Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 279374 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NFL thread 2014
« Reply #210 on: March 15, 2014, 02:14:00 PM »
Don't talk about Tim Biakabutuka that way.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2014, 03:53:55 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #212 on: March 15, 2014, 04:32:13 PM »
The Packers D seems like it's getting right back on track! The signing is Julius Peppers is a FANTASTIC move....although I hope Dom Capers isn't an idiot and uses him more as a DE instead of replacing Clay Matthews. Those two together, plus resigning Sam Shield and  BJ Raji (and putting him back in the Nose position) are going to an exciting defense that will compliment an already established exciting offense

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2014, 09:35:57 PM »
jeff van gundy gif
This is the greatest thing I have ever seen. Thank you.

JVG and his brother both seem like such deeply unhappy people.  It's weird.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2014, 01:11:07 AM »
Jeff is a whimsical hoot with a delightfully dry sense of humor. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2014, 04:28:06 AM »
According to overthecap.com, the Panthers only have 4.5 mil in cap space.  Poor salary management has come back to bite them.
Yes, I know.  And they never even discussed contract rearrangement with Steve Smith.  They just cut him.  Meanwhile, Ted Ginn Jr. signs with the Cardinals, and Brandon LaFell signs with the Patriots (although why they wanted him, I have no idea; my personal nickname for him was LaFail).  So the WR corps goes from a weakness to nonexistent. 

Go Panthers.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2014, 10:31:48 AM »
The Pats have a history of signing LSU players.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2014, 10:42:26 AM »
The Pats have a history of signing LSU players.

Yes they did.  It's more of a coach that BB trusts.  We went hog wild picking Rutgers players of late.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2014, 10:53:49 AM »
E. Sanders to the Broncos.

LaFell to the Patriots.

So basically, both signed an inconsistent WR who has a problem catching catchable balls. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2014, 07:37:37 PM »
James Jones goes from playing for the Packers and catching passes from Aaron Rodgers to playing for the Raiders. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2014, 08:51:02 PM »
James Jones goes from playing for the Packers and catching passes from Aaron Rodgers to playing for the Raiders. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2014, 04:59:23 PM »
Man....Cardinals snag Cromartie.  With him and Petersen as book ends? Oh boy...like It wasn't already an uphill battle for my Rams in the NFC West... :lol  Add to that, looks like Jared Allen might fall to the Hawks.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2014, 05:22:46 PM »
Tons of rumors about Eagles trying to trade Desean Jackson  :facepalm:  I can understand his personality is kind of difficult and the team may not like that, but I think he is far more important to the Eagles offense than his stats indicate. The mere threat of him getting behind a defense means less defenders against McCoy. I would really hate to see him go.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2014, 10:37:08 PM »
I think the biggest issue for the Eagles is Jackson's attitude.  He has a reputation for complaining about money and being a hot head.  In terms of money, it's clear from the deals they're signing that the Eagles are very concerned about cap management, and don't want players to feel dissatisfied with their contracts.  Attitude wise, DeSean can be a bit of a punk.  Compare that to the culture the Eagles want, where Michael Vick of all people is admitting Foles deserves to start and handling it gracefully.

As a fellow Eagles fan, I don't think we have to talk about how shitty and miserable the last two Andy Reid years were.  The egos.  The laze.  The bad attitudes.  I don't know how to explain how miserable it was to a non-Eagles fan.  I suspect that Howie/Kelly are very conscious of making sure the team's culture prevents something like that from ever happening again.  I don't think they're pushing Jackson out the door, but if they can get good value for him he's gone.
Over and over again

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2014, 07:25:44 AM »
Oh I agree. I just think that his production on the field is worth it. It's not like he's been in trouble with the law, he just occasionally makes it all about himself. I can live with that if he's getting 1300 yards.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2014, 08:46:07 AM »
I never root for anyone to get hurt, but, considering what a hot-dogging punk he is, I didn't shed a tear when DeSean Jackson got blown up by a big hit in that game against Atlanta a few years back.  if ever a WR deserved to have his teeth knocked out by a head-hunting safety, it is Jackson.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2014, 09:09:55 AM »
I kinda agree.  Unless, of course, he comes to the 49ers.  Then he is totally "our guy."  :biggrin:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2014, 09:18:12 AM »
The Panthers signed Jericho Cotchery and are apparently looking to possibly trade for DeSean Jackson.  Not sure how I feel about either move.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: March 21, 2014, 03:25:45 PM »
I never root for anyone to get hurt, but, considering what a hot-dogging punk he is, I didn't shed a tear when DeSean Jackson got blown up by a big hit in that game against Atlanta a few years back.  if ever a WR deserved to have his teeth knocked out by a head-hunting safety, it is Jackson.

I feel that way about Golden Taint for his taunting against the Rams last year....

Offline dparrott

« Reply #229 on: March 21, 2014, 04:28:04 PM »
Raiders get Matt Schaub!!! That's finally a step in the right direction.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #230 on: March 21, 2014, 04:35:06 PM »

Offline dparrott

« Reply #231 on: March 21, 2014, 05:05:28 PM »
It's going to take a lot more than him to turn them around.  Even Palmer couldn't do it.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #232 on: March 21, 2014, 05:23:07 PM »
The Panthers signed Jericho Cotchery and are apparently looking to possibly trade for DeSean Jackson.  Not sure how I feel about either move.

I really wish the Steelers would have kept Cotchery.  He's not a #1, but he's a solid slot receiver and a consummate professional, team first player.  A rarity at the WR position.

Offline Arry

• Only the good die young...
  • There is only one Um...
« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2014, 05:50:42 PM »
I renounce my Jets. That ghetto thug will bring his karma to the Jets and they will never win. Go Big Blue! Fuckn digusted! :censored:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:42:07 PM by Arry »

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2014, 06:54:31 PM »
I renounce my Jets. That ghetto thug will bring his karma to the Jets and they will never win. Go Big Blue! Fuckn digusted! :censored:

Dude what?

I have two dogs.  My opinion of Vick doesn't come from a detached perspective.

He put in his time in federal prison.  Real federal prison, not bullshit rich people prison.  He came out and has been consistently contrite for the years.  During his time with the Eagles, he worked his ass off.  In a final act of class, he wholeheartedly supported Foles starting.

I can't say I necessarily like Vick.  Certain things are impossible to forget.  But calling him a ghetto thug is totally wrong.  His journey is worth respecting.
Over and over again

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #235 on: March 21, 2014, 07:01:32 PM »
If you followed the eagles at all you would realize that Mike Vick is one of the very very few people who actually changed after his time in prison. Normally, they'll say all the right things to the media but they'll continue being exactly who they were before. Vick is not like that at all. He's turned into one of the nicest, most professional men in football. Learn to forgive, bro.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »
I would renounce the Jets for the fact that Vick can't stay on the field.  Glass jaw and not worth the money anymore.

Offline Arry

• Only the good die young...
  • There is only one Um...
« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2014, 07:33:34 PM »
I've seen 1st hand what he did to those dogs. The lucky ones did not survive. He deserves no forgiveness, no 2nd chance. He's a murdering scumbag that death is to good for.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: March 21, 2014, 07:46:51 PM »
I've seen 1st hand what he did to those dogs. The lucky ones did not survive. He deserves no forgiveness, no 2nd chance. He's a murdering scumbag that death is to good for.

I'm sorry you have to go through this with your team, I feel your pain.  If he went to my Rams, I'd boycott them till he was gone.   

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #239 on: March 22, 2014, 07:32:27 AM »
This is the first I've seen of Jets fans being upset about Vick, and I read a lot of comments online about football. Kinda weird.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #240 on: March 22, 2014, 07:58:15 AM »
I just think they should be upset because he can't play anymore.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #241 on: March 22, 2014, 09:01:17 AM »

I tend to agree with this. It's not like he had an epiphany one day and decided to change his life for the better. It took a federal investigation, and he was only "sorry" after he got caught. Pathetic.   

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #242 on: March 22, 2014, 09:09:54 AM »
Hmm.

I am a Dolphins fan and would love to have Incognito back on the team. It ain't gonna happen but he's a great O-line man. I also think he could change his behavior. So many on the team supported him throughout the scandal.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #243 on: March 22, 2014, 09:10:28 AM »
The bigger problem with Vick is that he is just not that good.  He'll have the occasional great game, but if it's consistency you are looking for, he is not the answer.  He cannot stay healthy and is a turnover machine.

Raiders get Matt Schaub!!! That's finally a step in the right direction.

That shows what a sad state of affairs it is in Oakland when Matt Schaub is considered a step in the right direction (considering the severe dropoff in Schaub's play last year).

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2014, 11:32:32 AM »
Hmm.

I am a Dolphins fan and would love to have Incognito back on the team. It ain't gonna happen but he's a great O-line man. I also think he could change his behavior. So many on the team supported him throughout the scandal.

I was happy to see him booted from the Rams.  I can think of at least 2 games that his personal fouls cost us games.  That being said, if the NFL gives jobs back to convicted felons, the Dolphins might as well let an HR issue slide by.... :lol