Author Topic: 6 new constitutional amendments...  (Read 8479 times)

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 6 new constitutional amendments...
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2014, 01:41:05 PM »
Well I'll be damned. This is actually a really reasonable argument. I still can't get behind it since I think impairment should be the criterion, but it's a very interesting approach.

Good enough for me.   :lol
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2014, 02:38:16 PM »
Nobody ever sets out to get completely out of control drunk.

Being in college, I can assure you that plenty of people do. :lol

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »

I'm not in college, but I work with plenty of people whose main goal for an evening or weekend is to go out and get trashed. And not 'go out and have fun' but 'go out and get DRUNK.'

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2014, 08:08:46 PM »
Maybe some college kids, but I don't think they set out to get face down in their own puke drunk, or the spins, or unconscious for 20 hours drunk. My point is that people often get drunker than they plan, and that usually applies to the people who spend the night holding onto a tree to try and stop spinning (and my God does that suck!).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2014, 07:00:15 AM »
For sure.  And to expand on me rarely drinking anymore, because I rarely drink now, I have zero tolerance left, so I have no idea how much I can handle - although I know it's not much :lol - so it's not worth it for me to take that chance.
Yeah, same boat here. I'd cut way back on my drinking a few months before the transplant, and have only drank infrequently since then. Three beers is a very nice buzz for me now. As I quite enjoy a nice buzz, it's actually pretty bad ass AFAIC.

I don't know if I have a freak thing going on or something, but since I stopped drinking often, I can't get drunk. I'll go several weeks without having a single beer these days. In January, I had two instances of open bar, I couldn't get drunk either time, no matter how many whiskey sours and long islands I had. Last Saturday I drank ten beers over a 2.5 hour period and felt nothing.

Yes they do  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2014, 09:38:25 AM »

Yeah, no shit.  Come on, EB, you aren't old enough to be that naive.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »
Maybe some college kids, but I don't think they set out to get face down in their own puke drunk, or the spins, or unconscious for 20 hours drunk. My point is that people often get drunker than they plan, and that usually applies to the people who spend the night holding onto a tree to try and stop spinning (and my God does that suck!).
If there really are people who set out for the evening looking to be puking by midnight and passed out in the neighbor's Buick by 1, then I stand corrected. I guess times really have changed and people really are as stupid as I've been suggesting all of these years. Personally, I think most people set out looking to get hammered, but still minimally functional. That was always our plan. Hell, I cite 20% as my preferred level of functionality for a good concert buzz.  :lol 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Lost within a world I chose to hide
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »
I actually agree with EB.  The key to getting drunk in America is to be simultaneously "totally fucking wasted" and "totally in control" at the same time.  It's weird.  It's borderline Orwellian.
We must learn to rise above the past
Before we can at last
Begin again