getting into at the time.  It seems that , if anything , AiC is a band where a number of us made an exception.  Around that time was when I really discovered prog metal in a big way via DT and others so I also had something far more attractive to me to explore.

Don't take the rather uniform disdain for grunge personally - it is what it is .   I've tried out all the bands (grunge or not) in your list that I wasn't familiar with , but in the knowledge that if they are grungy the chances for me aren't great  :P   Mother Love Bone wasn't too bad - I'll return to them at some point to see if they're a grower. Aic Dirt was in my latest batch on the album listening thread - if I like it then it'll be thanks to you :)

Keep it up - really enjoying your list even if you insist on having diverse taste  ;D  It all adds to the surprise factor of what's up next - I wouldn't have a clue.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:34:44 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2014, 08:56:55 AM »
Blood Sugar... was so out of left field at the time that I loved it.  The rhythm section of Flea and Chad just kill it every album.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2014, 03:27:28 PM »

Try to understand, I was 28 in 1991.  Metal was getting a little stale after 10 years.  At the time, the Seattle scene was pretty fresh and edgy music.  It was one of those musical turning points in mine and a lot of my friends lives.  I'm really surprised by the grunge reaction in this thread.  It's blues based rock, how can it be THAT distasteful?   Maybe it's the boards overall sentiment and I never noticed it?  If you weren't around at the time, I may get how you don't see the significance or musical/social impact that we experienced  when it was happening. Not to get on you Lowdz, and I do appreciate and respect your opinion!...I'm just a bit perplexed, and a bit saddened at some of the sentiments I'm reading.  Maybe I'm just getting fucking old... :lol

Oh I was around. I was 23 in 91 and wasn't ready to move on. I liked music with great musicianship (and Poison  :lol) and was still having a great time. I wasn't the miserable bastard I would've needed to be to enjoy Grunge. I wasn't angry, I was still having (Nothin' But) a good Time. I just didn't have anything in common with that music, and also resented it for killing the music I did love. I know that's the way the business works but I floundered for a long time in the mid to late 90s as I just couldn't find new music I liked.
Grunge was the opposite of what I like in music. But this is your list, your taste and I'm certainly not insulting it.

And its not all bad. Just listening to the Death Angel - and its excellent. Nice one. A band I just assumed I wouldn't like. I was never much of a Thrash fan back in the day but as I get older I seem to be liking it more. Surprised at the singer actually. Remarkably tuneful for a Thrash band. I feel a purchase coming on.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:34:38 PM by Lowdz »

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2014, 05:37:46 PM »

Oh I was around. I was 23 in 91 and wasn't ready to move on. I liked music with great musicianship (and Poison  :lol) and was still having a great time. I wasn't the miserable bastard I would've needed to be to enjoy Grunge. I wasn't angry, I was still having (Nothin' But) a good Time. I just didn't have anything in common with that music, and also resented it for killing the music I did love. I know that's the way the business works but I floundered for a long time in the mid to late 90s as I just couldn't find new music I liked.
Grunge was the opposite of what I like in music. But this is your list, your taste and I'm certainly not insulting it.

And its not all bad. Just listening to the Death Angel - and its excellent. Nice one. A band I just assumed I wouldn't like. I was never much of a Thrash fan back in the day but as I get older I seem to be liking it more. Surprised at the singer actually. Remarkably tuneful for a Thrash band. I feel a purchase coming on.

I hear ya bro!  Are you angry yet??  Maybe that's it with me, maybe I had some angst !   :lol  Yeah, that's one of the reasons I really loved Death Angel.  Great vocals for thrash, and the musicianship is so damn tight.  A cool lil factoid... 4 of the members on this album are cousins, the only non related guy is the vocalist.  Guess that's one of the reasons they're so tight, growing up in the same family musically.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:47:46 PM by CrimsonSunrise »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2014, 06:59:55 PM »
Don't we all fell a little dirty for having C.C. DeVille in our lives?! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2014, 07:25:45 PM »
Don't we all fell a little dirty for having C.C. DeVille in our lives?! :lol

I don't... I never owned 1 Poison, Ratt, Crue, Bon Jovi album .... :lol

and sorry.....  back to grunge for 1 more point.  With regards to the statement I made about Mother Love Bone and of Andrew Wood 's death having a bigger impact then Kurt's..  I just found this homespun documentary by some DJ...and I agree One thousand percent to what he says. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJsGiO9RmH0
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:36:53 PM by CrimsonSunrise »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2014, 09:38:45 PM »

Fuck, you're older than me!  I was 20 in '91... and agree with absolutely everything you just said.  Plus, I was attending University from 92-96, and the bar scene on and around campus had (thankfully) nothing to do with this style of music (for the most part).

You could be guaranteed to here Come On Eileen before hearing anything by Death Angel.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2014, 10:35:14 PM »

Fuck, you're older than me!  I was 20 in '91... and agree with absolutely everything you just said.  Plus, I was attending University from 92-96, and the bar scene on and around campus had (thankfully) nothing to do with this style of music (for the most part).

You could be guaranteed to here Come On Eileen before hearing anything by Death Angel.
Come on Eileen?  Oh the humanity...... :lol
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:42:21 PM by CrimsonSunrise »

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2014, 03:21:16 AM »

Come on Eileen?  Oh the humanity...... :lol

Oh God the memories of the 80s. That's why I have no love at all for the radio. Even Maiden didn't make the radio too often. In the UK there was Europe, Bon Jovi- that was about it until a band released a ballad.
I hate Come On Eillen  >:(

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2014, 03:37:07 AM »
Thanks guys for implanting Come on Eileen into my subconscious  :censored

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2014, 04:24:19 AM »
Thanks guys for implanting Come on Eileen into my subconscious  :censored

This will get rid of it, guaranteed. Not saying that it's any better but it will stick! Its my go-to track when I need an ear worm killing  :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fiJUlXeWPY

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2014, 05:47:43 AM »
He could have ear wormed "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" instead.

*Runs away* :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2014, 07:01:50 AM »
I predict Rick Roll.  Not clicking.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2014, 07:08:08 AM »
Paul wouldn't do that to me  :P  :tup  (or now regretting he didn't think of it  ;D  ) -  thanks for the link.  It seems to have worked.   TT get a brief mention in my Top 50 - not for an album but just in passing.   

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2014, 07:35:07 AM »
#11    Pink floyd -  Dark Side of the Moon

March 1, 1973 

I've been going pretty fast with my updates, so the next person in line can get started.  I know how looooooong of a  wait it seemed for me.  That being said, from this point my last 11 will be 1 at a time.  Coming in at #11 is one of the must commercially successful albums of all time.  Because of my self imposed rule of one album per artist, I really had to struggle with this choice.  In most scenarios in the past folks would ask what my favorite Floyd album was, at time it was Wish You Were Here.  At other times it was Animals.  Finally at times it's been Dark Side of the Moon.  Any one of those 3 would be in this exact position.  Yet none of them surpass the next 10.  Here's the rub though.  Because these 3 albums were SO strong... Pink Floyd is one of my top 5 bands of all time.  Dark Side of the Moon is just such an incredible work of art, that, in the end, is why it get's the nod over the other two.  So well written and choreographed.  It takes you on a journey that very few rock albums can.  This album was also engineered by the legendary engineer/musician Alan Parsons.  It is the second best selling album in the world and remained on the Billboard charts for the short span of 14 years.   :lol   Most everyone knows these lil facts, but I thought they merited repeating.

Next up..... at #10, comes an album that I defy anyone to guess .....But one of my all time favorites. 

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Crimson's Top 50 v. All you need is Time and Money...
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2014, 08:08:07 AM »
My semi serious guesses....... (good albums many would never expect in a top 50 or own up to rating so high)

- This Is Spinal Tap

And a third.................just because you need to see it once

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:14:39 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2014, 08:12:19 AM »
  :rollin  @ your #2 pick....Svetlanna..mmmmm

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2014, 08:13:26 AM »
Haha..............I actually had second thoughts and deleted her because I didn't want to take your thread too far off the reserve but seeing as you like her...............I'll put it back  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2014, 09:19:36 AM »
DSOTM deserves to belong in everyone's top 50.  Flawless album.

Predictions... can't remember who has come up and who hasn't yet, so I don't want to seem unattentive by mentioning a band you've already listed.  If you can give us the 50-11 list, and then I'll make predictions.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2014, 10:42:17 AM »
Paul wouldn't do that to me  :P  :tup  (or now regretting he didn't think of it  ;D  ) -  thanks for the link.  It seems to have worked.   TT get a brief mention in my Top 50 - not for an album but just in passing.

Phew - couldn't imagine Tygertailz making anyone's top 50  :biggrin: That song is a guilty pleasure though.
And no, I wouldn't Rickroll you Brent.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2014, 10:45:29 AM »
Here's the list to date...... #50 through #11

#50    Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic pillow   
#49    Aerosmith - Rocks       
#48    Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?   
#47    Kiss - Alive 2     
#46    Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery     
#45    The Who  - Who's Next
#44    Scorpions - Blackout
#43    Iron Butterfly - In-a-gadda-da-vida
#42    Cream - Disraeli Gears
#41    Kamelot - Black Halo
#40    Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
#39    Eagles -  Hotel California
# 38   The Doors
# 37   Ozzy Osbourne -  Blizzard of Ozz
# 36   Rage against the machine
#35    Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols
#34     Symphony X -  Odyssey
#33     Jethro Tull aqualung
#32     Sixx AM - Heroin Diaries
#31     Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East
#30     4 Non Blondes -  Bigger Better Faster More
#29     Deep Purple - Machine Head
#28     Dio -  Last in Line
#27     Styx -  Pieces of Eight
#26     Seven Mary Three -  American Standard
#25     The Cult -  Sonic Temple
#24     Temple of the Dog
#23     Alice in Chains -  Dirt
#22     Guns and Roses -  Appetite for Destruction
#21     Lynyrd Skynyrd (Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd)
#20     Live - Secret Samadhi
#19     Soundgarden -  Badmotorfinger
#18     Ynwie Malmsteen -  Rising Force
#17     Stone Temple Pilots - Core
#16     Metallica - Master of Puppets
#15     Anthrax -  Among the Living
#14     Mother Love Bone
#12     Red Hot Chili Peppers -  Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic
#11     Pink floyd -  Dark Side of the Moon

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:57:08 PM by CrimsonSunrise »

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2014, 11:20:54 AM »
Not a huge DSOTM fan though I can see why its so revered.

And I have no idea what will be next - it could be anything going by the list so far  :biggrin:

If its going to be a surprise it can't be more Grunge  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »
I am predicting a Pearl Jam album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2014, 11:55:51 AM »
I am predicting a Pearl Jam album.

Good guess Tac...  but no... :biggrin:

I'll say this..... if anyone can guess what it is by posting tomorrow afternoon... I'll give them $100.  Just post your guess  ( I'll even give you 2 guesses per person)

**EDIT - changed from 3 guesses to 2 guesses per person.  This will be the last edit of this post. @ 12:07pm   You guys are just too smart to have 3 guesses... :lol

TAC - Your PJ vote is a freebie... you still have 2  ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:06:00 PM by CrimsonSunrise »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2014, 12:41:57 PM »
Simplified:

Here's the list to date...... #50 through #11
#50  Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic pillow   
#49  Aerosmith - Rocks       
#48  Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?   
#47  Kiss - Alive 2     
#46  Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery     
#45   The Who  - Who's Next
#44  Scorpions - Blackout
#43  Iron Butterfly - In-a-gadda-da-vida
#42  Cream - Disraeli Gears
#41  Kamelot - Black Halo
#40  Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
#39 Eagles -  Hotel California
# 38 The Doors
# 37 Ozzy Osbourne -  Blizzard of Ozz
# 36 Rage against the machine
#35    Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols
#34     Symphony X -  Odyssey
#33     Jethro Tull aqualung
#32     Sixx AM - Heroin Diaries
#31     Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East
#30     4 Non Blondes -  Bigger Better Faster More
#29      Deep Purple - Machine Head
#28      Dio -  Last in Line
#27    Styx -  Pieces of Eight
#26     Seven Mary Three -  American Standard
#25    The Cult -  Sonic Temple
#24    Temple of the Dog
#23     Alice in Chains -  Dirt
#22    Guns and Roses -  Appetite for Destruction
#21     Lynyrd Skynyrd (Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd)
#20    Live - Secret Samadhi
#19     Soundgarden -  Badmotorfinger
#18      Ynwie Malmsteen -  Rising Force
#17     Stone Temple Pilots - Core
#16     Metallica - Master of Puppets
#15     Anthrax -  Among the Living
#14     Mother Love Bone
#12    Red Hot Chili Peppers -  Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic
#11    Pink floyd -  Dark Side of the Moon

That said, my top 10 predictions - Led Zeppelin, Dream Theater, Rush, The Beatles, Sabbath, Rainbow, Van Halen, Satch, Whitesnake and Journey

I know I'm gonna be wrong on some though, since I can't see a top 10 without any thrash or 'grunge' given what you've already got up there.

As for specifically what's at #10, Ima gonna cheat a little and say either Crystal Flavola or The Greater Heights.  (who the hell are either of these two!?!?!?)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2014, 12:44:43 PM »

Oh good! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »

Oh good! :lol

Guess Winger.  Do it!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2014, 01:00:30 PM »

That said, my top 10 predictions - Led Zeppelin, Dream Theater, Rush, The Beatles, Sabbath, Rainbow, Van Halen, Satch, Whitesnake and Journey

I know I'm gonna be wrong on some though, since I can't see a top 10 without any thrash or 'grunge' given what you've already got up there.

As for specifically what's at #10, Ima gonna cheat a little and say either Crystal Flavola or The Greater Heights.  (who the hell are either of these two!?!?!?)

Thanks for the simplification Bro.  Yeah.... forgot you were on my FB page... :lol  Anywho... No....and...No  :biggrin:  Greater Height's have now changed their name to "Feelgood Music"  It's my Nephews band.  Flavola is a band of a Dive buddy of mine in Texas.  I have no clue what they even sound like... :lol