Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 281839 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. Big Ben Lays the Pipe on All Comers
« Reply #2030 on: November 03, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »
Goddamn I suck.  Smart phone and smart owner my ass. :lol
:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2031 on: November 03, 2014, 09:28:21 PM »
I cannot understand how the Broncos play mos g of yh ed fames in N.E.  Dome funky formula that I'm to lazy to figure out.
I need a funky formula to figure out WTF you just wrote! :lol

I lol'd. Hard.

I just might have to sig this. 

Joe, care to clarify what you were trying to type?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: NFL thread 2014 v. Mike Nugent Lays the Pipe on My F***ing Bye Week
« Reply #2032 on: November 03, 2014, 09:33:17 PM »
The Colts rout is a done deal, so why waste time...

Post-Week 9 Top 10 Power Rankings
1. New England - they deserve their due; no one is playing than them right now
2. Arizona - they don't have that best team in the league look, but 7-1 is 7-1
3. Denver - John Fox is a good coach, but he was completely outclassed yesterday
4. Indianapolis - looking great, despite that hiccup last week in Pittsburgh
5. Philadelphia - can Sanchez play well every week?
6. Detroit - 6-2 and still due to get Megatron back
7. Pittsburgh - hot as hell right now, but that home loss to TB still sticks out like a sore thumb
8. Dallas - it was fun while it lasted, eh, Cowobys fans?
9. Green Bay - can they cure their road woes?
10. Seattle - still looking flawed, but back on the winning track

Trending up: Buffalo, KC and Miami
Trending down: San Diego, Carolina and San Francisco
Bottom 3: Tampa Bay, NY Jets and Oakland

Also:

MVP update time!  This is what my top 5 would be right now for MVP of the NFL:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Andrew Luck
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Tom Brady/Gronk (tie)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2033 on: November 03, 2014, 09:52:18 PM »
This season has been so strange so far.  I don't think I could do a top 10 if I tried.  If I had to do a top 5, it would probably be:

1.  Broncos
2.  Patriots
3.  49ers
4.  Cardinals
5.  Colts
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2034 on: November 03, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
How can you legitimately put the 49ers at #3? I'm sorry but that makes no sense.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2035 on: November 03, 2014, 09:58:53 PM »
I just objectively weight what I see.  Sorry if you are so influenced by your 49er hate that you can't be more objective.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2036 on: November 03, 2014, 10:16:43 PM »
Dude, cut the cheese, me disliking the 49'ers isn't making me not objective.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2037 on: November 03, 2014, 10:23:30 PM »
I just objectively weight what I see.  Sorry if you are so influenced by your 49er hate that you can't be more objective.

You've got to be kidding?!?!  You are so influenced by your homer-bias, it's not even laughable anymore. A 4-4 team with more points against than points for is the third best in the league??  There are more than a few teams that outclass them in record, PF, PA:

Miami
Buffalo
Baltimore
KC
Philli
Dallas
Seattle

Jesus, even Cleveland is better than the Niners in those three stat categories!!

I can't believe that you honestly believe you're being objective. I'd like to think you're being sarcastic, but you're probably not. You can justify it in your mind all you want, but the Niners aren't even a Top 10 team at the moment. Barely even in the top 1/2 of the league.

Your comment is up for "C'mon man!!"
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #2038 on: November 04, 2014, 12:30:26 AM »
I'd like to think you're being sarcastic

Ding ding

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2039 on: November 04, 2014, 04:29:58 AM »
The Oilers are having a better season than the 9ers.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2040 on: November 04, 2014, 06:15:39 AM »

1. New England -

Oh Kev, I bet that hurt!  :lol

The Weatrher Channel fights back against Bill Belichick.
https://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/weather-channel-takes-stand-vs-belichick
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2041 on: November 04, 2014, 07:32:23 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2042 on: November 04, 2014, 12:10:22 PM »
jingle, I can't believe you took bosk1's bait. :facepalm: :biggrin:

1. New England -

Oh Kev, I bet that hurt!  :lol

Nah, I can be objective when it comes to that kind of stuff.  NE has looked like the best team as of late and deserve the top spot for now, but the hope here, of course, is that they are peaking too soon. :biggrin:

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2043 on: November 04, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »
jingle, I can't believe you took bosk1's bait. :facepalm: :biggrin:

It wouldn't be out of character for him to have a higher opinion of the 9rs than most rational fans.  I do recall using the word "delusional" last year on his opinion of SF.

Plus, it was late when I replied.

He's either trolled me (and Dylan), or the rest of ya.  Either way, I tip my hat to him.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2044 on: November 04, 2014, 01:23:53 PM »
  NE has looked like the best team as of late and deserve the top spot for now, but the hope here, of course, is that they are peaking too soon. :biggrin:

I don't think it's a matter of peaking.
The Pats have games coming up at Indy and at GB. I can easily see them losing one of them and the Broncos winning out. So the Broncos could easily regain home field.
But the Steelers are looking like they will be heard from before it's all over.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2045 on: November 04, 2014, 01:53:16 PM »
I think the Broncos will lose one more (one of the road games at KC, SD or Cincy), so we'll need NE to lose two of the three road ones at Indy, GB or SD.  Really, winning this past weekend was far more important for the Patriots. If the Broncos had won, they would have been three games ahead of NE (two in the loss column plus the tiebreaker), so the Patriots had to win that game to have a realistic shot at home field.

Either way, the AFC playoffs are gonna be brutal this year.  There won't be any patsies, I predict (since I think Cincinnati will find a way to not make it).  I think the AFC playoff teams will ultimately by NE, Indy, Pittsburgh, Baltimore (I think they'll find a way in), Denver and KC.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2046 on: November 04, 2014, 02:21:58 PM »
I think the Broncos will lose one more (one of the road games at KC, SD or Cincy), so we'll need NE to lose two of the three road ones at Indy, GB or SD.  Really, winning this past weekend was far more important for the Patriots. If the Broncos had won, they would have been three games ahead of NE (two in the loss column plus the tiebreaker), so the Patriots had to win that game to have a realistic shot at home field.

Either way, the AFC playoffs are gonna be brutal this year.  There won't be any patsies, I predict (since I think Cincinnati will find a way to not make it).  I think the AFC playoff teams will ultimately by NE, Indy, Pittsburgh, Baltimore (I think they'll find a way in), Denver and KC.

We? :lol

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2047 on: November 04, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »
Why does that bother people so much?
People who say "we" obviously realize they're not part of the team itself, but I mean what's the big hang up about using that?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2048 on: November 04, 2014, 02:44:53 PM »
People who say "we" obviously realize they're not part of the team itself, but I mean what's the big hang up about using that?
I'm just joshing Kev with his anti NE thing.
That's all.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2049 on: November 04, 2014, 02:48:47 PM »
ah okay  :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2050 on: November 04, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »
There's no more point in denying it Andrew Luck is the best QB in the NFL. Wish he wasn't a Colt... but it is what it is.

Offline adamack

« Reply #2051 on: November 04, 2014, 03:53:16 PM »
There's no more point in denying it Andrew Luck is the best QB in the NFL. Wish he wasn't a Colt... but it is what it is.

While I'd probably rank Luck at #1 as well, you could make a strong case for Brady.

Luck: 26 TD, 9 INT, 3,085 yards, 100.3 Rating, 63.6% Comp%, 393 Attempts

Brady: 22 TD, 3 INT, 2,392 yards, 103.5 Rating, 64.1% Comp%, 334 Attempts

While Luck has considerably more TD and yards, he also has 59 more attempts. That is more than an entire game's worth of passing attempts.

Brady has 3 interceptions to Luck's 9.

Brady has a better Passer Rating.

Brady has slightly better completion percentage.

The interception comparison alone puts Brady right in the discussion. Also, if he had the same amount of attempts as Luck, he'd likely have at least 4 more TD, and 400 more yards to show for it. And that's being relatively generous.

Luck does has the intangibles nod though, as he is more mobile in the pocket and usually rushes for 20 or so yards per game, and has some rushing TD.

(I'm not a Pats or Brady fan btw, just making a case)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2052 on: November 04, 2014, 04:00:29 PM »
Brady is up there for sure. But the flip side of "what if Brady had more attempts" is what if Luck had fewer attempts.

My statement is based on more than stats. He is the real deal... the total package, but absolutely not the only great QB playing today.

To quote someone else "If a beautiful woman walks into a bar, you don't wait five years to acknowledge her beauty." Same goes for Luck. He's been great since day one, and by allowing Manning to walk and by "sucking for Luck", the Colts have bought themselves another 12-15 years of being contenders. 

Offline adamack

« Reply #2053 on: November 04, 2014, 04:07:02 PM »
Brady is up there for sure. But the flip side of "what if Brady had more attempts" is what if Luck had fewer attempts.

My statement is based on more than stats. He is the real deal... the total package, but absolutely not the only great QB playing today.

Yeah I definitely agree on that. He and Rodgers are the most "total package" QB's playing today. Both will go down as Brady/Manning successors for sure.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2054 on: November 04, 2014, 05:53:39 PM »

I never get into these agruements .  Just that who is in the elite category and both are including P Manning & . Mr. Discount double check.  Ben is also very close.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2055 on: November 04, 2014, 05:57:30 PM »

I never get into these agruements .  Just that who is in the elite category and both are including P Manning & . Mr. Discount double check.  Ben is also very close.

Ben's had a hell of a run (much like Flacco's 2012 postseason run), but to me, neither are elite, and never will be. Still two very good QBs and two of the toughest in the modern era.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2056 on: November 04, 2014, 06:11:24 PM »
Just a hair below.  I agree but very close
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2057 on: November 04, 2014, 06:53:17 PM »

While I'd probably rank Luck at #1 as well, you could make a strong case for Brady.

While Luck has considerably more TD and yards, he also has 59 more attempts. That is more than an entire game's worth of passing attempts.

The interception comparison alone puts Brady right in the discussion. Also, if he had the same amount of attempts as Luck, he'd likely have at least 4 more TD, and 400 more yards to show for it. And that's being relatively generous.

Luck does has the intangibles nod though, as he is more mobile in the pocket and usually rushes for 20 or so yards per game, and has some rushing TD.

Well, at the moment Ben's numbers are better than both. Luck needs to do it for another year to earn the top spot IMO.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2058 on: November 04, 2014, 09:52:57 PM »
The advantage Luck has over Brady and Roethlisberger is that he has been doing it consistently, week in and week out, while Brady struggled the first four weeks, but has rebounded to have a phenomenal 5-game run, and Roethlisberger's overall numbers are inflated by having had the best 2-week stretch any QB has probably ever had (but he was putting up average numbers this season prior to that). 

Also, I am getting a kick out of many jumping back on the "Brady is better than Peyton" bandwagon after Sunday's game, when just ten months ago, Peyton outplayed Brady by a wide margin in a playoff game.  But that's the "What have you done lately" culture we live in these days, I guess.  See: Aaron Rodgers not getting a single vote in ESPN's midseason MVP voting, which is absolutely absurd, but hey, he was on a bye this past week, and people seemingly only looked at last week when they voted, so there ya go. :lol :lol

Offline adamack

« Reply #2059 on: November 04, 2014, 11:24:47 PM »

Well, at the moment Ben's numbers are better than both. Luck needs to do it for another year to earn the top spot IMO.

Absolutely, Ben's numbers are outstanding.

But the majority of Ben's numbers have come in 2 games (nearly half of his TD's and 1/3 of his yards) , where Brady's are a bit more spread out over the season.

Also, I didn't want to say Ben, because I'm a huge Steelers fan and people would think I'm homering  :biggrin:

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2060 on: November 04, 2014, 11:34:44 PM »
Mark Malone is the best them.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2061 on: November 05, 2014, 04:20:20 AM »
No offense bosk, but the 49ers are not a top 3 team. They barely are in the top 16 at the moment, imo

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #2062 on: November 05, 2014, 07:16:14 AM »

Because a lot of people don't think they're not part of the team? And it's grossly inaccurate from a grammar stand point to use "we" to apply yourself to an organization you're not a member of?

No one says "we" in regards to their love of a band (Oh, the new DT is out! We made a great album!) but sports fans go around acting like they're part of the team all the time without breaking a sweat.

And don't get me started about my biggest sports pet peeve: "Break contain."  :rollin
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2063 on: November 05, 2014, 07:26:50 AM »
The feeling that you are part of the team is half of the appeal of being a longtime fan of a particular team.

I have been a lifelong fan of UNC basketball.  When talking about a game, I always talk about how WE did.  Same thing with the football team from my alma mater.  WE won on Saturday 44-0.  THEY didn't win, WE won.

Same thing with the Panthers (God help us).  THEY haven't lost a couple of stinkers in a row, WE have.  I don't see anything wrong with that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #2064 on: November 05, 2014, 07:49:41 AM »
Because you're not actually part of the team and aren't performing with them? You support them. Supporting does not equate to membership.

Again, it's only sports fans. No one thinks their support of a band or a movie allows them to consider themselves part of the organization that made said product, but plonking your butt down in front of a TV and watching a game somehow correlates to active participation.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.