Author Topic: Official KISS thread  (Read 50340 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Official KISS thread
« Reply #630 on: December 05, 2023, 05:55:08 PM »
That Mark St. John truly is tragic. I like his work on Animalize, that's such an underrated record.

100% agree, I love it! Saw them twice on that tour with Bruce Kulick. I remember the first show on that tour I went to, I hear the beginning of Detroit Rock City starting.... The band comes up from behind Eric Carr and I said wait! That's not Mark St. John?!?! I was so confused and bummed as I wasn't  aware of what was going on with Mark. Nonetheless it was an amazing show and Bruce won me over easy.

I had a similar experience.  "Man, he's a lot taller than... wait...."

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #631 on: December 08, 2023, 04:02:26 PM »
Yeah but who's actually playing? is the music recorded live once in stop motion and then played back? is it a cinema like experience or a concert experience? if you go to an actual show what you're gonna see on stage?

My guess is that the musicians would be off-stage and you get the KISS avatars "performing."  So live music to a video.  Or the musicians get to be on stage, maybe in costume(?) and playing along to the avatars.  I think it's lame, but I get what the band is going for.

The ABBA thing is like this. It's not obvious at first, as the band is hidden in the dark initially so you think it's a backing track but are then revealed early in the set. It's a fantastic reveal too. They sound incredible and the live band really makes it afaic.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #632 on: April 04, 2024, 04:15:27 PM »
I'm shocked that Stads didn't put in an offer.

https://loudwire.com/kiss-sell-catalog-name-logo-makeup-rights/
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #633 on: April 05, 2024, 06:09:45 AM »
I'm shocked that Stads didn't put in an offer.

https://loudwire.com/kiss-sell-catalog-name-logo-makeup-rights/

Well, I did, but apparently $96.54 and the size of the stage in my backyard weren't enough to spark any interest.