Author Topic: Official KISS thread  (Read 50390 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Official KISS thread?
« Reply #455 on: June 28, 2022, 04:30:30 PM »
I just listened to Five To One, and holy shit what a fucking dreadful tune that is, and I can't find anything that remotely resembles the end of Let Me Know. Can someone timestamp what I'm supposed to hear?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #456 on: June 28, 2022, 05:14:36 PM »
1:12-1:32…not in the ‘coda’, but in the ‘She’ instrumental if I’m not mistaken
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #457 on: June 29, 2022, 06:07:19 AM »
It's just the guitar solo of "She", not "Let Me Know".  The coda of "Let Me Know" was used as the coda to "She" live for a long time (you can hear that on Alive!). 

EDIT:  And then, like I said, Mike McCready quotes it again in the Pearl Jam song "Alive".  (McCready is a huge Kiss and UFO fan, by the way; he plays in a UFO cover band on the side.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 06:39:56 AM by Stadler »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #458 on: June 29, 2022, 06:14:08 AM »
Oh ok. I'm going to check it out this morning..

EDIT: Ok I hear it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 08:24:41 AM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #459 on: June 29, 2022, 08:21:32 AM »
It's just the guitar solo of "She", not "Let Me Know".  The coda of "Let Me Know" was used as the coda to "She" live for a long time (you can hear that on Alive!). 

EDIT:  And then, like I said, Mike McCready quotes it again in the Pearl Jam song "Alive".  (McCready is a huge Kiss and UFO fan, by the way; he plays in a UFO cover band on the side.)

Yes...I remember the quote well!

McCready was especially impressed by Kiss’ Ace Frehley. “I really gravitated towards his vibrato. My lead for ‘Alive’ is based on ‘She,”’ and that’s based on ‘Five to One’ by The Doors,” he said. “She” was a track from Dressed to Kill. McCready added “I remember we were in Surrey, England. I thought about it like, ‘I’m going to approach this like Ace did on “She.”’ And I remember the chord pattern that Stone [Gossard] wrote lent it to that kind of a descending pattern. So I kind for went with it. And then I improvised from there.” Rolling Stone reports McCready once said he “copied” the riff from “She.”

And while we are on the topic, I realize that the Doors have failed to garner the same critical reevaluation that many of their peers have enjoyed (I recently read an article where the author referred to the Doors as a 'necessary phase' that teens inevitably grow out of), but for my money, the Doors have one of the most potent catalogs out there.

Obviously, I am only referring to the six Morrison releases, but I routinly revisit those albums and remain impressed to this day. That said, I may be an outlier in that I never 'grow out' of anything, especially bands. All of the music I loved at 13 I still love, and I've only added to that pile in the ensuing years.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #460 on: June 29, 2022, 09:47:16 AM »
Is there a good reason for the question mark in the thread title to remain?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #461 on: June 29, 2022, 09:50:37 AM »
I wouldn't think so.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #462 on: June 29, 2022, 01:02:24 PM »
I wouldn't think so.
Good enough for me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Glasser

Re: Official KISS thread
« Reply #463 on: June 29, 2022, 03:07:53 PM »
Paul Stanley is my favorite rock star of all time, period! No one to me captured a crowd like Paul. His unique vocal tone and ability is unmatched. Listen to I'll Fight Hell To Hold You, his upper vocal register in incredible. I love every Kiss album even Carnival of Souls. Yes, The Elder too! The Elder is top 10 for me. Favorite album is Rock And Roll Over.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2022, 06:51:16 PM »
Paul Stanley is my favorite rock star of all time, period! No one to me captured a crowd like Paul. His unique vocal tone and ability is unmatched. Listen to I'll Fight Hell To Hold You, his upper vocal register in incredible. I love every Kiss album even Carnival of Souls. Yes, The Elder too! The Elder is top 10 for me. Favorite album is Rock And Roll Over.

Elder in your top 10?!?

Be still my heart, where have you been?

Offline Glasser

« Reply #465 on: June 29, 2022, 07:38:58 PM »

Elder in your top 10?!?

I don't understand how a lot of fans consider it an outlier??? The Oath is a top 10 all time! Odyssey, A World Without Heroes, Dark Light! Heeelllo!!! Lets not forget the 4 unreleased songs from Killers! I'm A Legend Tonight and Nowhere To Run are also faves of mine!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2022, 08:00:38 PM »
Nowhere To Run is a great song. I love a lot of the Paul songs from that period. Tomorrow is another great one.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2022, 08:17:02 PM »
Killer songs there and all top vocal performances ................Nowhere To Run (possibly my No1 KISS song)  , I'm A Legend Tonight and I'll Fight Hell To Hold You.  All those songs would be in my top 20-30 from KISS.   I've said before that Killers was the only album I owned from the age 8-11yo and those bonus tracks are just about my favourite KISS sound - mixing the classic sound with the heavier side that was to come with Creatures.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #468 on: June 29, 2022, 08:20:04 PM »
Kiss= Killers= awesome

Offline Glasser

« Reply #469 on: June 30, 2022, 02:14:03 AM »
Nowhere To Run is a great song. I love a lot of the Paul songs from that period. Tomorrow is another great one.

I love all of Unmasked. I had the small bubble gum record of Unmasked, remember that?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #470 on: June 30, 2022, 06:39:17 AM »

Elder in your top 10?!?

I don't understand how a lot of fans consider it an outlier??? The Oath is a top 10 all time! Odyssey, A World Without Heroes, Dark Light! Heeelllo!!! Lets not forget the 4 unreleased songs from Killers! I'm A Legend Tonight and Nowhere To Run are also faves of mine!

Rock And Roll Over is at any given time my favorite Kiss album too (Hotter Than Hell sometimes takes it's place).   I too am a fan of The Elder; the only song I don't like is Mr. Blackwell; that blows.  But the "Only You/Under The Rose" segment is as good as anything in their catalogue.  Yeah, I said it. 

I agree on Paul; the only caveat is, he's a different front man with the makeup and without.  When the makeup came off, it went from suggestive innuendo to something more bold and direct and there were a slight few times when he went too far with the "dirty".  Not that it mattered to me, necessarily, but it was different than the sort of escapist fantasy of the makeup years.  Small quibble though; I've seen Kiss too many times, and while I've seen the guitar players stumble (Ace is sometimes sloppy, Vinnie was a trainwreck at times), I've seen the worst performance I've ever seen from a big name drummer (Peter Criss on the final tour with Aerosmith; embarassingly bad), and even Gene fumble (I've seen his "flying" rig fail TWICE, and he blew the words to Let Me Go Rock and Roll at MSG at their homecoming show on the reunion tour, though for me that was a cool real world moment) but I can't name ONE TIME that Paul was anything less than really good. Even the last tour I saw where his voice wasn't what it was, it was still better than a lot of big name acts out there.  When I saw them in the '83, '84 time frame, his voice was unparalleled. 

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #471 on: June 30, 2022, 06:52:33 AM »

Elder in your top 10?!?

Rock And Roll Over is at any given time my favorite Kiss album too (Hotter Than Hell sometimes takes it's place).   I too am a fan of The Elder; the only song I don't like is Mr. Blackwell; that blows.  But the "Only You/Under The Rose" segment is as good as anything in their catalogue.  Yeah, I said it. 

I agree on Paul; the only caveat is, he's a different front man with the makeup and without.  When the makeup came off, it went from suggestive innuendo to something more bold and direct and there were a slight few times when he went too far with the "dirty".  Not that it mattered to me, necessarily, but it was different than the sort of escapist fantasy of the makeup years.  Small quibble though; I've seen Kiss too many times, and while I've seen the guitar players stumble (Ace is sometimes sloppy, Vinnie was a trainwreck at times), I've seen the worst performance I've ever seen from a big name drummer (Peter Criss on the final tour with Aerosmith; embarassingly bad), and even Gene fumble (I've seen his "flying" rig fail TWICE, and he blew the words to Let Me Go Rock and Roll at MSG at their homecoming show on the reunion tour, though for me that was a cool real world moment) but I can't name ONE TIME that Paul was anything less than really good. Even the last tour I saw where his voice wasn't what it was, it was still better than a lot of big name acts out there.  When I saw them in the '83, '84 time frame, his voice was unparalleled.

I think, largly because of my age (I'm turning 42 soon), my Kiss-fandom was placed at such a disadvantage.

My first Kiss show was back 96, on the first reunion tour—I saw them several times between then and 1999, and then I decided to hang back (once Ace was out, I lost interest in paying to see them. I love Tommy, but I'd had my fill of $200 concert tickets).

That all said, my top-3 Kiss albums are R&R Over, Revenge, and 'insert album here'...I would give anything to be able to go back in time to '76 or '92 and see either version of the band at what I consider their peak.

The first few reunion tours were great, but I still feel like I missed out.

As for Paul—I'm with Stadler all the way. Not only does he 'bring it,' but he (and Gene as well) WANT to bring it. They care so much about the show they are putting on. Find me a picture of an out-of-shape, beer-bellied Paul—you can't, because the man has taken care of himself (and his voice). There are far too many frontmen who've let their health go by the wayside, but in that regard, I feel like twilight-years KISS has always been a cut above.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #472 on: June 30, 2022, 07:14:31 AM »
Vince Neil says hello: 

I've told this story before:  2014, took my kid to see Kiss for the first time.  16th row.  Def Leppard was really good and Kiss started out... okay. I could tell my kid was like "I get it, this is good, but that Def Leppard was REALLY good!" (She might have said something about Phil's abs too).  Then Gene's rig failed; he was lifted like three feet off the stage and it got stuck.  Fucking Spinal Tap.  After the song (God of Thunder) Gene went over to the side of the stage and was barking at the roadies; you could tell he was pissed. He went then to each of the other members and was barking at them too.   

And it was amazing; you could SENSE the band kicking it into a higher gear.  Even my kid was like "Dad, what happened? It's like a different band!"  The last five songs - Calling Dr. Love, Love Gun, Black Diamond, Detroit Rock City, and Rock and Roll All Nite - were as good as any versions of them I've ever seen.   End of the show, my kid posts a picture of the stage blowing up (with the confetti, during RnRAN) and says "Greatest night of my life!"   

I attribute that to Gene.  He didn't want to be embarrassed and he didn't want to phone it in.  I've met both Gene and Paul (twice each) and they were, both times, kind and generous people who made you feel like you MATTERED.  They were present. They could sell anything they want - Kiss suppositories - for all I care, it's the fan side that matters to me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #473 on: June 30, 2022, 09:54:18 AM »
Having just seen Vince Neil, and Axl Rose last year, I can easily agree that for all the shit Kiss gets, those guys do put in the effort over some of their peers.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #474 on: June 30, 2022, 10:08:07 AM »
Having just seen Vince Neil, and Axl Rose last year, I can easily agree that for all the shit Kiss gets, those guys do put in the effort over some of their peers.

Is Vince still just singing the first and last words of each line?   (Not kidding)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #475 on: June 30, 2022, 10:12:10 AM »

Is Vince still just singing the first and last words of each line?   (Not kidding)

I could hardly make out any words  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #476 on: July 01, 2022, 07:02:40 AM »
Saw Ace Frehley at Toad's Place last night.   Not the first time I've seen him solo (third, I think) but probably the last. 

Look, Kiss is iconic to me.  I love them unconditionally, except Peter, and anytime you get 90 minutes of straight up live Kiss music, it's not a bad thing.  But it might not have been a good thing, either.  He's using Gene Simmons' band (more on that later) which is great, because those guys are really good and their enthusiasm is infectious, but I think based on what I saw, Ace's time has passed.   

First, the club seats 700, 750.  They had seats (first time I've ever seen that) and so there was only about 300, maybe 350 people there.   The opening band now has the record for the worst opener I've ever seen.  Sweet Sienna, they are produced by Matt Starr (Ace's drummer) and they sucked.  One guy playing keyboards and one guy on guitar.  I think they played four songs, one was a cover of "Simple Man" by Skynyrd that was basically the keyboard/singer doing a solo bit.  Unfortunately, his voice wasn't unique or powerful enough to carry that endeavor, and I spent more time watching the guitar player who walked around his side of the stage what looked like looking for his pick.  He played acoustic guitar on one song, and electric on another, and it was horrible.  Starr joined them for the last song and it wasn't enough.  During the middle, the singer literally name dropped like 15 people that allegedly played on their new album, including George Lynch, John Corabi, Joel Hoekstra and Jack Russell.  Could have fooled me.

Ace came out right at nine, and hit it off with "Rip It Out".  That, "New York Groove" and "Rock Soldiers" were the only solo songs, the rest were Kiss.   As I noted, the band (two guitars, bass, and drums) is TIGHT; they are very good and they know their role (making their leader look good).  All three front men sing; each guitar player sang one song, and the bass player sang I think three songs.  Twice Ace started to sing and then pointed at the bass player then his throat; at the very end Ace's voice sounded shot, but most of the show it was okay. He's another guy that has taken to not exactly signing every word.   He proudly said he was 15 years sober, but most of the banter was such that if you told me he was wasted, I wouldn't have doubted you. He's an odd guy, for sure, but seemed odder than usual.

It's not Ace's fault - maybe it is - but his schtick doesn't work at the club level. He's not dynamic enough to project that he's destroying a club (though the band is; they rocked like it was Wembley Stadium and more power to them for that) and the guitar solo antics - smoking guitar - are sort of lame when you're standing 15 feet from him.  Ace came back after the solo and was all "I can't breath!" and rather than be funny, it was sort of... sad.  At least twice he left the stage and the band just kind of looked at each other and vamped, one time starting into "Love Theme From Kiss" from the first album.  It's on all the setlists, so the song was planned, but I don't get the sense that the gag was about Ace not being on stage.  As for before the show, we walked around and got a beer; the merch was lame; $50 for a one-sided t-shirt that wasn't really that cool, IMO.  He was selling signed guitars - a $400 Epiphone for $3500 signed with doodles; really cool, but out of my price range, frankly - and signed guitar straps for I think they were $350.  A couple people bought them; I saw at least two guitar cases go by and at least two straps.  He did hang around after the show for about an hour and a half for the meet and greet folks, which was cool, I guess (I wasn't one of them).

It was still an awesome time, though. Kiss is fun, and while the performance wasn't Kiss-level, the evening was.  I saw a couple friends I haven't seen in easily 20 years, which was good, and when we went out to the sidewalk, we struck up a conversation with Ace's guitar tech. He worked for Ted Nugent, Rick Nielson and Ace (among others) and was more than willing to share stories (apparently the "CreaturesFest" in Nashville was the most bizarre gig he's ever done, and like I said, he worked for Ted Nugent and Cheap Trick).  Some neat stories about Rick and Bun E. in particular (moral of the story: Rick is a shit stirrer!).  Ace's band came out and hung on the sidewalk for over an hour and a half.  I didn't talk to the drummer, but the three front men were awesome. The two guitar players are from Nashville, and my friend let slip that I'm going there next week as an anniversary thing and one of them (Ryan Cook) spent like 15 minutes walking me through what I should and should not do when I get there.  The other two (Jeremy Asbrock and Zack I don't know his last name) joined in and it was really cool.  Just fun, down to earth guys that get to tour with two of their idols.  At one point, Ace walked out to his car and we barely noticed (I did say "Thanks Ace!" and he sort of nodded, as he tried to avoid some dude with a solo record and Sharpie, while not falling off the curb into the side of his car; I'm not kidding you). 

Look, it was fun for what it was, a solid night out with solid hard rock, but it wasn't epic, and it wasn't that reminiscent of past glories; I can absolutely see why Paul and Gene wouldn't want this as part of their going away party. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #477 on: July 01, 2022, 11:38:39 AM »
I can absolutely see why Paul and Gene wouldn't want this as part of their going away party.

Gene did recently state that he doesn't think Ace has the stamina for a full Kiss show.  Based on what you wrote, that seems legit. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #478 on: July 01, 2022, 12:05:06 PM »
I can absolutely see why Paul and Gene wouldn't want this as part of their going away party.

Gene did recently state that he doesn't think Ace has the stamina for a full Kiss show.  Based on what you wrote, that seems legit.

From what I saw, he definitely does not.  It was 90 minutes, tops, and he looked frail by the third song. Add the boots and makeup into it, and I don't see it either.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #479 on: July 01, 2022, 06:03:49 PM »
What you've written, Stadler, basically confirms my worst fears.

Based off of what I've seen on youtube, Ace is well past his prime and despite what Eddie Trunk would have you believe, his basically sitting in with a far superior band. Up until now, I'd hoped that what I'd watched was just a convergence of bad recordings and off nights, but I respect your opinion (after all, you're a man who knows his KISStory) and if you say he's done, then I'm finally going to have to accept it.

Count me in a long line of guitarists who considers ACE to be one of my biggest musical heroes and an extremely prominent influence on my playing. I'm far from famous, but I've been around the block a time or three, and in all of the records I've played guitar on, I've always done my best to drop a bar or two from one of Ace's leads. No one (except a die-hard Kiss fan) would ever know the difference, but it always meant the world to me to be able to pay a little homage to the Space Man.

That all said, Jesus Christ does Ace's '78 solo album rip. Seriously, if you are reading this and you haven't listened to "Ace Frehley," drop all your preconceived notions and do yourself a favor and give that record a spin. To my ears, Ace was doing the Queens of the Stone Age stoner-rock schtick 20 years before Josh Homme.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #480 on: July 01, 2022, 07:20:32 PM »
What you've written, Stadler, basically confirms my worst fears.

Based off of what I've seen on youtube, Ace is well past his prime and despite what Eddie Trunk would have you believe, his basically sitting in with a far superior band. Up until now, I'd hoped that what I'd watched was just a convergence of bad recordings and off nights, but I respect your opinion (after all, you're a man who knows his KISStory) and if you say he's done, then I'm finally going to have to accept it.

Count me in a long line of guitarists who considers ACE to be one of my biggest musical heroes and an extremely prominent influence on my playing. I'm far from famous, but I've been around the block a time or three, and in all of the records I've played guitar on, I've always done my best to drop a bar or two from one of Ace's leads. No one (except a die-hard Kiss fan) would ever know the difference, but it always meant the world to me to be able to pay a little homage to the Space Man.

That all said, Jesus Christ does Ace's '78 solo album rip. Seriously, if you are reading this and you haven't listened to "Ace Frehley," drop all your preconceived notions and do yourself a favor and give that record a spin. To my ears, Ace was doing the Queens of the Stone Age stoner-rock schtick 20 years before Josh Homme.

EVERY SONG KICKS MAJOR ASS!

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #481 on: July 08, 2022, 07:36:51 AM »
The other two (Jeremy Asbrock and Zack I don't know his last name) joined in and it was really cool.  Just fun, down to earth guys that get to tour with two of their idols. 
Zach Throne (bassist) is from Bruce Kulick's KISS Kruise band.  He is awesome!  Traditionally, he handles all the Gene leads and does a phenomenal job.  If you haven't seen footage of Bruce's band, do yourself a favor and check it out.  It's Bruce and Zach along with Todd Kerns and Brent Fitz (ex-Union) from Slash's band.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #482 on: July 08, 2022, 09:46:17 AM »
The other two (Jeremy Asbrock and Zack I don't know his last name) joined in and it was really cool.  Just fun, down to earth guys that get to tour with two of their idols. 
Zach Throne (bassist) is from Bruce Kulick's KISS Kruise band.  He is awesome!  Traditionally, he handles all the Gene leads and does a phenomenal job.  If you haven't seen footage of Bruce's band, do yourself a favor and check it out.  It's Bruce and Zach along with Todd Kerns and Brent Fitz (ex-Union) from Slash's band.

Yes! He mentioned being on the Kruise as well as being in Nashville for the Creatures thing.   He was really good and really cool guy.  Took the time to speak with everyone (including the tool - not me - who claimed he could do what Zach did so if he needed stand in to hit him up).

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #483 on: July 15, 2022, 06:44:27 PM »
@ Stadler!!!

https://www.kissreplicas.com/products/kiss--the-demon-destroyer-official-costume-2.html
Only about $2500 for the whole thing!

I mean, you probably already have one.. ;D

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #484 on: July 15, 2022, 07:31:03 PM »
That's his anniversary costume.  He calls it, "The Destroyer."
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #485 on: July 15, 2022, 07:35:42 PM »
It's an extra $25 if you want the codpiece to come with a spike. :lol

Online Trav86

« Reply #486 on: July 15, 2022, 08:03:38 PM »
I’ve been able to get a couple of my kids into music that I like. But, nothing tops last October when I took my oldest son, 14 at the time, to see KISS. He didn’t know most of the songs, but it didn’t matter. He loved it, and we had an awesome time together, and something we’ll always remember. Now when I hear KISS, that’s what I think of.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Mladen

« Reply #487 on: July 16, 2022, 03:37:51 AM »
I finally got to see my first KISS show two days ago in Budapest. What a party. Gene and Ace truly are giants.  :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #488 on: July 16, 2022, 04:32:00 AM »
I finally got to see my first KISS show two days ago in Budapest. What a party. Gene and Ace truly are giants.  :metal

Gene and Paul?

I'm going in 5 weeks to see the show I bought tickets for in early 2019 ..............my son has grown about 2 feet since I bought him the tix  ::)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Mladen

« Reply #489 on: July 16, 2022, 08:23:42 AM »

Gene and Paul?

I'm going in 5 weeks to see the show I bought tickets for in early 2019 ..............my son has grown about 2 feet since I bought him the tix  ::)
How the hell did I come up with Ace?  :lol Paul, of course.