Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 279406 times)

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Re: NFL thread 2014
« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2014, 06:05:54 PM »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #316 on: April 23, 2014, 06:12:10 PM »
Wow.  Bummer for the rest of the NFC West.  The '9ers are going to be 6-0 before they have to play anybody.

Whoa!  The 49ers/Seahawks games are in weeks 13 and 15.  That stretch is going to be INSANE!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #317 on: April 23, 2014, 06:15:39 PM »
I'm pleased with the Ravens schedule. Having both of the Steelers/Ravens games on Prime Time is a sign that their rivalry is still something to be respected, even though Seattle and San Francisco is clearly the #1 rivalry atm.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #318 on: April 23, 2014, 06:16:35 PM »
Wow.  Bummer for the rest of the NFC West.  The '9ers are going to be 6-0 before they have to play anybody.

This strikes me as overconfident.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #319 on: April 23, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »
Nah, they just aren't playing anyone tough in that first stretch.  Although I should modify that.  I forgot how improved Philly is.  That week 4 game will indeed be tough (and should be good).  But barring something really unexpected, they should win 5 of those first 6 at least.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #320 on: April 23, 2014, 06:25:13 PM »
I should modify that.  I forgot how improved Philly is.

^_^_^_^_^
Over and over again

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #321 on: April 23, 2014, 06:28:38 PM »
I can see the Rams winning against SF in those first 6 weeks.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #322 on: April 23, 2014, 06:31:57 PM »
I can see the Rams winning against SF in those first 6 weeks.

I agree with that, as well as Arizona having a chance to beat them.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #323 on: April 23, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »
Hmm... hopefully Houston will have a better season without Schaub, but it's funny that we play the Raiders in Oakland in Week 2.

https://www.houstontexans.com/team/season-schedule.html

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #324 on: April 23, 2014, 06:34:41 PM »
Hell, I can see SF imploding so badly that all of Santa Clarita is sucked into the ether during that 6 week stretch.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #325 on: April 23, 2014, 09:44:53 PM »

This strikes me as overconfident.

Out of bosk1?  No way!!! ;)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #326 on: April 23, 2014, 10:29:50 PM »
I'm glad the Saints open against the Falcons. It's awesome knowing the Failcons will probably have to spend the entire season dreaming of the revenge they won't be able to exact in week 16.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #327 on: April 24, 2014, 10:28:11 AM »
Wow, Seattle's last seven games are BRUTAL!

Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 16, at Kansas City, 1 p.m.
Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 23, Arizona, 4:05 p.m.
Week 13: Thursday, Nov. 27, at San Francisco, 8:30 p.m.
Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 7, at Philadelphia, 4:25 p.m.
Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 14, San Francisco, 4:25 p.m.
Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 21, at Arizona, 8:30 p.m.
Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 28, St. Louis, 4:25 p.m.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #328 on: April 24, 2014, 11:41:29 AM »
A bit, but four of those are home games, so that is four wins at least most likely. 

The Broncos were given a brutal stretch in November and December, where they play six of eight games on the road. That'll be fun.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #329 on: April 24, 2014, 12:41:21 PM »
A bit, but four of those are home games, so that is four wins at least most likely. 

Not necessarily.  The Cardinals beat them, and the 49ers, Bucs, and Titans all came very came close.  They are tougher at home, but certainly not unbeatable.  I could see them going 3-4 on that 7 game stretch.  Their first half is certainly easier.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #330 on: April 25, 2014, 07:21:40 PM »
In looking at the Panthers schedule, mostly all I can do at this time of year is shrug.

*shrugs*

Although, I'm glad that we have the Seahawks at home, and that our bye week is Week 12.  That seems like a good time to me.

Oh, and we play the Browns.  That's always good.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #331 on: April 25, 2014, 07:23:59 PM »
Add to that...we have a Week 4 bye.   I don't necessarily care for early season byes....about 2/3rds of the way thru the season is when you need it the most.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #332 on: April 25, 2014, 08:36:10 PM »
Add to that...we have a Week 4 bye.   I don't necessarily care for early season byes....about 2/3rds of the way thru the season is when you need it the most.

Yeah, I agree.  49ers have week 8 bye.  Not bad.  A bit later would be ideal, but it's not bad, especially if they can get a first round playoff bye as well.  Actually, the week 8 bye may work out well in terms of getting Bowman back.

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #333 on: April 25, 2014, 08:44:11 PM »
The Saints' bye is Week 6 .... which feels a bit early.  :|

• DT.net Member
« Reply #334 on: April 25, 2014, 09:58:25 PM »
Man, they keep giving us an early bye:

2006: 7
2007: 4
2008: 9
2009: 5
2010: 10
2011: 11
2012: 6
2013: 7
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #335 on: April 25, 2014, 10:10:04 PM »
All I got to say is lol-predictions.  Last year at this time, Houston and Atlanta were teams that were cause for concern.

Any top team can fall from grace real quick for any number of reasons... over confidence; played out of their weight class last year; weak schedule last year; injuries...

In the words of the infamous Winston Wolf ... "Let's not start suckin each other's dicks just yet"
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #336 on: April 25, 2014, 11:10:19 PM »
Eagles bye week is week 7.  I'd prefer it be later, but this is fine.
Over and over again

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #337 on: April 26, 2014, 06:01:10 AM »
Dolphins have a week 5 BYE. And we play in London. Ughghgh

• DT.net Member
« Reply #338 on: April 26, 2014, 08:39:33 AM »
Man, fuck that London game. Soccer is the world's official sport and >80% of the world doesn't care two shits about the NFL and may never either. Get over it, NFL brass.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #339 on: April 26, 2014, 09:43:55 AM »
Man, fuck that London game. Soccer is the world's official sport and >80% of the world doesn't care two shits about the NFL and may never either. Get over it, NFL brass.

From the league's perspective, a game in London is much more beneficial to them than an eight game in a place like Jacksonville, Tampa Bay or St. Louis.

What's bothered me about the London game is that the least notable team is ALWAYS designated as the home team. New England's been over there twice, and both times, they were the "road" team.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #340 on: April 26, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »
All I got to say is lol-predictions.  Last year at this time, Houston and Atlanta were teams that were cause for concern.

Any top team can fall from grace real quick for any number of reasons... over confidence; played out of their weight class last year; weak schedule last year; injuries...

In the words of the infamous Winston Wolf ... "Let's not start suckin each other's dicks just yet"

Haha, exactly. Sure, there are teams that you know are gonna be good every year (NE, whatever team Peyton Manning is on, GB, etc.), as well as teams you know are gonna be bad every year (Oakland, Buffalo, Cleveland, etc.), but as always, there will be teams that are surprisingly good AND surprisingly not-so good.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #341 on: April 26, 2014, 05:38:40 PM »
Fucking schedule makers have a real hard on for the Rams....again (yeah I know there's a formula for this all but...)  Based on last season's records, this schedule ranks as the third-hardest in the NFL. They play seven playoff teams, including both SB teams during a span of eight games, and the 8th game is against the 10 win Cardinals  :lol.  Including 5 on the road with a 3 game road stretch against Frisco, Chiefs and Arizona.  And for a final kick in the nuts...week 17 in Seattle for the third year in a row and the 4th time in 5 years... WTF?

The run starts after a week 4 bye (which also sucks donkey balls)

Oct 5 - at Philadelphia, 12:00 PM CT
Oct 13 - vs. San Francisco, 7:30 PM CT
Oct 19 - vs. Seattle, 12:00 PM CT
Oct 26 - at Kansas City, 12:00 PM CT
Nov 2 - at San Francisco, 3:05 PM CT
Nov 9 - at Arizona, 3:25 PM CT
Nov 16 - vs. Denver, 12:00 PM CT
Nov 23 - at San Diego, 3:05 PM CT

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #342 on: April 26, 2014, 10:50:07 PM »
You can't blame all of that on the NFL schedule makers.  The NFC West plays the AFC West this year, and three playoff teams came from the AFC West last year, so it's not like they thought, "Let's screw the Rams."  Oh, and their schedule being 3rd hardest based on last year's records is because the other three teams in their division all won 10+ games, not to mention those 33 wins out of the three AFC West playoff teams.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #343 on: April 27, 2014, 12:42:04 AM »
I'm just annoyed that, barring a return to being a contender, Seattle gets a very winnable finale.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #344 on: April 27, 2014, 05:31:37 AM »
The older I get the more I hate prime time games. :lol

I got to work in the morning dammit! :lol

And the Pats have 5 this year.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #345 on: April 27, 2014, 06:57:22 AM »
You can't blame all of that on the NFL schedule makers.  The NFC West plays the AFC West this year, and three playoff teams came from the AFC West last year, so it's not like they thought, "Let's screw the Rams."  Oh, and their schedule being 3rd hardest based on last year's records is because the other three teams in their division all won 10+ games, not to mention those 33 wins out of the three AFC West playoff teams.

Definitely, and if the Rams draft well and have Bradford back, they too will be making a lot of noise in an already stacked division.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #346 on: April 27, 2014, 07:19:03 AM »
I hear ya Jamesman, the Rams SHOULD be much improved this year with the factors you mention PLUS having a rel DC for the first time in the Fisher/Snead regime.  I understand exactly what you're saying too Kev.  It still sucks the way that 8 game stretch and that last damn game in Seattle AGAIN is set up.  It could have been a helluva lot less brutal if mixed differently   :lol  And of course things change every year, take Atlanta and Houston last year for example.  A couple of the teams were looking at now that were playoff teams last year probably wont be playoff teams this year.  Bottom line is we need something to bitch about while we wait for the draft, OTA's and training camp  :tup

• DT.net Member
« Reply #347 on: April 27, 2014, 12:37:12 PM »
I'll bitch about these fuckwad media types trying to chastize players for not attending VOLUNTARY offseason training functions. I don't give a flying fuck about what message it sends. If you give someone the option to have time off, don't be pissed if they utilize it. Classic needy gf mentality bullshit.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #348 on: April 27, 2014, 04:35:57 PM »
I'll bitch about these fuckwad media types trying to chastize players for not attending VOLUNTARY offseason training functions. I don't give a flying fuck about what message it sends. If you give someone the option to have time off, don't be pissed if they utilize it. Classic needy gf mentality bullshit.

Take it from someone in the private sector....none of us are immune.   

In my experience, the people with permanent jobs are the people who do "off the clock" stuff.   There's a name for people who don't "volunteer"...they're called "temps"

It totally sucks...but it's totally fact.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

• DT.net Member
« Reply #349 on: April 27, 2014, 05:01:33 PM »
And as fans whom hate this practice, we should abhor it rather than act like everyone else should have to put up with bullshit cuz we do too. If we accept the status quo, the status quo it shall remain.