Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 285153 times)

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. F*** the Saints
« Reply #2205 on: November 16, 2014, 11:34:11 AM »
Listening to Ray Lewis talk on ESPN's countdown show, I haven't seen someone murder the English language this badly on that show since Emmitt Smith.  :lol :lol
I see what you did there  :rollin

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2206 on: November 16, 2014, 11:51:33 AM »
The Seahawks defense is NOT what it was last year.  Seahawk fans need to stop kidding themselves.

The "Legion of Boom" looks more like "The Legion of Bump the runner then desperately clutch his jersey as he speeds past you..." 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2207 on: November 16, 2014, 12:04:11 PM »
Listening to Ray Lewis talk on ESPN's countdown show, I haven't seen someone murder the English language this badly on that show since Emmitt Smith.  :lol :lol

Yeah, I guess some great players just can't get away with making the transition to broadcasting. :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2208 on: November 16, 2014, 12:07:50 PM »
I didn't even do that on purpose. :lol :lol

Also, screw you, John Fox.  Yet another road game where the Broncos don't look ready to play.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2209 on: November 16, 2014, 12:08:01 PM »
Thread title is looking like it'll have unprecedented stability.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2210 on: November 16, 2014, 12:16:47 PM »

Yeah, I guess some great players just can't get away with making the transition to broadcasting. :lol
Hey, at least he was willing to take a stab at it. Plenty of people would just let somebody else take the heat.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2211 on: November 16, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »

Also, screw you, John Fox.  Yet another road game where the Broncos don't look ready to play.

Jesus Christ.  To St. Louis?!?!?!  Oy vei  I'm shittin the bed royally in the pick 'em league this week.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2212 on: November 16, 2014, 02:13:34 PM »

Jesus Christ.  To St. Louis?!?!?!  Oy vei  I'm shittin the bed royally in the pick 'em league this week.
Yeah, we all are. Then again it's all relative.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2213 on: November 16, 2014, 02:14:20 PM »
That's the craziness of the NFL.  Anything can happen. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2214 on: November 16, 2014, 02:19:25 PM »
Tough call which late game to watch. @Arizona and @Lambeau should both be fun games.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2215 on: November 16, 2014, 02:26:11 PM »

Hey, at least he was willing to take a stab at it. Plenty of people would just let somebody else take the heat.
:rollin nice one. :p

I'm stuck with the card's game.  Would rather watch the beagles lose to the pack.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2216 on: November 16, 2014, 02:28:37 PM »
Kev I'm sorry but......

manningface.com
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2217 on: November 16, 2014, 02:32:27 PM »
Eagles/Packers has a playoff game feel already.  Maybe it's the weather, or the vibe in that stadium, but it just feels like a playoff game.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2218 on: November 16, 2014, 02:34:32 PM »

:rollin nice one. :p

I'm stuck with the card's game.  Would rather watch the beagles lose to the pack.
Eh, they should both be great games. We get to choose between the EaglesXPackers and RaidersXChargers.
Wish I could trade out the RaidersXChargers game for the LionsXCardinals game :(

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2219 on: November 16, 2014, 03:01:50 PM »
And now we'll be switching this broadcast to a more competitive game, here's the Lions against the Cardinals.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2220 on: November 16, 2014, 03:49:10 PM »
Yeah, the refs just fucked up again.  Lions close to a 1st down and yet it was spotted a yard back.  Booth review should've indicated a 1st down or at least close to a 1st and a measurement.  But no, call on field stands.  Ridiculous.  Another bad call not corrected by replay.  Penalty on refs for delay of game for no damn good reason.   :\

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #2221 on: November 16, 2014, 04:01:27 PM »
The only thing worse than watching the Eagles get blown out is listening to Joe Buck's commentary on the game.

Fuck I hate that guy. 

I can't even hide his excitement that the Eagles suck, and I'd wish he'd stop felating Aaron Rodgers already.
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #2222 on: November 16, 2014, 04:02:54 PM »
The only thing worse than watching the Eagles get blown out is listening to Joe Buck's commentary on the game.

Fuck I hate that guy. 

I can't even hide his excitement that the Eagles suck, and I'd wish he'd stop felating Aaron Rodgers already.
I was about to post this exact thing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2223 on: November 16, 2014, 04:03:11 PM »
Goddammit Panthers
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2224 on: November 16, 2014, 04:08:52 PM »
lol the Falcons are now the 4th seed in the NFC

and Miami has the 6th seed in the AFC fuck yes!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2225 on: November 16, 2014, 04:11:23 PM »

Fuck I hate that guy. 

Well I share his enthusiasm for "fuck the eagles!", but I really do hate the constant felating of St. Rogers. That seems to be pretty much league-wide, though.
E.F. Benson

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #2226 on: November 16, 2014, 04:15:49 PM »
I see Arizona are defying the Super Bowl Host's Curse this season.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2227 on: November 16, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
lol the Falcons are now the 4th seed in the NFC

and Miami has the 6th seed in the AFC fuck yes!
This was discussed recently in a different forum. My take on it is that division winners should absoultely make the playoffs, regardless of their record, but seeding and HFA should favor W/L. I've got no problem with Atlanta getting in, but they should probably be playing a WC road game. As for Miami, I don't know if they win a tie-break for that last WC spot. If so, they're 6-4 so that doesn't bug me much.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2228 on: November 16, 2014, 04:26:29 PM »
I really do hate the constant felating of St. Rogers. That seems to be pretty much league-wide, though.

Well, he is the best player in the league. 

The best players almost get non-stop praise.  The praise Rodgers gets is no more over the top than that throw at Manning or Brady.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2229 on: November 16, 2014, 04:29:16 PM »
Miami holds whatever tie breakers over other 6-4 teams, I got that they're 6th seed from nfl.com at the moment

Edit: The first tie breaker is best conference record, which Miami has 5th place in for the entire league, which helps them beat the other 6-4 teams.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:34:53 PM by Jamesman42 »

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #2230 on: November 16, 2014, 04:34:39 PM »
I really do hate the constant felating of St. Rogers. That seems to be pretty much league-wide, though.

Well, he is the best player in the league. 

The best players almost get non-stop praise.  The praise Rodgers gets is no more over the top than that throw at Manning or Brady.

I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't coming at the expense of the Eagles right now. 
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2231 on: November 16, 2014, 04:53:37 PM »
I hear ya.

I am disgusted by the number of truly awful calls I've seen by the officials this week.  Buffalo was totally screwed Thursday on the safety and the phantom PI that gave Miami 7 points, and the ruling I just saw in the Detroit/Arizona game, which negated a long punt return, was truly awful. 

Offline FracturedMirror

« Reply #2232 on: November 16, 2014, 05:18:22 PM »
Kickers get flack for not being "real football players", but I disagree.  For the last dozen years or so Sebastian Janikowski has practically been the sole source of consistent scoring for the Raiders.  Today, yet again he was the only player to put points on the board for them.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2233 on: November 16, 2014, 05:21:58 PM »
Kickers get flack for not being "real football players", but I disagree.  For the last dozen years or so Sebastian Janikowski has practically been the sole source of consistent scoring for the Raiders.  Today, yet again he was the only player to put points on the board for them.

Seriously?  We are gonna give him props for being a good kicker on an awful team?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2234 on: November 16, 2014, 05:51:51 PM »
Makes sense. He did more for his team than anyone else.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2235 on: November 16, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »
Loving the Pats running when the Colts playing for the pass.  And a running TD to boot.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2236 on: November 16, 2014, 07:01:14 PM »
Brady shouldn't have thrown that.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2237 on: November 16, 2014, 07:32:45 PM »
Yay, another game where Patriot DBs can mug WRs and get away with it, while a Colt barely touches a Patriots WR and it's illegal contact.   :tdwn :tdwn

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2238 on: November 16, 2014, 07:33:06 PM »
Yay, another game where Patriot DBs can mug WRs and get away with it, while a Colt barely touches a Patriots WR and it's illegal contact.   :tdwn :tdwn
:facepalm:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2239 on: November 16, 2014, 07:35:24 PM »
Man, Jonas Gray is running angry. Boy's got something to prove.
E.F. Benson