Author Topic: 2014-04-05 - Chicago Theatre - Chicago, IL  (Read 11996 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2014-04-05 - Chicago Theatre - Chicago, IL
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2014, 10:51:47 PM »
As for the orchestral bit in IT, I loved it.  I actually stood there with my arms folded behind my back and eyes closed and just let the music wash over me during that section.  Very surreal. :hefdaddy

I love this part so much that I clipped it out and will have it playing in the background during my wedding on Saturday!   ;D

That's pretty sweet. :tup :tup

Yeah, I forgot to mention the sound, but I was more than pleasantly surprised by it.  Not only was the volume just right (not too loud, although if you were near the front on either side, I suspect being in front of those huge wall of speakers might not have been fun :lol)

Speak for yourself man.  I was about two rows behind the stage left speakers and I thought the sound was great, although probably a little low for my tastes.  JM and MM were a little low in the mix. 

I just don't dig when I can hear peoples conversations over the music.  Fortunately, unlike some people, i didn't have a problem with that except in one short spot in the show.  I guess the guys behind me just got excited about something and started talking about it but stopped after 30 seconds or so.

I'd rather bass and drums being a touch too low in a live mix than a touch too high, as a tough too high can result in a very muddy sound.  Besides, I didn't have a problem with the sound at all the other day.  With regards to convos being heard over music, that was possible the other day when it was quiet parts of songs, but that is pretty normal.  I would hate for a mellow part of a song to be so loud that even that drowns out any conversation (of which is annoying either way, as people should shut the hell up and listen to the music, damn it!).

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2014, 04:40:04 PM »
Good point.

Offline HoboDelta

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
Has anyone received there photos take. With the band yet?  It's been almost 3 months.  I was wondering if I am missing out on anything.  I never got an email with a picture or anything

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2014, 01:05:53 AM »
I didn't do the meet and greet but typically they have a website and you need to access it.  You should have received that info from the M&G.  My friend was at the chicago M&G and he got his picture the day after or something. 

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2014, 03:47:47 AM »
EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread. The ending 05 confused me  :lol
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:10:53 AM by wasteland »
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco