Author Topic: Jordan Rudess Online Concert March 16, 2014 - Setlist and Review  (Read 1415 times)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

Here's the setlist for Jordan's private show from his house, which wrapped earlier today.  This show was part of his Pledge campaign to fund his Explorations and  All That Is Now solo projects, and tickets to attend cost $75.  So it was a very intimate experience -- only about ten people logged on to do live chat (I estimate probably about another 20+ viewing who were not logged in).  Most of the songs were played for the first time from his new All That Is Now album.  Also, for the first time Jordan played Explorations with an orchestral accompaniment (backing tracks).   Jordan stepped away from his steinway for one song --  Illumination Theory, which he played in its entirety on his Kronos keyboard (also with backing tracks)   Setlist:

Improvisation
Explorations - Movement 1
A Last Goodbye
State of Being
Eye Wonder (w/ Hollow Years segment)
Flash of Hope
Illumination Theory
(question and answer section)
Spectral Haze (w/ Spirit Carries On segment)

Total time = 1 hour 15 mins

Jordan answered a few questions from the viewers - mostly stuff we DTFers were already familiar with ("same setlist in NA?" "What are your inspirations?" etc.).  He didn't do this segment during his last two online performances, so I really didn't have a question prepared.  Great interactive experience -- Jordan acknowledged my comments, and those of the other participants.  Needless to say, his performance was simply breathtaking. 

Also, the mammoth synth module used for Octavarium made a cameo appearance in the background.  Nice to see it (and all its glorious plugs) still kicking around. 

Offline Tim van Duijn

Re: Jordan Rudess Online Concert March 16, 2014 - Setlist and Review
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 03:16:15 PM »
Here's the setlist for Jordan's private show from his house, which wrapped earlier today.  This show was part of his Pledge campaign to fund his Explorations and  All That Is Now solo projects, and tickets to attend cost $75.  So it was a very intimate experience -- only about ten people logged on to do live chat (I estimate probably about another 20+ viewing who were not logged in).  Most of the songs were played for the first time from his new All That Is Now album.  Also, for the first time Jordan played Explorations with an orchestral accompaniment (backing tracks).   Jordan stepped away from his steinway for one song --  Illumination Theory, which he played in its entirety on his Kronos keyboard (also with backing tracks)   Setlist:

Improvisation
Explorations - Movement 1
A Last Goodbye
State of Being
Eye Wonder (w/ Hollow Years segment)
Flash of Hope
Illumination Theory
(question and answer section)
Spectral Haze (w/ Spirit Carries On segment)

Total time = 1 hour 15 mins

Jordan answered a few questions from the viewers - mostly stuff we DTFers were already familiar with ("same setlist in NA?" "What are your inspirations?" etc.).  He didn't do this segment during his last two online performances, so I really didn't have a question prepared.  Great interactive experience -- Jordan acknowledged my comments, and those of the other participants.  Needless to say, his performance was simply breathtaking. 

Also, the mammoth synth module used for Octavarium made a cameo appearance in the background.  Nice to see it (and all its glorious plugs) still kicking around.

I'm sure it was a very special performance, but 75$ for a 1hr 15 minute concert? Too much if you ask me.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

Re: Jordan Rudess Online Concert March 16, 2014 - Setlist and Review
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 11:38:31 PM »
Yeah, but the monies paid went to financing the recording of his project, so I looked at it like a kickstarter donation toward I cause I FULLY support.  Plus, I knew the steep prices would keep it an intimate affair, which made it a more personal interactive experience.  Worth every penny, plus I'm very satisfied with the CD's and DVD's that were a result of the campaign.