Author Topic: Chances of more UK shows in the second European leg?  (Read 4153 times)

Offline COB55

Chances of more UK shows in the second European leg?
« on: April 01, 2014, 05:05:56 AM »
Just wondering what people think are the chances of them playing more shows in the UK other than Sonisphere in their second European leg in July / August. Have all European dates been announced already or have the band confirmed that there will be more?

Thanks!

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
Re: Chances of more UK shows in the second European leg?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 04:10:22 PM »
No confirmation either way - I suspect there will be one more UK show, by way of a warmup for Sonisphere, but I can't confirm anything yet.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 05:18:55 AM »
I certainly hope they do. I've got no intention of going to Sonisphere just to see DT. If they do change the set-list for the second leg (they should) I'll be well miffed if I don't get to see it. I did think about going to Paris just in case , but I'm going to see Pearl Jam the next day so it wasn't really practicable (or affordable). A third European leg seems unlikely.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline krands85

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 06:29:19 AM »
I certainly hope they do. I've got no intention of going to Sonisphere just to see DT. If they do change the set-list for the second leg (they should) I'll be well miffed if I don't get to see it. I did think about going to Paris just in case , but I'm going to see Pearl Jam the next day so it wasn't really practicable (or affordable). A third European leg seems unlikely.
Even with Metallica, Iron Maiden, Deftones, Mastodon, Tesseract and 65daysofstatic also all playing, I've still no interest in going to a festival  :lol Would love to see Maiden and Metallica tbf, but I've seen the other bands I mentioned before.

I already travelled down to Manchester for DT last month though, not sure I'd go even if they announced a warmup gig or anything. Not unless they made some big changes to the setlist anyway.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 09:56:46 AM »
Saw Maiden do their Maiden England show at the O2 last year, so no real pressing need to see it again. A few years ago I'd have been first in line to see Metallica, these days, not so much.

Festivals are a great place to go for the atmosphere, etc, but they're a terrible place to actually see/hear a band.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 10:50:51 PM »
I hear somewhere that if a band gets booked for Sonisphere, they cannot play any other gigs in the UK around that time period (two months, I think).  I don't know how true that is though.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 10:40:56 AM »
Not true because The Winery Dogs are doing exactly that.

Offline rbht

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 09:21:47 AM »
Sheffield City Hall (an amazing all seated venue with great sound) has been announced for the night before their Sonisphere show. Saturday 5th July.

Offline krands85

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 01:06:22 PM »
Damn, I was only going to consider going to any other UK shows if the setlist was altered and I liked the look of it. But this seems to be the first show of the second European leg, so we won't know what the set will be beforehand. Even if they add a few more dates just before this, the transport and hotel costs will probably be too high to justify me going if booking that late. 
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 02:29:23 AM »
Sheffield City Hall July 5