Author Topic: DELAIN  (Read 31305 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DELAIN
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2016, 07:05:14 AM »
Not sure if EP songs will be on next album... But man am I digging the new song.  Delain is seriously one of my top 5 bands.  Kicking myself for not seeing them in concert.  But I don't live near a major US city so it's quite an undertaking to actually see them.

Have you checked this tour?  They are opening for Nightwish and Sonata Arctica starting next Friday in the US>

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2016, 07:49:06 AM »
Saw Delain this past Saturday open for Nightwish.  My third time seeing them and they played the two new songs, both of which I really like.  They didn't play with the bassist (I Guess he isn't doing this tour?) and they didn't have a replacement, just the new female guitarist which was odd.  However, they were pretty solid.  May have been my favorite performance by them, I think they are starting to come around a lot more as a live band.  Had much better stage presence and just felt like they were really enjoying themselves.  I enjoyed the set as well.  After the concert, as I was walking out, I noticed Charlotte and Timo standing by the door signing CDs so I managed to get a selfie (I look like an idiot and am drenched in sweat) with Charlotte.

My video of We Are The Others - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPQ_h3QSVXU

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2016, 09:24:49 AM »
I wish she'd lose the nose ring.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2016, 11:17:41 AM »
Saw Delain this past Saturday open for Nightwish.  My third time seeing them and they played the two new songs, both of which I really like.  They didn't play with the bassist (I Guess he isn't doing this tour?) and they didn't have a replacement, just the new female guitarist which was odd.  However, they were pretty solid.  May have been my favorite performance by them, I think they are starting to come around a lot more as a live band.  Had much better stage presence and just felt like they were really enjoying themselves.  I enjoyed the set as well.  After the concert, as I was walking out, I noticed Charlotte and Timo standing by the door signing CDs so I managed to get a selfie (I look like an idiot and am drenched in sweat) with Charlotte.

My video of We Are The Others - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPQ_h3QSVXU

The bassist was awesome when I saw them last year. I wonder what happened. If I didn't see this tour last year I would have went again.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »
Gonna go see them all tonight.  This will be my 3rd time seeing Delain.  I enjoy their music, but it's not something I regularly go to.  I'm in this for the Nightwish.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2016, 11:13:42 AM »
Saw Delain open for Nightwish last night. I am just getting in to their music so know very little about them or their material, but I thought they were awesome! I was their for NW but would have paid to see Delain headline. Charlotte really performed well, looked beautiful, and got the crowd rocking. What a talent. Skyrocked up my list of favorite lead singers. (though I agree with Zook. I never like the look of those nose rings).

I thought it was strange not to see a bass player. And the girl on guitar does indeed look like she was 12. Turns out they just made her a full-fledged member. What a cutie!

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2016, 05:14:28 PM »
I love this band so much.  Hoping for a full length album this year (has that been confirmed?). 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2016, 08:22:29 AM »
https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/delain10thanniversary

Happy Birthday to…US! Dear Delainers, thank you so much for checking out this Pledge campaign which celebrates a very important milestone for Delain: our tenth anniversary in music!

The years have been flying by! In September 2006, we released our debut record, Lucidity, and it was your overwhelming response to our first record that made us decide to take the plunge and turn Delain: The Project into Delain: The Band.

Today, we find ourselves looking back at a decade of rocking stages all over the world with you and remember the gigs, the afterparties, the comfort of always finding familiar faces in the crowd, and the excitement of greeting new ones. Four albums, two EPs, and ten years later, we feel that we need to celebrate this milestone properly…with YOU!

So what is the plan?

Call it the biggest birthday bash ever. On December 10, 2016, legendary Amsterdam music venue Paradiso is ours to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We are planning to go all out for this one! Best of all, the entire show will be recorded and made available on DVD, Blu-Ray, CD, vinyl, and digital download. You can get your tickets for the show on Ticketmaster here.

The pre-party: We have such a buzzing time ahead. While planning for the celebrations, we are writing and recording our new record and touring like crazy. We want to take you with us on the journey to the celebration on December 10th through a series of documentary style videos appearing first on Pledge, and then on the DVD. Pledgers will get the very first look at these videos which will give you insight into the magic and madness of being a touring and recording band getting ready for the biggest birthday bash ever.

The party guests: Well you, of course! We’ll give pledgers behind-the-scenes updates and you’ll be the first to know who will join us on stage as we have invited and are flying in some very special guests who have worked with us over the last ten years.

The icing on the birthday cake: We will go all-out to welcome you in style. The venue, the stage production, and the band itself! We will create an audiovisual spectacle and make sure we look the part to deliver. We’re being ambitious here – the biggest show in our ten year career.

The afterparty: We know that you are a pretty international bunch and we have been privileged to meet you all over the world. It’s amazing to know that we’ll find Delainers at the end of our street and on the other side of the globe alike. We want all of you to be able to be able to experience this party, which is why the entire show will be filmed to be made into a live DVD. You can already pre-order it here on Pledge, as well as the Blu-Ray, CD, limited edition vinyl, and digital download too!

Why PledgeMusic?

As a fan, you usually just get to see the slickly-packaged DVD or album, but you entirely miss the journey it took to get that finished product to you. We would like to change that. We’ve made it as a band for ten years thanks to you, so we want you to be involved in our band anniversary and involve you from the very beginning so you can witness the entire process from from start to finish. You guys are the reason we’re here so we turn to you directly to help us make this happen.

When we make our goal, a percentage of the pledges will go towards the Sophie Lancaster Foundation, as they continue to carry out their mission to Stamp Out Prejudice, Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere!

How does it work?

You can pick your pledge from the menu below. All pledges small and large are appreciated. Your pledges will go towards funding the video series, the show itself, and the production of the DVD. For us this is an incredibly exciting process and we hope you will join in with us!

Interesting, might make a pledge for the blu-ray since it's almost a guarantee that I will buy that anyway.  I really do hope I can squeeze in a work trip to Amsterdam this December.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2016, 09:05:40 PM »
I can't find the "$10,000 for a night with Merel" pledge option.

Cool find, thanks for posting. I can't justify $56 for the BR, and that is the only thing that interests me, but I will check it out once it is released.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline PetFish

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2016, 10:09:40 PM »
Charlotte, please lose the bullring, please.  It's just...  :facepalm:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2016, 06:13:59 AM »

Agreed, I hate it.

I can't find the "$10,000 for a night with Merel" pledge option.

:lol I'll take 10k for Charlotte minus the ring

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2016, 11:09:55 AM »
I heard this female vocalist in a new band whose album I picked up recently - Phantasma is the name of the group.  The girl who sings in Delain is on Phantasma's album and I lovedlovedlovedloved her voice so much...I went looking for other stuff with her in it and soon found Delain.

I bought "The Human Contradiction" and it's great.  I'll be getting the rest of their stuff soon. 

By the way, that Phantasma disc is highly recommended for any fans of this kind of symphonic metal.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2016, 11:15:52 AM »
Yep, Phantasma album is cool. Enter Dreamscape is my favourite song from it, thanks Chad for recommending this one.

Agreed, I hate it.

Same here.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2016, 12:14:44 PM »
I bought "The Human Contradiction" and it's great.  I'll be getting the rest of their stuff soon. 

I listened to this album this morning, love it.  :metal

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2016, 06:15:29 PM »
I told myself just the other day I'd never buy another live album...  But I think I'll be pledging for this and in turn getting the download of it.

Delain has been one of my favorite bands for the past couple of years.  All of their albums are awesome.  And, their "birthday bash" date happens to be my birthday, so I can take that as a sign. I almost HAVE to.

I'm sure I've ranked their albums here in the past, here's my current ranking:  The Human Contradiction > Lucidity > April Rain > We Are the Others > the EP's.  Their latest album (human contradiction) is awesome, but I love almost just as much their fist album Lucidity.  Amazing stuff.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2016, 11:49:54 PM »
By the way, that Phantasma disc is highly recommended for any fans of this kind of symphonic metal.

Seriously.  This album is amazing.  It doesn't have much in way of instrumental virtuosity but it's a story-rich and emotional masterpiece.

Every week I love a new track but the one that seems to be sticking with me the most is "Try".  It's *so* emotional and powerful.  I'm gonna cry just talking about it.  It's not even Charlotte singing on this track either.

Man, what an album.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2016, 08:25:23 AM »
Yep, Phantasma album is cool. Enter Dreamscape is my favourite song from it, thanks Chad for recommending this one.

Agreed, I hate it.

Same here.

eh, I just noticed that picture up there.   :facepalm:    Yeah, I don't know why in the world ANYONE would want to wear such an ugly thing on their face.   :|

I still think her voice is amazing, though  :hat

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2016, 06:33:59 PM »
New song:

DELAIN - The Glory And The Scum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtaVKW5N_VE

Pretty good.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2016, 11:03:35 PM »

Offline PetFish

« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2016, 11:48:15 PM »
Noice.  I've always loved their sound.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2016, 02:16:37 PM »
Another new track, Fire With Fire.  Saw a link on Loudwire and after hearing some songs from them, mainly due to you guys here, I decided to hear this track.  I think Fire With Fire is a winner here.

https://loudwire.com/delain-fire-with-fire-exclusive-song-premiere/

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2016, 11:12:22 AM »
Just saw the announcement that Delain is coming to Moscow at January 21st, awesome. Going to get my ticket at Friday. :metal
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2016, 06:39:47 PM »
Decent album, but not mixed very well. Charlotte is mixed way too low on the first song, and the album lacks a punch. The Queen cover song, Scandal is way better than the original. :D

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2016, 07:22:42 AM »
I think overall, the new album is okay. A handful of really good songs, but the rest are just meh. I think is a step in the wrong direction for me and it's not as good as their last couple of albums.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2016, 11:24:41 AM »
I will echo that the album is good, not great.  Probably around 7-7.5/10.  I felt that, yeah, the album lacked a certain punchiness to it (Fire With Fire had great punch though to me) and I'm not a big fan of how they did the synth sounds.  Felt like 80s pop synth music to me, from time to time, but I have bad ears so what do I know?

Still, I think some of the songs were solid.  Enjoyed Hand of Gold,  The Hurricane, Fire With Fire, Pendulum, and Turn The Lights Out.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2016, 03:50:40 PM »
I got the album, but haven't listened to it and honestly might not for a bit... I'm kind of overwhelmed with music to listen to at this point (bands I am seeing in concert soon but I want to listen/learn more of first).  I will get to it since well i bought the album  :lol

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2016, 04:04:34 PM »
I think I rank it third.  Human Contradiction is my favorite of theirs, so it was a step down for me.  April Rain takes second spot.  On new album, I'd say 6 songs I really like and 5 are just ok.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2016, 02:41:28 AM »
 :biggrin:  Hands off Merel, please!  :lol

For who already didn't know, she also rocks the stages live with The Gentle Storm (with Anneke van Giersbergen, Marcela Bovio) live as well.

She's a firecracker of a guitarist, alright.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2016, 08:05:35 AM »
:biggrin:  Hands off Merel, please!  :lol

For who already didn't know, she also rocks the stages live with The Gentle Storm (with Anneke van Giersbergen, Marcela Bovio) live as well.

She's a firecracker of a guitarist, alright.

Yup, can't wait to see the Gentle Storm next week and see those lovely ladies!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2016, 10:57:26 AM »
The new album gets better with every listen.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2016, 12:58:51 PM »
When I last saw Delain, I got to meet Charlotte and I recall telling her the next time they come back to the US, they better be headlining cause the short sets weren't cutting it.  (I've seen them 3 times, all as openers with 30 minute sets).  Well looks like it's somewhat happened as they announced a co-headline tour with Hammerfall

DELAIN to embark on US co-headline tour with Hammerfall
We are proud to announce that we will embark on our first ever co-headline tour through the US in April/May 2017 with HAMMERFALL.
After extensively touring the US on several support runs in the last years we're excited to hit the road in support of our new album "Moonbathers" and offer our US fans the full DELAIN experience. Check out the dates below and let us know where you'll be attending. See you on the road!
4/19/2017 The Opera House, Toronto OT: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7301
4/20/2017 Imperial de Quebec, Quebec City QC: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7303
4/21/2017 Foufounes Electriques, Montreal QC: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7305
4/22/2017 New England Metal and Hardcore festival: https://metalandhardcorefestival.com/
4/24/2017 Stage 48, New York City NY: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7309
4/26/2017 Soundstage Baltimore MD: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7311
4/27/2017 Agora Ballroom, Cleveland OH: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7313
4/28/2017 Concorde Music Hall, Chicago IL: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7315
4/29/2017 The Cabooze, Minneapolis MN: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7317
5/1/2017 Gothic Theatre, Englewood CO:https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7319
5/3/2017 Starlite Room, Edmonton AL: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7321
5/4/2017 Dickens 1000, Calgary AB: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7323
5/5/2017 Rickshaw Theater, Vancouver BC: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7325
5/6/2017 El Corazon, Seattle WA: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7327
5/8/2017 Social Hall, San Francisco CA: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7329
5/9/2017 Whiskey a Go Go, West Hollywood CA: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7331
5/10/2017 City National Grove, Anaheim CA: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7333
5/11/2017 Club Red, Tempe AZ: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7335
5/13/2017 Trees, Dallas TX: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7337
5/14/2017 Alamo Music Hall, San Antonio TX: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7339
5/15/2017 Scout Bar, Houston TX: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7341
5/17/2017 Orpheum, Tampa FL: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7343
5/18/2017 Variety Playhouse, Atlanta GA: https://enterthevault.com/moreInfo.php?id=7345

Now having said that, I really need to listen to the new album.

Offline oh8wrx

• The Sassy Lass from Sassafrass
  • I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2016, 01:25:31 PM »
I just checked EnterTheVault earlier today and saw the same thing! Wooo!
Beer: the cause of AND solution to all of life's problems.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »
I actually really like the Stage 48 venue in NYC.  I am planning on being at that show.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2016, 02:19:03 PM »
Ooohhhh I like this but don't know Hammerfall at all. Time to check them out!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2016, 07:13:50 PM »
Knowing my luck Delain will be opening for the AZ date. Bummed it isn't Everygrey with them, but maybe if Evergrey come to AZ, they'll bring a good band with them. That is if they're headlining.