Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 283867 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: NFL thread 2014 v. 31 horse race
« Reply #1435 on: September 19, 2014, 05:50:17 PM »
oh...you...    ;D  :P
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1436 on: September 20, 2014, 09:24:41 AM »
ESPN reporting that John Harbaugh wanted to cut Rice after the FIRST video was released, but the Ravens front office wouldn't have it.

Faith in Harbaugh, same as it ever was.
Faith in the Ravens organization..... damn.

It sounds like Goodell is good pals with Steve Bisciotti, and that that friendship is why he went soft on Rice with the initial 2-game suspension.

Those texts Bisciotti sent Rice are most interesting as well. 

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1437 on: September 20, 2014, 01:58:23 PM »
https://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

If most of this is true, the owners need to fire Goodell with a rocket up his ass, and Biscotti needs to hammered by a new commish and forced to clean house in the front office.  It is a shame that fines on the front office are capped at $500,000, because that means any effective punishment of Biscotti is going to effect the product on the field, and it really shouldn't beyond the release of Rice.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1438 on: September 20, 2014, 05:11:35 PM »
https://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

If most of this is true, the owners need to fire Goodell with a rocket up his ass, and Biscotti needs to hammered by a new commish and forced to clean house in the front office.  It is a shame that fines on the front office are capped at $500,000, because that means any effective punishment of Biscotti is going to effect the product on the field, and it really shouldn't beyond the release of Rice.

If most of this is true, I may no longer choose to identify myself as a Ravens fan. And that's something that I never thought I'd consider once the NFL came back to Baltimore.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1439 on: September 20, 2014, 05:24:24 PM »

If most of this is true, I may no longer choose to identify myself as a Ravens fan. And that's something that I never thought I'd consider once the NFL came back to Baltimore.
Go Browns!! :metal
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1440 on: September 20, 2014, 05:35:08 PM »

You would make a good Panthers fan.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1441 on: September 20, 2014, 06:16:26 PM »
Back off, Remy. The Oilers have first dibs.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1442 on: September 20, 2014, 06:51:12 PM »

First I was going to say that was silly. Hell, Michael Irvin's off the field antics made me like him and the team even more. But then I stopped being a longtime Cowboy fan in 2010 because of the shameful character of the organization. I can certainly relate to ditching a team because the ownership/management are rotten. I wouldn't abandon my favorite team because of one player, or even bad decisions by shitty management. If I decided that they really didn't reflect what I like about football, though, that'd be a different story.

And that (along with that Godlike bastard of a coach of theirs) is why I'm a Patriots fan. That's a class act of an organization. After following a team run by Jerry Jones for so long moving to Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick was just a pleasure.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1443 on: September 20, 2014, 09:05:34 PM »
Yeah, if you take away that whole Spygate thing, the Patriots are just the definition of class. :rollin :rollin

And let's not forget how many times Belichick has acted like a crybaby sore loser following a playoff loss.  Class?  Even if you take away Spygate, that's still freaking rich.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1444 on: September 20, 2014, 09:13:16 PM »
Billy B?  No he has not but he runs  one hell of a smooth ship.

Robert Kraft.  100% class all the way. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #1445 on: September 20, 2014, 09:26:48 PM »
ESPN reporting that John Harbaugh wanted to cut Rice after the FIRST video was released, but the Ravens front office wouldn't have it.

Faith in Harbaugh, same as it ever was.
Faith in the Ravens organization..... damn.
Why though? I don't care what Harbough originally wanted, nothing changes that he came out and said he stood behind Rice, calling him a heck of a guy.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1446 on: September 21, 2014, 08:23:19 AM »
Yeah, if you take away that whole Spygate thing, the Patriots are just the definition of class. :rollin :rollin

And let's not forget how many times Belichick has acted like a crybaby sore loser following a playoff loss.  Class?  Even if you take away Spygate, that's still freaking rich.
Kev, I would never try and change your mind about the Pats and SpyGate. Belichick does some dirty work, and he's an SOB for sure. And you know what, I think there's some skeletons in Kraft's closet too.
But I think as an organization, they're pretty classy. And generally stand for the right things. I'm not saying they're classier than anyone else, as I'm not close to any other team.

But Jerry Jones..he sucks! :lol

I'm a casual football fan, so I'm not a Mr. gung ho Pats fan.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1447 on: September 21, 2014, 11:34:28 AM »
Spygate was a complete non-event. If anybody thinks their team isn't doing stuff just as shady they're either stunningly naive or their team just isn't trying hard enough. As for Belichick being a sore loser, I'm not a fan because of his charming demeanor. In fact, I find it rather refreshing that his public perception is so completely meaningless to him. His players respect him. Other players and coaches respect him. Non-Patirots fans and reporters hate him. My kind of guy. Besides which, as others have supported, the Patriots is a class organization. I'm surprised when somebody would suggest otherwise.

And Andy Dalton just caught a TD pass. Always love seeing that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1448 on: September 21, 2014, 11:40:41 AM »
These defensive hold calls are getting ridiculous.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1449 on: September 21, 2014, 12:11:25 PM »
Dennis Pitta just went down untouched after catching a pass. Had to be carted off. Looks like it might have to do with his previous hip injury. I feel really bad for him.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1450 on: September 21, 2014, 12:36:03 PM »
Yankees not making the postseason* is going to make it hard to not watch NFL. But man, I gotta stick to my goons. Goodell is a fucking goon and he needs to go.

*mathematically not eliminated, but fuck it, they ain't makin it

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1451 on: September 21, 2014, 12:37:57 PM »
Billy B?  No he has not but he runs  one hell of a smooth ship.

Robert Kraft.  100% class all the way.

I don't know enough about Kraft to say one way or the other, but I just know that, despite being a great coach, Belichick is a major jerk.  This is a guy who walked off the field instead of congratulating Tom Coughlin when they lost the Super Bowl following the '07 season.  He wouldn't know what class is if someone took a running shot of it with one of his own cameras.

Kev, I would never try and change your mind about the Pats and SpyGate. Belichick does some dirty work, and he's an SOB for sure. And you know what, I think there's some skeletons in Kraft's closet too.
But I think as an organization, they're pretty classy. And generally stand for the right things. I'm not saying they're classier than anyone else, as I'm not close to any other team.

But Jerry Jones..he sucks! :lol

I'm a casual football fan, so I'm not a Mr. gung ho Pats fan.

Well sure, compared to Jerry Jones, many are gonna look classy. :lol :lol

Spygate was a complete non-event. If anybody thinks their team isn't doing stuff just as shady they're either stunningly naive or their team just isn't trying hard enough. As for Belichick being a sore loser, I'm not a fan because of his charming demeanor. In fact, I find it rather refreshing that his public perception is so completely meaningless to him. His players respect him. Other players and coaches respect him. Non-Patirots fans and reporters hate him. My kind of guy. Besides which, as others have supported, the Patriots is a class organization. I'm surprised when somebody would suggest otherwise.

Hahahahaha, that's a good one.  You're really gonna use the "everybody does it" excuse?  Because all gamesmanship and cheating is created equal, right?  The fact that Belichick did it and was caught right after the league sent out a memo saying that teams not do it, was the height of arrogance. 

Let me know when the Belichick/Brady duo win a Super Bowl post-Spygate. ;)

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1452 on: September 21, 2014, 12:48:32 PM »

And Andy Dalton just caught a TD pass. Always love seeing that.

This is just stupifying to me.   If I honestly thought the ENTIRE league was THAT corrupt...I promise you I would be completely done with football.   

And don't start with the Seahawks figuring out Manning's signals, because that was something that was on film where ANYONE could see it....the Seahawks were simply the first ones who noticed he had a pattern.   

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1453 on: September 21, 2014, 12:50:53 PM »
Plus, Seattle has the personnel to stop an immobile QB like Peyton. 

The fact that the Patriots have not won a Super Bowl since Spygate is telling.  Think of it this way: just that little bit of cheating can be the difference between barely winning and barely losing.  Their three Super Bowl wins, they barely won.  Their two Super Bowl losses post-Spygate, they barely lost.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm.  :corn

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1454 on: September 21, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »
Kev, listen. It's not like the Pats post Spyglass haven't had a better record.   Why Haven't They won?  Their D is not that good.   Hell, they've been bad.  When a team reliespecially on one side (O or D), tears can stop you in big games where the competition is equal.   That not Spyglass is the reason.

This year, their o-line is pathetic.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1455 on: September 21, 2014, 01:01:41 PM »
Okay, but in most of their playoff losses since Spygate, the offense is what struggled, not the defense:

17-14 (the greatest offense ever at the time scored 14 pts)
33-14 (the offense had like three or four turnovers in the first Q, leading to the early 24-0 deficit)
28-21 (but this was really a low-scoring game, but both teams scored a lot late...it was 21-14, until the Jets scored after an onside kick late, and NE threw in a garbage score at the very end)
21-17 (the offense was blanked after scoring on the first possession of the 2nd half)
28-13 (the offense was shut out at home in the second half)
26-16 (the offense had 3 points until it was 23-3 Denver in the 4th)

16 points per game from an offense featuring an all-time great QB isn't gonna get it done come playoff time.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1456 on: September 21, 2014, 01:33:08 PM »
The first game in 2007 the Giants deserve all the credit.  Everything else is a very good O with a very bad D.  I think last year's ST should explain that to you.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1457 on: September 21, 2014, 01:44:23 PM »
The bottom line is, regardless of how good or bad the offenses and defenses were those years, the Patriots offense has underachieved big time in every playoff loss they've had in the Brady/Belichick era.  It's not like they are going out and losing 37-34 games in the playoffs. Belichick is a crafty enough defensive coach to get good games out of mediocre defenses at the right times.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1458 on: September 21, 2014, 01:47:52 PM »
The bottom line is, regardless of how good or bad the offenses and defenses were those years, the Patriots offense has underachieved big time in every playoff loss they've had in the Brady/Belichick era.  It's not like they are going out and losing 37-34 games in the playoffs. Belichick is a crafty enough defensive coach to get good games out of mediocre defenses at the right times.
Brady has been very underwhelming in the playoff over the last half dozen years.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1459 on: September 21, 2014, 01:53:36 PM »
Green Bay....we're in for a long season ... :angry:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1460 on: September 21, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »
No doubt in the playoffs Kev.  Hell, I'm not happy about their line play this year.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 02:04:47 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #1461 on: September 21, 2014, 02:02:28 PM »
That was the cheapest shot on Foles I've ever seen.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1462 on: September 21, 2014, 02:20:47 PM »
   Hell, I'm not happy about their line play this year.
It sure sucked today.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1463 on: September 21, 2014, 02:24:25 PM »
Tough loss to the Chargers today. EJ has his moments, but he's still making a lot questionable decisions. We have the tools, I think EJ just needs to get a full season, not hampered with injury to truly see if he's the guy to lead the Bills.

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #1464 on: September 21, 2014, 03:33:23 PM »
Green Bay....we're in for a long season ... :angry:

No shit... trying not to overreact, but this is very discouraging. For once we can't complain at the defense (10 points against Detroit is quite good I think) but the offense has been stinking for 3 games now except the second half vs the Jets. Rodgers is a shell of himself and the offensive playcalling has been nothing short of atrocious.

I'm trying to keep my composure, hopefully the offense will also turn it around... but man, talk about a bleak outlook.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1465 on: September 21, 2014, 03:33:32 PM »
Curious fact about the Pats/Raiders game: every point was scored by someone who's last name ended in "-kowski". :lol
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1466 on: September 21, 2014, 03:50:20 PM »
Curious fact about the Pats/Raiders game: every point was scored by someone who's last name ended in "-kowski". :lol

Racist!!    :lol

Kev, so what does that have to do with Spygate ?  We can all  point out that Denver hasn't won a SB since that Denver skirted the cap rules and was charged with a draft pick.   We both can play that game.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:04:55 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1467 on: September 21, 2014, 04:22:02 PM »
I don't even like being on the plus side of horrible calls like that one.  >:(

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1468 on: September 21, 2014, 04:51:49 PM »
Whoa!  The Cards are beating the Niners???? 

Don't tell me the 2 dog fight in the west will be the Seahawks and the Cards....

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1469 on: September 21, 2014, 05:02:54 PM »
Part of me is thrilled to see the Niners choke away another one, but this one costs me a point; lousy bastards. I was expecting a complete collapse this season, and a couple of silly losses is exactly how that can come about. They're just not as good as they think the hype and I think there's a good chance they start to turn on each other.
E.F. Benson