Author Topic: The Batman Arkham Knight Thread  (Read 906 times)

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
The Batman Arkham Knight Thread
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:35:43 AM »
So Rocksteady released the awesome trailer of the newest Arkham game franchise but it's going to be the finale of the series *sad face* Overall the trailer looks amazing :o Specially Thomas Wayne monologue that made me tear a bit.

Enjoy!

In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever

Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise. The addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City

What do you guy's think? Finally a reason to get me a PS4  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f74AQUeXfBY

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: The Batman Arkham Knight Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 01:35:32 PM »
This looks amazing, but then again it was entirely cinematic so...can't really speak for the game itself. But I'm confident it'll be great since (thankfully) Rock Steady is holding the reins again. But I gotta say, I've never been a fan of driving sequences in games that aren't 'racing/driving' games per se. They've always felt forced and a burden to me. I mean yeah, the Batmobile is an entirely different experience but I hope they don't focus much of the gameplay or missions on driving around the city...you can only do so much with driving, even if it is the Batmobile... Kind of makes me nervous that it's a main bullet point for the game's experience. "DRIVE THE BATMOBILE" ....er... sweet... ? I dunno, I'll hold judgement till I see it in action and there's a lot they could do to spice it up but I really don't want that to be a main aspect of the game. It's one of those things I can see myself freaking out over for about three to five minutes.

But other than that, nothing but excite.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 02:01:35 PM »
Very excited!!
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 10:52:35 PM »
I hope Kevin Conroy is set to return to voice Bats!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 02:27:27 AM »
So was it just Origins that wasn't made by Rocksteady?

I got the first two games in a humble bundle sale but haven't got round to playing them yet. Really must do that and get caught up on the series!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 10:33:02 AM »
Correct, and many people, myself included, thought it was mostly garbage. As a standalone game, it's not all that bad, but for being a game that came from the first two...it was a huge step back in almost every way, in my bumble opinion. I'm really glad that RS is back in the driver's seat because both the Arkham games are amazingly fun, especially City.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 02:57:35 PM »
I felt that Origins was a fun game, especially the detective case sequences, and I loved the Joker storyline, but no where the playability of Asylum or City. Arkham City remains my all time favorite game. Origins was nearly a one and done for me. I'll revisit it near the release date of Arkham Knight.

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »

Yep, I've loved all of the Batman games so far, but Origins wasn't quite as good as the first two. The first two were tough acts to follow, so I can give Origins
a pass on being just "okay".

One thing they really need to correct - the excruciating process of unlocking shit in the game. Holy fuck!! I didn't even bother unlocking the extra costumes in Origins.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 09:33:03 PM »
Correct, and many people, myself included, thought it was mostly garbage. As a standalone game, it's not all that bad, but for being a game that came from the first two...it was a huge step back in almost every way, in my bumble opinion. I'm really glad that RS is back in the driver's seat because both the Arkham games are amazingly fun, especially City.
Massive cars!

Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 10:47:50 PM »
I never noticed how much the cars made Batman looked like an action figure toy. Points for aesthetics, WB Montrael...