Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 279411 times)

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
Re: NFL thread 2014
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2014, 08:19:21 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2014, 10:06:14 PM »
You know, prior to the SB - when I figured Denver was a shoe in - I thought Decker should go to the Seahawks and become their #1, then he's got a real chance at winning back-to-back rings with different teams.  Well, we all know how that turned out this year.  With Tate proving himself to be a complete hypocrite in less than 5 weeks, I can totally see Decker going to Seattle.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2014, 10:09:45 PM »
You know, prior to the SB - when I figured Denver was a shoe in - I thought Decker should go to the Seahawks and become their #1, then he's got a real chance at winning back-to-back rings with different teams.  Well, we all know how that turned out this year.  With Tate proving himself to be a complete hypocrite in less than 5 weeks, I can totally see Decker going to Seattle.

Too late.   News reporting that he just went to the Jets...
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2014, 10:13:29 PM »

Too late.   News reporting that he just went to the Jets...

:jets:

From Manning to Geno.  What a downgrade.  5 years; $36.25.  Guess it is all about the coin ladies and gentlemen.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2014, 10:31:02 PM »
Even though I dislike Tate cause he is a hot-dogging d-bag, I am not sure he is a hypocrite.  It sounds like Seattle wasn't that keen on keeping him, and once the Lions made the offer, he probably figured why not.  Considering he's not even that good (but hell, I could catch 50 balls playing with Megatron drawing double and triple coverage all day), it is hard to blame him for accepting an offer that good.

As for Decker, what a dumbass.  If he had gotten close to 10 mil a year, like was rumored he might get, then okay, but I gotta believe that other teams could have offered him just as much, yet he picks the Jets to go to?  His career is dead in the water now.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2014, 07:27:54 AM »
As for Decker, what a dumbass.  If he had gotten close to 10 mil a year, like was rumored he might get, then okay, but I gotta believe that other teams could have offered him just as much, yet he picks the Jets to go to?  His career is dead in the water now.

There's a few things we don't know:

- How much were other teams offering?
 - How much of Decker's Jets contract is guaranteed?
 - Is the Jets contract front-loaded in some way.

I agree this looks bad.  He signed to play with Geno Smith for not very much money.  But we don't totally know why.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2014, 07:49:12 AM »
Eagles trade 5th rounder for Darren Sproles! Very excited to see what Chip has in store for him.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2014, 08:12:34 AM »

I agree this looks bad.  He signed to play with Geno Smith for not very much money.  But we don't totally know why.

My brother told me he read (possibly on twitter, so who knows how reliable it is :lol) that Decker's wife really wants to live in NY.  Sounds like a dumb reason, but if you've ever seen his wife, I'd probably do what she wants me to do, too. :rollin :rollin

Eagles trade 5th rounder for Darren Sproles! Very excited to see what Chip has in store for him.

That Eagles offense is gonna be scary.  McCoy, Sproles, D. Jackson, Maclin and Cooper is a nightmare of collective skill position players for DCs to prepare for.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2014, 09:04:34 AM »

I sometimes think the agents and players union push the players into bad situations because they don't want contract values subdued in any way.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2014, 11:47:29 AM »
  I guess the Raiders had buyers remorse   :lol  All I know is I'm glad we got him back. 

https://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/6716/rams-get-saffold-back-in-wild-fashion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2014, 11:49:45 AM »
Upon further review, the Broncos won't be in cap hell in a few years like I originally assumed.  Elway is doing a great job at managing the cap, while making sure the future isn't being mortgaged.  Keep in mind that, assuming he retires in the next couple years, Peyton's salary will be coming off the books, so that will be a huge number off the cap.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2014, 11:52:38 AM »
Peyton's salary will be coming off the books, so that will be a huge number off the cap.

I would figure that's in the organizations mind with regards to the next few years and their Cap.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2014, 07:01:54 PM »
New England, perhaps (pls no).

COOL MAN ANY OTHER PREDICTIONS YOU WANNA MAKE?

LIKE ERIC DECKER TO THE LOLJETS???

....UGH

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2014, 10:48:14 PM »
Man, fuck the Saints' front office. Why don't they just abduct the entire fan base at gun point and have us blow Philly's fans?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #191 on: March 14, 2014, 02:47:43 AM »
Man, fuck the Saints' front office. Why don't they just abduct the entire fan base at gun point and have us blow Philly's fans?

Foles and three firsts for Drew Brees?
Over and over again

• DT.net Member
« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2014, 08:07:35 AM »

Foles and three firsts for Drew Brees?

I think you can go eat a fuckin raw onion.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2014, 08:55:40 AM »
Nah we don't want to give up a whole bunch for their great players when they'll just give us their good players for free anyway.  :P

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2014, 10:01:47 AM »
I'm gonna guess the Panthers have some tricks up their sleeves for getting Cam Newton, you know, someone EXPERIENCED to throw the ball to.  :lol After cutting Steve Smith and some other losses in free agency, who the hell do they have left?
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2014, 10:30:39 AM »
Seahawks are rumored to be interested in re-signing Sydney Rice after cutting him.    Another rumor is that they have their eyes on Steve Smith....

I don't think there was ever any doubt that we needed some bigger targets for Wilson.   If Harvin is the center of attention, he's going to get KILLED.   

I don't know much about Smith, other than he's talented enough to put up some decent fantasy numbers.  Is he a big target, or another little squirrely guy like Welker?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2014, 10:32:13 AM »
I want Steve Smith to go to the Saints so he can face the Panthers twice a year and we can see all of that blood and guts he was talking about. :lol :lol

That aside, Smith is still good, but not really a number 1 anymore.  If he catches on as a number 2 somewhere, I think he can get back to approaching 1,000 yards and scoring 6+ times. 

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2014, 03:29:47 PM »
RAVENS SIGN STEVE SMITH!!!

Signing him, while re-signing  Dennis Pitta, Eugene Monroe, Jacoby Jones and Daryl Smith, is a hell of a job!

Rapoport reporting that Smith canceled a trip to New England because he was so impressed with the Ravens!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2014, 04:45:45 PM »
Great pick up DOC!

And now I give you the greatest Youtube video I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt9sKBffJp8&feature=youtu.be

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2014, 05:40:30 PM »
RAVENS SIGN STEVE SMITH!!!

Signing him, while re-signing  Dennis Pitta, Eugene Monroe, Jacoby Jones and Daryl Smith, is a hell of a job!

Rapoport reporting that Smith canceled a trip to New England because he was so impressed with the Ravens!
Congratulations, man. I hope you enjoy him as much as I have.

Fucking Panthers.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #200 on: March 14, 2014, 05:51:04 PM »
Great pick up DOC!

And now I give you the greatest Youtube video I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt9sKBffJp8&feature=youtu.be
Kinda don't know what to say after watching that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: March 14, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »
I did the same thing.  Jaw dropped but it's so well done. :lol

Edit:

After the 4 game suspension 3 year 17 mil.

https://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10609698/new-england-patriots-brandon-browner-reach-agreement-deal
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:02:14 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #202 on: March 14, 2014, 08:15:45 PM »
Damn that's a fearsome cornerback tandem

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #203 on: March 14, 2014, 09:29:07 PM »
Dolphins signed Fannegan or however you spell it.

Dat CB duo. I love Grimes so much. Looks like our D is gonna be great, though we could use maybe another LB

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2014, 05:04:52 AM »
Panthers have lost all of their WRs and half of their secondary.  And they aren't doing really anything in free agency.

They won't be worth dick next season.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2014, 07:02:51 AM »
According to overthecap.com, the Panthers only have 4.5 mil in cap space.  Poor salary management has come back to bite them.
Over and over again

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2014, 07:36:27 AM »
Yeah, they'd just found their way out of the wilderness and looked really good, and bad salary management is going to undercut them big time.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2014, 08:55:23 AM »
According to overthecap.com, the Panthers only have 4.5 mil in cap space.  Poor salary management has come back to bite them.

They spent a lot of money on those RBs that their coaching staff never used enough or correctly. :lol :lol :lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2014, 09:16:32 AM »
Don't talk about Tim Biakabutuka that way.

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2014, 02:10:22 PM »
jeff van gundy gif
This is the greatest thing I have ever seen. Thank you.