Author Topic: Akphaezya  (Read 550 times)

Offline emblempride

• Scammy Flammy Mammy
  • You're just like a motorcycle, too tired
Akphaezya
« on: August 24, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »
I've had their first album for a year now and recently listened to Anthology IV. Spent yesterday figuring out the story and, yeah, holy shit these guys are awesome. I can't get into most Avant-Garde Metal, but everyone's kickass at what they do and the relationship between the music and lyrics is totally worth noting. And of course, Nehl has quickly become one of my favorite vocalists. She' so unique, and despite the at times almost free-form lyrics, her voice makes all of her vocal melodies seem like a necessity, even her growls (which I near universally hate everywhere else) fit in perfectly

So yeah, anybody else listen to 'em?
"Hey guys" - Gregg Turkington

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
Re: Akphaezya
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 01:44:07 PM »
I was on a bit of an Akphaezya kick 9ish months ago. I think Anthology IV was somewhat high on Zantera's favorite albums of last year, so that for sure makes a couple of us that are into them.
I much prefer their newer one to the older one, but I'm hoping for even bigger things with their next release; hopefully it'll be their masterpiece.

I had some people really tripping out one of the last times I was spinning Anthology IV. Some serious weirded out/shocked looks and a "what are you listening to!?!" comment. I don't think they've been exposed to 'normal' underground music, let alone tuneage of the avante-garde variety.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 03:19:54 PM »
I do like them, and it was kind of a minor miracle that Anthology IV actually came out at all. I guess I will always see them as a more lite version of Unexpect. When I first got into them, I kind of wondered if I might enjoy them more than Unexpect, but the new record didn't quite change my mind. I guess if I had to choose, I still prefer Anthology II, but I'd love for them to come out with something better than both of their LPs.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »
Fucking fantastic band when I saw them live. Still have to check out their studio work.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 12:03:03 PM »
Bump.

I've been listening to Anthology IV quite a bit recently.  I'm not too much into avant-garde metal but this is very good.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.