Author Topic: Continuum TV Series - only 6 final episodes.  (Read 6521 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Continuum TV Series - SPOILERS for those watching on SyFy
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2014, 07:38:12 AM »
I pretty much echo what has been said. It's such a great series and to know that the creators arc had 7 seasons in mind.....that he'd done such an awesom job of telling the story thus far....and to now know his vision has been cut short by a good 40+ episodes.....that's a bummer. Like some of you have said...I have mixed emotions because it'll be good seeing the show again and seeing them get a chance to 'finish' it but on the other hand 6 episodes isn't alot of time to conclude such a complicated story.

There's no way to fully develop and explain that 'secret' character that was locked up who is now free. It seemed to have been set up to be someone we've met already...possibly Carlos?? Anyway, I hope that the writers can come up with an interesting way to wrap the series up in 6 episodes.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2014, 09:22:05 AM »
Did the sci-audience die out? Mid 90s-early 2000s - Stargate, Farscape, Star Treks, etc. Now each scifi show can barely put out 5 seasons if they're lucky, even the good ones :( Seems like if you're not Lost Season 1 you're doomed to get cancelled.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2014, 09:33:44 AM »
Did the sci-audience die out? Mid 90s-early 2000s - Stargate, Farscape, Star Treks, etc. Now each scifi show can barely put out 5 seasons if they're lucky, even the good ones :( Seems like if you're not Lost Season 1 you're doomed to get cancelled.

Yeah, it seems to be a tough sell these days. I do have hopes for 'Ascension'....that three day mini series that begins next Monday on SyFy. It 'looks' intriguing, but who knows at this point.

And, I really didn't care too much for the first season of 'HELIX'....I watched the entire thing but it never really captivated me.....but I have to admit the trailers for the 2nd Season has peeked my interest.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Continuum TV Series - only 6 final episodes.
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2015, 06:29:23 PM »
Season 4 starts on Friday for us.  Still pissed it's only 6 episode's to close it out.  Not sure I'm gonna start watching right away.  Seasons 1-3 are available 'on demand', so I'm gonna try and power watch them to get back in the zone, and recall what's going on ... it's been so long since it ended - over a year.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2015, 10:38:17 PM »
I've already seen the new episode because of reasons, but I won't spoil anything. In typical Continuum fashion it doesn't make anything too clear cut. I hope they have enough time in the season to give the show an amazing finish, even if not what they originally had planned.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2015, 08:36:58 AM »
Season 4 starts on Friday for us.  Still pissed it's only 6 episode's to close it out.  Not sure I'm gonna start watching right away.  Seasons 1-3 are available 'on demand', so I'm gonna try and power watch them to get back in the zone, and recall what's going on ... it's been so long since it ended - over a year.

Yeah, it's a real bummer it's only (6) episodes. I can't see how they are going to tidy it all up in essentially 4 1/2 hours. Maybe they have a good plan. The writing and story has been great thus far....but there is a lot to explain in a short amount of time.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
I'm tired of seeing Vancouver, BC being shot as every other place *except* Vancouver, BC.

This was the first show that I know of that actually showcased this amazing city with real locations, the Vancouver Police, and real streets and landmarks, it was finally Vancouver being Vancouver.

... aaaaaaaaand it's GONE.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2015, 12:21:15 AM »
I'm tired of seeing Vancouver, BC being shot as every other place *except* Vancouver, BC.

This was the first show that I know of that actually showcased this amazing city with real locations, the Vancouver Police, and real streets and landmarks, it was finally Vancouver being Vancouver.

... aaaaaaaaand it's GONE.

I remember when I first started watching Continuum and I saw the Vancouver cop car, and thought it was a mistake that they left it saying Vancouver. :lol
Such a huge number of scifi shows and movies are shot in Vancouver (and other parts of Canada), but I'm not sure I can think of a single other example of them not trying to pass it off as somewhere else.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2015, 06:36:05 AM »
Almost caught up... just the Season 3 finale.  Timing is gonna be great, as the series finale airs here on Friday, so I'll be able to power thru the final 6 episodes this week, and not have to wait much in between.

One thing I noticed though... they mis-wrote something when introducing Brad Duncan.  When he first appeared in the hospital, the Dr. said he'd been in a coma for 2 months.  That couldn't have been the case AND for him to the one who killed Kiera.  Minor point, but seems it was a slight over-sight - and evidence that as good as the writing was at planning everything out, and foreshadowing (eg... Kiera's imprisonment being a 2077 dream in the Season 2 opener when she wasn't imprisoned until the finale), they still did a few things on the fly.

Blob, has the finale aired down there yet?

Damn this was such a good show.   :sadpanda:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2015, 10:51:03 AM »
I'm DVR'ing the entire Season 4 and just gonna power through it one night since it's only (6) episodes. Looking forward to it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2015, 12:52:50 AM »
Almost caught up... just the Season 3 finale.  Timing is gonna be great, as the series finale airs here on Friday, so I'll be able to power thru the final 6 episodes this week, and not have to wait much in between.

One thing I noticed though... they mis-wrote something when introducing Brad Duncan.  When he first appeared in the hospital, the Dr. said he'd been in a coma for 2 months.  That couldn't have been the case AND for him to the one who killed Kiera.  Minor point, but seems it was a slight over-sight - and evidence that as good as the writing was at planning everything out, and foreshadowing (eg... Kiera's imprisonment being a 2077 dream in the Season 2 opener when she wasn't imprisoned until the finale), they still did a few things on the fly.

Blob, has the finale aired down there yet?

Damn this was such a good show.   :sadpanda:

Canada gets the earliest airing, which is what I'm watching.

I just checked S3, and Brad kills Kira in episode 1, gets hit by a truck immediately afterwards causing the coma, wakes up in the hospital in episode 9. That's 8 episodes later, which is 2 months realtime. I'm pretty sure that's a part of the season arc they would have planned out in advance.

I'm been avoiding discussing the show for the sake of the poor folks in the US who are a week behind, but I'm so excited for the finale. Being the last season, we've seen that anything can happen (such as the death of Lucas), and I love the time travelly stuff. And the fights have been extra awesome this season.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:03:01 AM by BlobVanDam »

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2015, 04:50:01 AM »
I'm totally caught up, and gonna watch the finale tomorrow as it airs.

As for that explanation... makes sense.  I just never got the sense that it was months that transpired - ie, real time was TV show time.  Also <spoiler>... how the hell was Edward already 2ish years old?  They didn't do a good job of delivering the sense that it's actually been two years since season 1. I've gotten the sense that it's been 2-3 months since everyone arrived.  Considering they never filmed in the winter, so there was never any sense of changing seasons, or insinuations that months had passed in between any of the shows...    Just nitpicking a little.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2015, 05:04:12 AM »
I think this all comes down to the same issue. Kagame was born at the end of S1, and it's now S4, so in real time it works out fine, as does Brad's coma. And when Kira had her little dream or whatever of still being in the future, she'd been in a coma for 3 years, which implies strongly that this is meant to correspond with how long she's been in the past for (not to mention it makes it easier to explain the kid ageing :lol).

But it doesn't at all feel like Liber8 has been around for 3 years, with Kira's story unfolding, or Alec's life and the whole thing with his girlfriend, but apparently that seems to be the case. I can't say I've ever analyzed whether or not that's plausible, but next time I do a full watch through, I'll have to keep track of it.

It's definitely a reasonable point, I'm just so used to assuming 1 season = 1 year that I hadn't given it much thought till you pointed it out. Now you've got me thinking. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2015, 06:08:48 AM »
Somebitch!

I will not read this thread until I see the last episode. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2015, 06:25:22 AM »
Given I just watched all 3 seasons in the last 2 weeks, I never got a feeling that 2-3 years had transpired.  The only thing that explicitly would have suggested any significant periods of time had lapsed was the fact that Piron BoD had given Alec "2 Months" to get HALO launched - and that happened in the span of a few episodes.  Otherwise, it always felt that it was only a few days transpiring between episodes.

Then again, maybe it's just me, since I did watch them all in the last 2 weeks.  However, with no 'seasons' (ie, change in weather), and no clear indication that 5-6 months transpired since the last episode, or in between the Seasons (of the show), that's what's throwing me off.

Nah... it's not just me.  Season 2 immediately flowed into Season 3, which immediately flowed into Season 4.  Even if TV time and real time are the same, it's 13 weeks per Season, we've still only transpired about 1/2 a year Since Kagame blew himself up on is birthday.  There may have been a bit of a gap between Season 1 and 2, but it sure didn't feel like it was over a year that had lapsed - and that kid was approaching the age of 2.

I think this is one of those 'kids aging fast' scenario's that TV shows just expect viewers to accept - but I don't think it was necessary.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2015, 06:41:17 AM »
No, it's definitely not just you. I think it's more a case of the writers not calculating room for time passing, and assuming time passes in real time for the characters. Under those circumstances, the kid's age isn't too far off like TV shows usually are for that age range. Since a TV season is usually shot in one big block at about 7-8 days per episode, changing seasons are another one of those things that I can mostly ignore.

Now I want to watch through again just to calculate that. I might do that after the final episode anyway just because.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2015, 09:16:15 PM »
No, it's definitely not just you. I think it's more a case of the writers not calculating room for time passing, and assuming time passes in real time for the characters. Under those circumstances, the kid's age isn't too far off like TV shows usually are for that age range. Since a TV season is usually shot in one big block at about 7-8 days per episode, changing seasons are another one of those things that I can mostly ignore.

Now I want to watch through again just to calculate that. I might do that after the final episode anyway just because.

Yeah, I had no problem with anything, and frankly, if they had just made little-Kagame about 6-12 months old, I wouldn't have even taken notice.  Frankly, weather in Vancouver doesn't have huge swings - they don't often get a snowy winter anyway, so I could've over looked that.  But with no discernible large gap between Seasons of the show, and Kagame being about a 2-year old, I was just, wth?  No biggie, just a slight over-sight.  I'm more perturbed that they clearly didn't have enough budget to make the armoured future soldiers realistic.  That animation was so video-game like.  Horrible motion-cap.  Glad they only used them sparingly.

Just finished the finale, and I'll not post any spoilers... except to say that it was about as satisfying an ending as I could have expected.  They could have done so much more if they'd had the additional seasons that Simon Barry always wanted/intended, but they wrapped that up in 6 episodes far better than I was expecting.

I'm bummed overall, but grateful for such a fantastic show.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2015, 09:59:45 PM »
Just finished the finale myself, and agree it was satisfying.

The future soldiers definitely didn't look mo-capped, they looked hand animated to me, which is why I think they looked so bad. That bugged me in the season premiere too.

SPOILERS BELOW

As soon as Kellogg killed the chick, I knew she was going to be his daughter. So cruel!

I knew the ending wouldn't be all perfect and neat, so once I saw it was the "good" future, I first figured she or her kid wasn't going to exist now or would be different, so once I saw the kid and he grabbed her arm, I realized that in this timeline she shouldn't have left in the first place and what was happening. Such a bitter sweet ending, but so fitting.

Old Alec did a great job of switching personality and feeling like the same Alec we knew from the past instead of the future Alec we've seen previously.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2015, 10:15:10 PM »
Just finished the finale myself, and agree it was satisfying.

The future soldiers definitely didn't look mo-capped, they looked hand animated to me, which is why I think they looked so bad. That bugged me in the season premiere too.

SPOILERS BELOW

As soon as Kellogg killed the chick, I knew she was going to be his daughter. So cruel!

I knew the ending wouldn't be all perfect and neat, so once I saw it was the "good" future, I first figured she or her kid wasn't going to exist now or would be different, so once I saw the kid and he grabbed her arm, I realized that in this timeline she shouldn't have left in the first place and what was happening. Such a bitter sweet ending, but so fitting.

Old Alec did a great job of switching personality and feeling like the same Alec we knew from the past instead of the future Alec we've seen previously.

^agree 100%.   I was thinking the whole time "But there should already be a Kiera in this timeline".  Low and behold, Kiera shows up.  It was a quick and tidy wrap up.  I was thinking that Vasquez might have actually been Kellog's mom, not daughter - not young Kellog's actual mom (since the timeline had changed), but the person that was his mom in the original timeline young Kellog came from.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »
I'm not going to lie, I got something in my eye at the very end there.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2015, 10:47:09 PM »
I'm not gonna lie either, I didn't think it was THAT satisfying.   :D

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2015, 10:51:20 PM »
:lol It was more the show in general, and it ending, then the little thanks to the loyal fans at the end. I'm going to miss the show.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2015, 11:09:22 PM »
:lol It was more the show in general, and it ending, then the little thanks to the loyal fans at the end. I'm going to miss the show.

Agreed ... I was more  :sadpanda: than  :'(

Offline PetFish

« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2015, 08:57:33 PM »
Well, it certainly felt to me like everything was just crammed in.  I'm not stupid but I'm still confused by most of it.

It's really sad that it didn't get the audience to be able to continue but then I see commercials for "Season 5 of WhateverShow" that I've never even heard of so, wtf.

Buh-bye Vancouver starring as Vancouver.  We hardly knew ye.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2015, 08:51:04 AM »
Well, I feel satisfied as well. I would have loved for them to have enough time to develop the traveler's story because it seemed like a very interesting character and obviously one of the main pieces of the story but given that they only had 6 episodes to finish this I think they made the best they could.

I will miss this show.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2015, 07:26:25 AM »
Nice ending. Not so all happy but that made it better.  Glad to see Kellogg get his due.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2015, 07:52:19 AM »
Nice ending. Not so all happy but that made it better.  Glad to see Kellogg get his due.

Hopefully they put him on a spit like the Ewok's did to Skywalker and Solo.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2015, 07:47:12 PM »
Catching up on the last 6 episodes. I love Emily.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2016, 01:05:09 PM »
Anyone feel like taking a bit of their time to summarize this final season for me...and let me know how it all panned out? I'm getting all my cable equipment replaced tomorrow and have the season DVR'd but there's no way I'll be able to watch it by then. Just haven't been able to get to it.

Really just curious as to who the 'traveler' was, did Kiera get back to her kid....was the old Alec who sent Kiera in the first place 'the' Alec that she knew? Kind of bummed I won't be able to watch it as I can't find it anywhere online.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2016, 04:28:46 PM »
Looks like they're still on showcase.ca.  They might block it from non Canadian IP addresses, so you may need something like HOLA VPN plug-in for your browser.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2016, 07:54:25 PM »
Looks like they're still on showcase.ca.  They might block it from non Canadian IP addresses, so you may need something like HOLA VPN plug-in for your browser.

Thanks Chad..

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2016, 08:33:34 PM »
you're right....gonna need to do some circumventing.....

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2016, 08:37:47 PM »

Hola is your friend. 

https://hola.org

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2016, 09:31:16 AM »

Hola is your friend. 

https://hola.org

No....you are....you are my Canadian buddy bud......:hug:

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2016, 10:34:45 AM »
That's so gay cute
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants.