Author Topic: 2014-07-26 - Budapest Park - Budapest, HUN  (Read 5140 times)

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
2014-07-26 - Budapest Park - Budapest, HUN
« on: March 10, 2014, 09:47:37 AM »
Dream Theater return to Hungary in July.

Offline CharlesPL

Re: 2014-07-26 - Budapest Park - Budapest, HUN
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 10:06:55 AM »
I'll be there.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:17:43 PM »
That's interesting, I traveled to Vienna this year to see them just because there wasn't a Budapest date. And even though that was the best move I could have made, this is a great opportunity to see them again this year. However, there's quite a chance that I'll be spending a couple of weeks in Germany during that time, so yeah, it probably won't happen. Time will tell.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 06:39:39 AM »
I actually pulled it off - this was my 5th Dream Theater concert and the best one so far, without the doubt. Was anybody else there?

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 04:45:32 AM »
I was there, it was my first DT concert and I've been a fan for 10 years and a hardcore one for 3, so you can imagine the buildup. They lived up to and exceeded all my expectations on every level, I couldn't have been happier with the experience. The performance, the interactions with the crowd, the YouTube videos during the break were all top-notch and created a very family-like atmosphere.

I was surprised by how great everything sounded, it was by far the best sounding outdoors concert I've ever been to. Everything was crisp and clear with plenty of breathing room, which is quite a feat considering that I was standing in the 4th row, a little to the left. Granted, it was pretty quiet by outdoor concerts standards, I only had tinnitus for a couple of hours after the show and usually I get it for 1-2 days. That's not a complaint though, they nailed both the volume and the mix. It sounded like a million bucks.

The drum sound was bombastic, and the cymbals were mixed really loud, every single china hit was bone crushing and sent chills down my spine. Mangini hits really hard and it was good to finally see him interpret some parts. With a powerful live drum sound like this I really hope they won't screw it up for the DVD and we'll finally get a drum sound everyone's happy with.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.