Author Topic: 2014-07-29 - Festivalna Hall - Sofia, Bulgaria  (Read 1685 times)

Offline hipodilski

2014-07-29 - Festivalna Hall - Sofia, Bulgaria
« on: August 02, 2014, 08:39:16 AM »
I'm surprised there isn't a topic already, I guess there's nobody else from BG around here.

Anyway, this was my 8th DT show (first with MM) and I can safely say I enjoyed it better than all the others so far. It has been said a million times already but the band sounds so very much together now, and they are visibly having a great time on stage, especially James.

Setlist was the usual one, no surprises there. But new arrangements of the old songs (namely SDV) were absolutely mindblowing.

Words cannot express how glad I am that my favourite band has endured so much and is still going stronger than ever.

Here are some photos I took, hope you like them:
https://photo.arrakis-studio.net/2014-07-29_dream-theater

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
Re: 2014-07-29 - Festivalna Hall - Sofia, Bulgaria
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 01:52:43 PM »
Those are great pictures!  Thanks for sharing. :tup

Offline mioist

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 02:45:54 AM »
Hello from Bulgaria! I was at the concert, too. It was only the 3rd time I have seen the band live in our small country but I never doubted for a second that we will get a show of the highest quality! What a show indeed! Even though I knew the setlist beforehand, I was hoping they would not change anything because it already seemed so perfect to me. The crowd was insanely LOUUDDD and the guys totally felt the positive vibe coming from us. Everyone was screaming and shouting and singing along. I really hope our enthusiasm made up for the ugly hall in which the concert took place.
The first time I saw them was in Sofia during the World Tourbulence in 2002. If I told you they weren't as good as now, I'd be lying. But the new show totally kicked ass. I was looking forward to Illumination Theory as I was dying to see how it sounds live and, as I excepted, it sounded even more majestic. The two other highlights I can think of are Space Dye Vest and Finally Free. Especially the parts where James sings on a much higher key than in the studio. Now I come to think of it, this guy is a MONSTER! An amazing frontman with an out-of-this-world voice. I have no idea how James pulls off a 3-hour show on such a tight schedule. Maybe that's why he is there on stage and we are not lol :))) Can't wait for the new Blu-Ray from this tour!

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 09:52:28 AM »
Great review!

When I saw them back in June I was really impressed with the sound. Loud but it didn't hurt.

And you are spot on about JLB. It's often overlooked how impressive it is that he sings those songs night after night. It's easier for him to have an off night as his vocal chords and as controllable as hands and fingers.
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer