Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 203623 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1890 on: March 29, 2017, 09:06:45 AM »
HHH is still in fantastic shape

Agreed. And he can still wrestle a great match.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1891 on: March 29, 2017, 09:10:33 AM »

Yeah he put on really good matches with ambrose and ziggler last year. It's a shame people mainly focus on the awful mania match lol
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1892 on: March 29, 2017, 09:12:07 AM »

Yeah he put on really good matches with ambrose and ziggler last year. It's a shame people mainly focus on the awful mania match lol

Well there's a huge difference between working someone like Ambrose and Ziggler, vs. working someone like Reigns or Old-Sting.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1893 on: March 29, 2017, 09:14:39 AM »
I remember actually enjoying the 32 match. Seems like it was just me.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1894 on: March 29, 2017, 07:06:34 PM »

That's not fair to either Wyatt or Owens (especially Owens). Both are great wrestlers who can bring out the best in their opponents. To write them off because they're both a bit overweight just isn't right.

Perhaps. I probably should have worded it better.

Looking great, which is easy for him since we know he is a workout freak and he doesn't have to deal with the rigors of the road anymore, but being in ring shape is another.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1895 on: March 29, 2017, 10:20:31 PM »

Looking great, which is easy for him since we know he is a workout freak and he doesn't have to deal with the rigors of the road anymore, but being in ring shape is another.

Yep. Two completely different things. HHH probably also doesn't have to worry about the wellness policy....
Often a wrestler will look good and be in otherwise great physical shape, but once they get in the ring, they get blown up very quickly and just can't handle a 20-30 minute match. I noticed it recently watching the Rock's two Wrestlemania matches with Cena. He looked more fit than he ever did as an active wrestler, but he could not keep up with the pace at all, and needed a headlock for a breather every couple of minutes. He looked totally wiped early on. I've noticed it with many recent HHH matches too. Apparently he's been wrestling at house shows to prepare for it, so hopefully it will be enough to help.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1896 on: March 31, 2017, 01:53:44 PM »
Trying to figure out if it makes sense for a big Finn Balor return at Wrestlemania. Lesnar beats Goldberg, Heyman cuts a promo about how nobody can beat his beast, and then the lights go out and the demon shows up owed a match for the title he never lost. Only thing I don't necessarily like about it would be that you'd either have to have Finn lose which wouldn't make any sense (his demon bit should start out with a decent PPV win streak) or have Lesnar finally beat Goldberg only to immediately put over someone else.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1897 on: March 31, 2017, 02:26:48 PM »
I am leaning towards saying that the Lesnar/Goldberg match goes on last, I think that's the clear choice.  And I also think its a solid bet that Lesnar wins; but I can't see Lesnar ending the show with him celebrating.  So there is very likely a curve ball at the end of the night.  Who shows up is anybodies guess.  I don't think Finn would be a big enough of a surprise but its possible for sure.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1898 on: March 31, 2017, 09:59:50 PM »
It's looking like Taker/Reigns is going on last. Apparently Lesnar/Goldberg isn't going to be a long enough match to close out the show.

Either way, the ending of Wrestlemania will probably be extremely underwhelming.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1899 on: April 01, 2017, 05:13:45 AM »
It's looking like Taker/Reigns is going on last. Apparently Lesnar/Goldberg isn't going to be a long enough match to close out the show.

Either way, the ending of Wrestlemania will probably be extremely underwhelming.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1900 on: April 01, 2017, 05:14:34 AM »
:lol That was me trying to be optimistic. Can you feel it?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1901 on: April 01, 2017, 07:20:27 PM »
Wow. What an amazing match. The Authors of Pain, The Revival, and #DIY may be an early contender for Match of the Year.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1902 on: April 02, 2017, 01:30:47 AM »
Bobby Roode is one of my current favorites no question.  He has all the tools and deserves a main roster spot.

The Hall of Fame show was good, but WWE needs to condense things a bit as that was a pretty long show.  But of course Wrestlemania will be at least 6 hours long, probably 6.5

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1903 on: April 02, 2017, 07:50:40 AM »
My Booty Wrestlemania predicts;

Cruiserweight Championship Match - Neville retains

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal – Braun Stroman

Raw Tag Team Championship Match – Enzo & Cass win

Smackdown Women’s Championship Match – Naomi wins.

Intercontinental Title Match – Ambrose retains

AJ vs. Shane – AJ wins… Shane does something crazy.

Cena & Bella vs. Miz & Maryse – Cena and Bella win, Cena
proposes.

Raw Women’s Championship Match – Sasha wins.

United States Championship Match -Owens wins….which I think that someone winning the US Title a month after holding a Top Title for months is ridiculous… but oh well.

Unsanctioned Match – Seth “wins”.

WWE Championship Match – Wyatt retains.

The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns – The Undertaker wins.

Universal Championship match – Brock Lesnar wins. Match is much longer and much better than the previous ones. (Hopefully Finn Balor or someone leaves with the title somehow)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1904 on: April 02, 2017, 07:54:06 AM »
I agree with Destiny about all the matches he predicted except that I say Baron wins the IC belt and Charlotte wins the Raw Women's title

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1905 on: April 02, 2017, 07:55:34 AM »
I agree with most of those (or don't feel confident enough in my predictions to disagree), except I really think Reigns might have this one.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1906 on: April 02, 2017, 08:01:34 AM »
This is the best chance to officially turn Reigns heel. If he defeats Taker the crowd will go nuts especially if he uses some cheating tactic to win. During the Hall of Fame show Reigns gave a very cocky heelish look to the camera so that might be a sign. He's definitely been heelish the last few weeks but it's time to turn it up a notch. There is big money to be made with a heel Reigns; the babyface experiment is done

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1907 on: April 02, 2017, 10:46:41 AM »
Still can't get over how stupidly great the tag match last night was.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1908 on: April 02, 2017, 01:24:20 PM »
Cena and Nikki don't need this win. They need to put Miz over. John has been overly arrogant and confident about winning, and that's a great reason why Miz should get the upset win.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1909 on: April 02, 2017, 02:08:08 PM »
I get the impression that Cena feels this match is beneath him to begin with.  Taking the loss would be another step down for him it would seem.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #1910 on: April 02, 2017, 02:20:22 PM »
I hope Taker doesn't lose. Even though this may be his last match, he should go out with a win, plus most of the fans hate Reigns, like X-Pac heat, but Vince doesn't seem to care. And expect Lesnar to win. No way is he having 3 straight losses to Goldberg

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1911 on: April 02, 2017, 02:32:26 PM »
I can't believe Wrestlemania Sunday is finally here. I'm so pumped. :metal
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1912 on: April 02, 2017, 02:38:01 PM »
I'm going to watch it on a movie theater screen!  Should be good

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1913 on: April 02, 2017, 02:55:29 PM »
I get the impression that Cena feels this match is beneath him to begin with.  Taking the loss would be another step down for him it would seem.

I haven't watched much Smackdown lately to see the build for that match, but I'd be surprised if that was the case for Cena, just from what I've heard about his professionalism in the past. Fantasy booking for me would have Miz/Maryse winning, let Cena do his rumored Wrestlemania proposal to Nikki afterwards, and then Miz cuts a promo on Tuesday about having beaten Cena and not having any competition and Daniel Bryan brings out a debuting Shinsuke Nakamura.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1914 on: April 02, 2017, 03:12:42 PM »
So is there anything worth watching in the pre-show thing. Or its better to just wait till two hours from now to start watching

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1915 on: April 02, 2017, 03:14:20 PM »
There will be a couple matches during the pre show, including Neville vs Aries for the Cruiserweight title, which should be dope
Photobucket sucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1916 on: April 02, 2017, 05:28:03 PM »
Surprised that AJ is in the opening spot, but that's actually a great spot if you're not one of the main events. This match is an abomination though.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1917 on: April 02, 2017, 05:42:12 PM »
For what it was, I enjoyed it. But knowing that it could have been against Shawn wasn't doing it any favors

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1918 on: April 02, 2017, 05:45:56 PM »
Surprised that AJ is in the opening spot, but that's actually a great spot if you're not one of the main events. This match is an abomination though.

I thought it was great.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1919 on: April 02, 2017, 05:46:26 PM »
^^ what he said.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1920 on: April 02, 2017, 05:47:38 PM »
AJ did the best he could with what he was working with (ie nothing), but the booking of that match was awful. Shane was sloppy as shit too. Shane should not have been competitive, he should not have beaten AJ in a fist fight, he should not have lost by taking himself out with the table and shooting star press. He should have gotten his ass handed to him by the best wrestler in the world. At least the outcome was correct.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1921 on: April 02, 2017, 05:51:17 PM »
AJ did the best he could with what he was working with (ie nothing), but the booking of that match was awful. Shane was sloppy as shit too. Shane should not have been competitive, he should not have beaten AJ in a fist fight, he should not have lost by taking himself out with the table and shooting star press. He should have gotten his ass handed to him by the best wrestler in the world. At least the outcome was correct.

Shane has always been sloppy and has always been put up against wrestlers far above his skill level.  His match with angle comes to mind.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1922 on: April 02, 2017, 06:00:33 PM »
Shane has always been sloppy and has always been put up against wrestlers far above his skill level.  His match with angle comes to mind.

Speaking of that match with Angle.  I saw a before and after picture in 2001 before they were going to do the street fight and then one in 2017 of them hanging together.  Man, they aged horribly in 2017 which was not surprising given the bumps that Shane did in the few matches he did and Kurt having a period with his drug/medication/neck issues.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1923 on: April 02, 2017, 06:11:48 PM »
Neither of them are young either.

Owens / Jericho was good. 2nd match is not a great spot, but they still got a good amount of time. I guess they have to make up the time of the main events.

And now the good women's match? They're totally Wrestlemania 8'ing this card order. Loading up the best matches at the front end so they don't overshadow the weaker main events.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1924 on: April 02, 2017, 06:14:18 PM »
^^ Maybe, it could be good for the live crowd.  Maybe, some can take that opportunity beat traffic and doesn't have to sit through the crappy matches with the 20 minutes entrances.