Author Topic: Concert timing question  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Android_D

Concert timing question
« on: March 09, 2014, 02:24:53 PM »
I plan on seeing Dream Theater on April 18 in Riverside, CA. Unfortunately, something has come up that night, but I think that I will still be able to see most, if not all, of the second half of the show. The show is scheduled for 7:00. I will hopefully be in the venue by 9:00. Taking into account the gap between 7:00 and when the show actually starts, the length of the first half, and the intermission, how much do you think I'll miss?

Offline Tim van Duijn

Re: Concert timing question
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 03:48:06 PM »
They are spot on on the schedule, so 19:00 is 19:00 and the show will already start on 18:59. The first set is 1hr and 15 minutes and with a 15 minute intermission. If you are in the venue at 21:00, you'll miss 30 minutes of the 2nd set.

Not that it is any of my business, but why can't you make it?

Offline Android_D

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 03:54:59 PM »
Hmm...I probably won't go if that's the case. And I can't make it because the 18th is Good Friday, and I am part of a church service that night. I didn't realize it was Good Friday when I bought the tickets, so it's not really so much that something has come up as it is I didn't look at the calendar carefully enough.  :-\

Offline Tim van Duijn

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 04:13:23 PM »
That's too bad man.. Every minute of seeing Dream Theater live is totally worth it but i can imagine you will feel disappointed by missing more than 50% of the set. Try to sell the tickets instead and buy tickets for another show in your area? There are still plenty available.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 04:18:27 PM »
The LA show is in the next day, you think you might make it there?  Oh wait, Easter Vigil is the next day as well unless you don't have to attend it that day?