Author Topic: Will there definitely be a second US leg?  (Read 6859 times)

Offline Grizz

Re: Will there definitely be a second US leg?
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2014, 03:55:53 PM »
time to break a bit from the formula, listen to some other music...
DREAM THEATER fan LUCIEN has announced that he he is leaving the band's fanbase after 25 years because he grows tired of the write/record/tour/break/tour cycle.
"Listen to some other music," he told them. "[It's] time to break... the formula."
Source: Blabbermouth
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2014, 06:16:15 PM »
 :lol

I was saying I didn't mind if they ended up taking longer than 2 years to make another album.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »
Never.

They're touring schedule has always been "weird", and it looks even worse this tour. I mean, a two month layoff between the US dates and a return to Europe in July? :tdwn Add that to the fact that they did a relatively short North American tour, I just can't see how this band makes any money! :omg:

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2014, 06:54:49 AM »
For what it's worth, I got a chance to chat with Jordan at an event in NYC two weeks ago, and he told me that there is going to be another North American leg when I asked.
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2014, 04:50:27 PM »
Never.

They're touring schedule has always been "weird", and it looks even worse this tour. I mean, a two month layoff between the US dates and a return to Europe in July? :tdwn Add that to the fact that they did a relatively short North American tour, I just can't see how this band makes any money! :omg:

Of course they make money you silly person.  They are older with families now and they can afford the luxury of breaks between legs of the tours.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bluehaze1933

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2014, 05:00:42 PM »
For what it's worth, I got a chance to chat with Jordan at an event in NYC two weeks ago, and he told me that there is going to be another North American leg when I asked.

You wouldn't be pulling our leg would ya? Did he say anything about the South as part of that tour and whether it will be An Evening with...show? This gives me hope. Thanks.

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2014, 07:02:11 PM »
I wouldn't worry about DT13 being late, DTs release schedule has been far too consistent. Of course it's possible it doesn't get made until 2016 but if we're to base anything on their history, they never take longer than 3 years even when shits going down. But I'm fairly confident DT13 will probably show up late next year.

What I'm not very confident about is if DT will pop over to New Zealand during the Asia leg. I wonder how they felt about coming here, because I know the people at the concert obviously loved it and that's all that matters. But I do remember seeing some nonsense on the news about them at the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfiqmYEYfW8

No wonder they haven't come back.  :lol

Offline Milzinga

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2014, 11:22:22 AM »
I posted about this a while back but when I saw them in Vancouver last month, JLB said that they plan on coming back "early 2015".

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2014, 09:50:37 PM »

Pfffff, 18 shows in the US seems plenty compared other bands that does only 11 headlining shows and a few festivals.  Hopefully, if there is a 2nd US leg, they would hit the areas that they did not hit the first time, but the timing has to be right in that end though.