Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 279371 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: NFL thread 2014
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2014, 08:04:37 AM »
Jon Martin traded to 49ers.  Probably the best opportunity for him.  Hope he makes the best of it.
Why is it the best opportunity for him? There's a fair amount of ego floating around there. A coach who's a possible nutjob. Pre-existing drama in the locker-room. A possible coaching change. Not saying you're wrong, but it doesn't strike me as a good fit for a guy with depression and self-esteem issues.

???  I think you're thinking of the Cowboys.  I'll give you the "possible nutjob" issue, since I can see where that perception may be there from the outside.  But I have no idea what you mean about "ego," "pre-existing drama in the locker-room," or "a possible coaching change."  None of those issues exist in SF.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2014, 08:07:39 AM »
Talib to Denver.

That hurts.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2014, 09:53:10 AM »
This is the kind of signing I love.

"The #Eagles and free-agent S/special teams ace Chris Maragos agreed on a 3-year, $4 M deal, with $1 M guaranteed, per source."

Cheap, speculative deal with high upside.

Keep at it Roseman!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:31:21 AM by ReaPsTA »
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2014, 10:27:26 AM »
They also just signed Houston LB (but mainly special teamer) Bryan Braman to essentially the same deal.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2014, 10:32:46 AM »
Nice.

I like the Eagles going out and signing special teams guys.  It shows an evolution from the dream team mentality, when they signed big name guys and neglected the smaller roles.
Over and over again

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2014, 10:35:41 AM »
Eagles signed Malcolm Jenkins to a 3 year 16.25 million deal with 8.5 million guaranteed.

I like it.  He's apparently a good player and the deal is very reasonable.

Black Floyd, what do you think of this?
Over and over again

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2014, 12:14:47 PM »
I think you can go eat a fuckin raw onion.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »

So this means he's a good player?
Over and over again

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2014, 12:49:39 PM »
Not 100% sure how I feel about Denver's strategy.  They're close enough to title contention for it to be valid, but they're eating up all their cap room with like two or three guys.  What if one of them gets injured?  What if the other players are so bad that having Miller, Ware, and Talib doesnt matter?

Also, wasn't Denver's offensive line not very good last year?  Shouldn't they be trying to improve there?

And also, aren't they a little too willing it seems to let Decker go?  Their other receivers are fantastic, but you don't dump arguably your 1st or 2nd best one.
Over and over again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2014, 12:51:45 PM »
Not 100% sure how I feel about Denver's strategy.  They're close enough to title contention for it to be valid, but they're eating up all their cap room with like two or three guys.  What if one of them gets injured?  What if the other players are so bad that having Miller, Ware, and Talib doesnt matter?

They saved a ton by cutting Champ Bailey, so they are actually not in as bad a cap space as you would have thought.  Talib will be making slightly less in 2014 than Bailey would have.  Granted, this is gonna bit them in the ass when they have tons of dead cap space in a few years, but they are going all in to try and win one before Peyton is finished. 

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2014, 12:55:37 PM »
Granted, this is gonna bit them in the ass when they have tons of dead cap space in a few years, but they are going all in to try and win one before Peyton is finished.

It's not all bad.  Peyton's making 20 mil a year.  That's a lot of cap room to get back when he's done.
Over and over again

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2014, 01:00:32 PM »
I hope they can do it (unless, of course, they are playing the '9ers).
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2014, 01:07:25 PM »
Keep in mind though that Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas are both still playing on their rookie contracts, and paying them, especially Demaryius, will not be cheap. 

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2014, 01:11:20 PM »
Keep in mind though that Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas are both still playing on their rookie contracts, and paying them, especially Demaryius, will not be cheap.

Very true.  You have to plan out your future cap management, or else you end up like the Saints or the Cowboys.
Over and over again

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2014, 01:11:56 PM »
You know, I just realized that I've been running this forum for a LONG time, and my contract hasn't come up for renewal.  I think I'm going to test the market myself.  DTF, I am hereby announcing my free agency!  If you want to keep me, I think it's time to pony up the cash!

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2014, 01:13:07 PM »
What if we start direct delivering bacon to your house?
Over and over again

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2014, 01:14:06 PM »
I don't deal in "what if?"  Show me the pork!

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2014, 01:25:09 PM »
Wait, hold on.  This isn't my fault.  They told me they sent a truck and the package was delivered successfuly.

Look, they sent me this picture!

Over and over again

• DT.net Member
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2014, 01:27:50 PM »

So this means he's a good player?

Not great but worked better in our system than I expect whomever replaces him to.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2014, 01:38:54 PM »
Wait, hold on.  This isn't my fault.  They told me they sent a truck and the package was delivered successfuly.

Look, they sent me this picture!

Oh.  Well, okay then.  I guess that takes care of it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2014, 01:48:24 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2014, 01:49:17 PM »
See, this right here is why I never have any money.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2014, 01:52:43 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »
Tampa just released Revis. Got damn.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2014, 01:56:02 PM »
Not unexpected.  I wonder who will pick him up.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #165 on: March 12, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »
New England, perhaps (pls no).

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #166 on: March 12, 2014, 02:05:00 PM »
Revis is a good pickup on the right contract.  The problem is, a team's probably willing to overpay for him, which makes his market value unrealistically high.
Over and over again

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2014, 03:38:07 PM »
You know, I just realized that I've been running this forum for a LONG time, and my contract hasn't come up for renewal.  I think I'm going to test the market myself.  DTF, I am hereby announcing my free agency!  If you want to keep me, I think it's time to pony up the cash!

2 words......

CAP ......  CASUALTY       :lol ;)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2014, 03:43:22 PM »

2 words......

CAP ......  CASUALTY       :lol ;)

2 more words....

Franchise...Tag! ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2014, 03:48:28 PM »
“I probably shouldn’t even say this right now but I’m going to say it anyway just because I love Seattle, honestly, I would rather take a little less to be happy and win ball games than to take way more and go to a crappy city where the fans don’t give a crap about the team. You win a game once a month or something like that. I would much rather stay in the situation that I have now for a little less than to go and try to break the bank somewhere else,” - Golden Tate(Feb 4, 2014)

He just signed a 5 year deal with the Lions. 

EDIT: 5 years $31 Million, with $13 Million guaranteed.   I guess the money kinda did matter after all.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2014, 03:52:45 PM »
Sports radio is blowing up here in Boston that Revis is going to sign with the Pats from inside sources but I'll believe it when it is official.  That would be awesome.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2014, 04:01:53 PM »
Ravens resign Eugene Monroe and Jacoby Jones (and Dennis Pitta a while back). I'm happy!

Denver's spending some money on some old defensive players. Maybe they should have looked to improve that O-Line. Or maybe they're hoping that they don't have so many injuries next year.  It also looks like they're letting Decker go get 1st WR money somewhere.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2014, 05:08:29 PM »
I wanna play WR on the same team as him so we can demolish opposing secondaries as black_ and Decker.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
From Adam Schefter:

CB Darrelle Revis and the New England Patriots have reached agreement on a one-year, $12 million deal, league sources told ESPN.

WOOOOOOOT!!!!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2014, 06:43:40 PM »
From Adam Schefter:

CB Darrelle Revis and the New England Patriots have reached agreement on a one-year, $12 million deal, league sources told ESPN.

WOOOOOOOT!!!!

Congrats.