Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 203847 times)

Offline mrrct

Re: Pro Wrestling Thread - New Champ to be crowned @Survivor Series.
« Reply #1225 on: November 24, 2015, 01:20:30 PM »
TNA is far worse, but even their product was better than current WWE in the late 2000s, before Hogan and Bischoff strip mined the company.

It was so depressing to see that TNA delivered in 2009 back-to-back quality main-event matches, two PPVs in a Row, regarding guys like Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, and Desmond Wolfe (Nigel Mcguinness) and then it all just went to crap a few years later (maybe even sooner).

The Joe/Kurt feud was good until they brought in Karen Angle.  She may be the only person in the world more annoying than Stephanie McMahon. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:18:36 AM by mrrct »

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1226 on: November 26, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »
Ahhh, sweet promotion video for NJPW's Wrestle Kingdom 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOZ2pE0WRaU&user=NJPW

Looks good.  Highlights how big this is, how it's probably the largest wrestling event in the world outside of Wrestlemania, and highlights how popular NJPW is nowadays (far from their prime in the 90s, but I think they are on an uptick atm).  Shows a good wide range of demographics from the adult men, to the women, to the kids on how they can enjoy this wrestling promotion without feeling out of place.

Entrances from past events look good.  They had Marty Friedman, formerly from Megadeth, play out to Hiroshi Tanahashi while Shinsuke Nakamura came out with strippers during the 2014 version.  Such swag.  I didn't see too much high production values in the entrances in WK 9 outside of the last two matches and I hope the production values get a little better for the next one. 

As for the rest of the video, it mainly highlights the past Wrestle Kingdom main events, mainly seeing Hiroshi Tanahashi winning the majority of the main events with two high fly flows (frog splashes), and shows the card thus far.  It's a good watch.  I'll be sure to stay up late to watch this event live.

Offline mrrct

« Reply #1227 on: November 26, 2015, 07:57:03 PM »
Wrestle Kingdom will have a really hard time matching last year's.  The Ibushi-Nakamura match for the IC Title was the best match I've seen all year, with only the Royal Rumble three-way and Sasha-Bayley from Brooklyn coming close to it.  The rematch between Okada and Tanahashi might not be as good as previous ones because I think it is going to be the eighth match between the two of them, and it will just be more of the same, except that I expect Tanahashi will put him over and there might be a changing of the guard moment.

It sucks that Ibushi is off the card due to his neck injury.  He absolutely stole the show last year and was probably destined to replace Tanahashi as the #1 face, although if Tenryu and Mutoh still wrestle at their ages and physical conditions, who knows how much longer Tanahashi will wrestle full time and still be the ace.

I haven't seen the NEVER or IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title matches announced.  The Makabe-Ishii match was great in a train wreck sort of way, so they could go that way again.  Shibata and Goto could face Guns and Gallows again, based on the World Tag League results, but I think I would rather see Shibata face Makabe or Ishii in a battle of forearms and stiff kicks.  The Junior Title Match will be better with Kushida facing Omega instead of Taguchi (the worst native wrestler on the roster IMHO), and the Jr. Tag four-way will be another car crash.  They'll probably bring in guys from NOAH or All Japan to fill out a few matches as well.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:15:01 PM by mrrct »

Offline mrrct

« Reply #1228 on: November 26, 2015, 08:34:48 PM »
I forgot to mention this year's IC Title Match between Styles and Nakamura.  I've always found Styles to be overrated, other than for a couple of his moves, and his character always bored the shit out of me, whether he was a face or a heel.  Nakamura is the best in the world, so I'm sure the match will be good, but not as good as last year's, because Ibushi was fantastic.

That video hyping Wrestle Kingdom was awesome, showing the closing sequences of all the main events.  I would have liked to see the Mutoh-Tanahashi match in its entirety, even though Mutoh was probably about as mobile as Khali even five years ago.  Also, it was cool to see Marty Friedman play Tanahashi out, like Living Color did with Punk and (ugh) Limp Bizkit did with 'Taker.

I'm sure the two Tanahashi-Nakamura matches were probably mind-blowing.  I didn't discover the show on AXS until this past August, so I think they played the WK8 match last winter or spring, with the G1 over the summer, since they're almost a year behind.

Offline mrrct

« Reply #1229 on: December 05, 2015, 08:29:56 AM »
The New Japan show on AXS was good again last night.  The NEVER Openweight Title match was extremely good with Honma and Ishii, with one unbelievably crazy spot by Honma.  There was a good comedy tag team match with Ibushi and Naito against Sakuraba and Yano.  New Japan even does comedy better than WWE, with Yano's exploits (hairpulling, nutshots) at least being funny.  The only mediocre match was the six-man with Meiyu Tag and Tanahashi against Guns and Gallows and Tama Tonga.  Guns and Gallows are very mediocre compared to even WWE teams like the Usos.  There is nothing that stands out about them other than their size.  Goto and Shibata did everything they could to make the match watchable, and when Tanahashi came in for his cameo there was little doubt what was going to happen (new boy Tama eats the pin).  The best thing about the show every week is that there is no 20 minute long opening promo, and that the only interview segments are taped away from the ring and shown in a retrospective manner months after the matches, at the very end of the show.  If WWE copied this, they might regain a few tenths of a ratings point.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1230 on: December 09, 2015, 10:20:24 PM »
The card for Wrestle Kingdom 10 is set.

Pre-Show New Japan Rumble - Over-the-top rope battle royal with two participants starting and one minute between entrances. Number and identity of participants TBD.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship 4-Way - reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) (c) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero & Beretta) vs. Ricochet & Matt Sydal

Special Six Man Tag Team Match - Toru Yano & Two Mystery Wrestlers vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga)

Special Singles Match (Note: If Lethal holds the belt at this point, it is performed for the ROH World Championship.)

Jay Lethal vs. Michael Elgin

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship - Kenny Omega (c) vs. KUSHIDA

IWGP Tag Team Championship - Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) (c) vs. Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma)

Special Singles Match - Hirooki Goto vs. Tetsuya Naito

NEVER Openweight Championship - Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata

IWGP Intercontinental Championship - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. AJ Styles

IWGP Heavyweight Championship - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

My thoughts.  Well, this should be a tremendous show.  The last three matches, if everyone is 100% and left to their own devices, should be mind-blowing.  The junior tag match should be a nice spotfest match (though I did wish it would be just 2v2).  The heavyweight tag match, if booked well, could be a great moment in the sun for Honma.  As for Elgin/Lethal, Lethal has got a title match coming up against AJ Styles on 12/18, but since this is wrestling and AJ is already in a big title match at WK, there's no way Elgin/Lethal isn't for the ROH belt.

I look forward to the watch.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1231 on: December 09, 2015, 10:27:46 PM »
Those last two matches should be excellent. I haven't seen a lot of NJPW, but I look forward to Wrestle Kingdom. Last year was amazing.

Speaking of amazing wrestling next year, Lucha Underground returns on 27th of January.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline mrrct

Re: Pro Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1232 on: December 10, 2015, 05:20:16 AM »
AJ's health, last I read, was up in the air.  If he can't go, the Nakamura match will be lackluster because they'll have to pull a retread out of the Battle Royal (Tenzan, Nagata, i.e.).

The NEVER match should be stiff as hell with Ishii against Shibata.  Even though Shibata wasn't a particularly good MMA fighter, he looks the part, and everything he does looks as though it hurts.  And Ishii gives and takes a great beating, as evidenced by his matches with Makabe and Honma last week.

I'm still a little confused about the heel/face dynamic when it comes to Great Bash Heel.  I've always thought that Makabe was a heel, just in the way he carried himself in the ring and how he calls the press "Bastards" repeatedly in the faux press conferences after the matches.  His tag team partner, Honma, is cheered big-time however, and Ishii was booed last week.  Ishii, meanwhile, is Nakamura's tag team partner.  Nakamura is the most over guy in the promotion, even though he is nominally a heel, and the crowd actually laughs or cheers when he cheats, much like Toru Yanu.

The junior singles match will be better this year with Kushida instead of Taguchi, just for the sake of not having to look at Rear Views as a finisher in a serious wrestling match.  However, since Kushida is challenging for the singles title, the junior tag match will not be as good with the Time Splitters not in it, although Ricochet and Evan Bourne should be a good replacement, and Roppongi Vice isn't that much different than Forever Hooligans.

Finally, it looks like Tanahashi is going to pass the torch to Okada this year, unless his backstage, political skills rival Triple H's, in which case, he'll continue to hold the top stop long after people want to see new blood.  I personally think Nakamura should be the man, because even though they went with him earlier (circa 2003-2004) he was just a bland heel then and not the performer that he is today.  I think Tanahashi is credited with bringing the company out of the doldrums of the mid-2000s (Inoki leaving the company, dual IWGP world champions, stronger competition from AJPW and NOAH, etc.), so that is why he still has his spot, but from what I've read, he's becoming Cena-stale.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1233 on: December 12, 2015, 07:24:09 AM »
So, I have barely watched this since the spring, but let me get this straight: in the span of two months, Seth Rollins legit broke John Cena's nose and then legit messed up Sting's neck?  Yeah, they have a word for wrestlers like that: unsafe.  It's probably good for the other performers that he is now out for a while with a torn ACL, since he can't anyone else in the ring if he isn't there.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1234 on: December 12, 2015, 07:41:09 AM »
I think it's just bad luck to happen in such close proximity, but two does not make a pattern here. Sting is 100 years old and brittle. The move was done fine, but Sting was clearly too old to be trying to take such a move. If done the same on any current wrestler, there wouldn't have been a problem, and I don't blame Rollins for not having experience fighting someone 20-30 years older than the rest of the roster.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1235 on: December 12, 2015, 09:37:11 AM »
and sting took 2 of the damn things. He said the first one felt rough but he thought he could take the second one better. He should have called the spot off.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1236 on: December 12, 2015, 09:40:27 AM »
Sting took at least the partial blame for that one.

From what I remember, the John Cena nose injury was a Seth screw up completely.

Offline mrrct

« Reply #1237 on: December 12, 2015, 09:41:54 AM »
Broken noses happen all the time in wrestling, especially in the indies, where WWE has to find its new talent now that they've put all of the other "Sports Entertainment"-style promotions out of business (TNA is on life support).  The non-Lucha indies wrestle a much stiffer, more realistic style, as does New Japan, where most of their competitors came from martial arts and some also fought shoot matches in PRIDE.  New Japan guys bust each other open the hard way all the time, and I'm sure I've seen Okada, one of their biggest stars, finish a match with a legitimate concussion, something that WWE wouldn't allow now.  Where WWE screwed up is letting Rollins keep too much of his indie move set, as the leaping knee strikes aren't a particularly entertaining move and are capable of legit damage, but then again it is his indie move set that got him over in the first place.

The Sting injury was going to happen with any simple bump, as it was later determined that he has spinal stenosis, which is essentially what ended Steve Austin's and Edge's careers.

Raw's ratings are lower now than Nitro's were when they were cancelled by AOL/Time Warner.   There is a major lack of star power on the roster right now.  Cena is on hiatus.  Rollins and Bryan are out with injuries, and from what I've read, the WWE is never going to clear Bryan (concussion related).  Orton is out again with his semi-annual shoulder dislocation, and they pay Lesnar $1M/date, so he's never on TV except on the go-homes before a Top Four p-p-v.  The good news is that Big Show is also out with a knee injury, so we're spared more Roman Reigns/Big Show main events, which is what Vince would give us every week.

The WWE has failed to produce new stars for several years now, and they refuse to listen to their fans and continue to push people nobody cares about.  The fans want Cesaro as a main eventer, but he's a jobber to the stars (and now he's injured too).  They have stopped and started pushes for Dolph Ziggler for about five years now.  Everybody they bring up from NXT is buried immediately, like Neville, Tyler Breeze, the Ascension, Adam Rose, etc., although most of them suck anyway.  Kevin Owens is the only NXT guy who gets any response at all, and it's mostly favorable, which is bad because he's a heel.  They will make Roman Reigns the face of their company no matter how many years it takes, and no matter how little number of fans want to see it happen.

The Divas Revolution is a disaster.  They bring up three good female wrestlers from NXT, after years of having bikini models in throwaway, 90-second matches, and essentially integrate them with the holdovers by forming three three-woman-teams and having throwaway, 90-second matches. One of the call ups, Sasha Banks, was an absolute star in NXT and should be the face of the division for years, but she is completely lost in the shuffle and just another girl.  The result of all of this is, other than sometimes two divas segments instead of one, is that casual fans don't want to sit through women's matches, while the fans that like NXT-style women's matches are disappointed greatly, so nobody is satisfied.  And the fact that they have a Charlotte-Paige feud where they miscast the face-heel dynamic, never have a blow off, and then turn the other heel clearly shows they have no idea what they're doing.  Or that Vince and Kevin Dunn just think that all women are bitches.

The fact is people will watch good wrestling if it's available.  My cable alone has 900 odd channels. and there are subscription channels in addition.  The New Japan show blows everybody else away.  The ROH show, despite its low production values, is more entertaining than Raw right now.  I don't get Lucha Underground on my cable, but people swear by it.  NXT does everything right that the main roster does wrong, except for heavily pushing Eva Marie, but that's a side product of Total Divas

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1238 on: December 12, 2015, 09:44:36 AM »
One of the first rules of being a pro wrestler is, you have to protect yourself AND your opponent.  I can't recall any other top wrestler over decades injuring two wrestlers to that extent in such a short span.  If they were loaded right now, I'll bet he would have punished by being demoted to the mid-card after the Cena incident alone, but given that at the time he was the champ and they the cupboard was/is bare, they likely had no choice to let him maintain his position (prior to his injury).

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1239 on: December 12, 2015, 09:51:09 AM »
Bryan won't get cleared to wrestle because Vince blames him for Reigns being hated by the smarks now.  I think it's clear their plan after WM30 was for:

-Lesnar to beat Bryan for the belt at SummerSlam
-Because he beat Bryan, Lesnar would get even more heat as a heel
-Reigns would eventually beat Lesnar at WM31 as a massive face and fans would relish in seeing Lesnar go down

However, once Bryan's neck put him out of commission, Cena became the champ and what happened was:

-Lesnar beat Cena for the belt at SummerSlam, which instead of making him even more of a hated heel, turned him into somewhat of a tweener, since so many dislike Cena
-Bryan was brought back too soon and then eliminated quickly at the Rumble, angering fans, and making fans turn on Reigns, whom they feel the WWE had predetermined to be the man, instead of Bryan, who organically got over as a face because of his natural charisma and awesome wrestling style
-Thus, Reigns did not win over Lesnar at WM, because the fans would have booed him unmercifully, like they did at the end of his Rumble win, so they did the swerve with Rollins running in and cashing in to win the belt

So now, Vince isn't about to let Bryan come back in and take all of the face cheers again, to where the fans take the "we'll boo anyone you put in the WM main event who isn't Daniel Bryan" approach.

Offline mrrct

« Reply #1240 on: December 12, 2015, 10:04:30 AM »
Everything you wrote until your last paragraph is entirely correct, Kev.

Bryan suffered a major concussion just after winning the Intercontinental Title at WrestleMania.  It was either in a televised match against Ziggler or on the English tour in a match against Sheamus.  The plan was for Bryan to elevate the IC belt the same way that Cena elevated the U.S. belt, by being defended every week on Smackdown and carrying the championship for months, maybe losing it briefly a time or two (like Rollins' month-long U.S. reign) but always regaining it.  Vince finally realized that passing the two mid-card belts around like a hot potato did nothing for their credibility and that by putting them on main eventers they'd become more than trinkets.  Plus it had the added benefit of giving Bryan's fans the satisfaction that he would at least be the undisputed star of Smackdown, since the WHC rarely appeared on it.

Of course, after Bryan relinquished the belt, it became a trinket again as it was given to Ryback and now Owens.

The WWE is struggling very badly right now and Vince would definitely activate Bryan right now if there was no issue.  He'd be the IC champ, although with Raw in the low 2's they'd probably bring him back to the flagship show.  They would just keep him out of the main event scene to not sabotage Reigns.  Vince is clearly worried about the Billy Jack Haynes/class-action concussion lawsuit and isn't going to let the plaintiffs use Bryan as exhibit A.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1241 on: December 12, 2015, 12:28:13 PM »
I thought Ryback and Kevin owens were good IC champs, and if ambrose wins at TLC I'm sure he will be too.

On a side note they just announced a Takeover event for Wrestlemania Weekend. Takeover Brooklyn blew summerslam out of the water IMO and I would not be surprised if people end up liking this one more than mania.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1242 on: December 14, 2015, 07:09:50 AM »
TLC wasn't as bad as I expected (although I expected nothing).

The pre-show match with Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch was great, it's a shame it was a match with no build-up blown on the pre-show. Maybe don't parrot Divas Revolution endlessly when you can't stick another women's match on the main show despite the popularity of Sasha (who's supposed to be a heel). The crowd still got behind it though. That match flowed so well, it just annoyed me more that any of the existing "divas" have been booked in competitive matches with these NXT girls.

The opening match was excellent. The New Day are stars, and are so over right now. The match itself was better than I expected, some great original high spots, and Xavier Woods on commentary was one of the best things ever.

Dean Ambrose winning was a pleasant surprise. I suppose this means they'll feud for another PPV or two, which I'm more than ok with. The match was solid.

The Diva's title match was ok, except that they can't even book their title feud properly. Diva's revolution my ass. Let's turn the champ heel right before the match, but leave Paige a heel too. Why do they have to make this look so hard?

The title match stunk, but the crowd knew it, so that softened the blow. I'm thoroughly over the tired done to death story they're pushing for Reigns leading into the Rumble /Wrestlemania stretch. If it worked in the Attitude era, surely it will keep working again and again for the next 20 years, right?

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1243 on: December 14, 2015, 08:36:30 AM »
I thought the title match was actually pretty good. The crowd really got on my nerves during it.

Also Im glad there is an actual storyline developing with Charlotte alienating Becky with her actions. First time a divas storyline has made sense in months.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1244 on: December 14, 2015, 08:38:28 AM »
Hopefully they can build enough of a storyline to stop using the words "diva's revolution" ever again. :lol

Heel Charlotte vs face Sasha Banks, Wrestlemania, make it happen.

Offline mrrct

« Reply #1245 on: December 14, 2015, 08:48:16 AM »
So Vince poached Mauro Ranallo from New Japan to take over haed announcing duties on Smackdown.  That sucks for the AXS New Japan show, because Ranallo's commentary was awesome. I hope they let Ranallo call matches the way he wants to, without Vince in his headset and Booker and Lawler arguing for time and trying to get themselves over, but with Vince, who knows.  I wish Ranallo got the RAW and p-p-v announcing gig, but he can't do it because it's a live show and he'll always be travelling weekends calling Showtime fights.  He can do Smackdown because it's a taped in the middle of the week.  Between Ranallo and Cole there is no comparison, and the B show will probably be worth watching now.  It just sucks that he won't be doing the A Show.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:19:23 AM by mrrct »

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1246 on: December 14, 2015, 01:50:50 PM »
^^ That's a shame.  Is it possible to pull triple duty between AXS NJPW show, Smackdown, and the Showtime fights?  Too much to ask for?  All right, I guess we need a new guy for NJPW on AXS TV.  I wonder who will it be? I say either Matt Striker or J.R.  They seem to do a decent job at Wrestle Kingdom 9, albeit JR was a tad rusty and didn't have a great grasp (still decent though) of the NJPW guys, but he still brought a big-time vibe to it and put NJPW over as a credible alternative product well.

Offline mrrct

« Reply #1247 on: December 14, 2015, 03:16:50 PM »
My understanding is that Jeff Jarrett brokered Jim Ross for Wrestle Kingdom 9, and that Ross himself does not want a permanent gig, and would probably cost more than what NJPW wants to do the voice overs post production.  Striker is more of color man, and Barnett is the best in the business at that as far as I am concerned.  They have a partnership with ROH, so my guess is that Kevin Kelly will end up doing it.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1248 on: December 16, 2015, 09:24:51 AM »
Hey now we don't have to worry of Roman is gonna win the rumble again.   :yeahright

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1249 on: December 17, 2015, 06:17:55 PM »
Sounds like smart booking for a change, for a variety of reasons:

1) it got the belt off of that clown Sheamus.
2) it added some unpredictability to the Rumble.
3) it got Reigns over a bit with the smarks (although I am sure they will turn on him again soon :lol), which wouldn't have happen with another Rumble win and inevitable WM win.
4) it makes RAW worth checking out again, since you never know when a title change might happen on it.

Also, checking out the end of TLC on YT, Stephanie has officially entered the Vickie Guerrero territory of getting heat because she is annoying in general, not because she acts like a heel.  When she screams, it's like nails on the chalkboard.  That is mainly why I stopped watching, since any promo with her and HHH features her being annoying as hell and him droning on in his boring token promo voice for 14 minutes.  When either starts talking, I change the channel.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1250 on: December 17, 2015, 07:51:15 PM »
Also, checking out the end of TLC on YT, Stephanie has officially entered the Vickie Guerrero territory of getting heat because she is annoying in general, not because she acts like a heel.  When she screams, it's like nails on the chalkboard.  That is mainly why I stopped watching, since any promo with her and HHH features her being annoying as hell and him droning on in his boring token promo voice for 14 minutes.  When either starts talking, I change the channel.

You mean something like what The Rock is referencing here?

https://youtu.be/KYEhpByMUD4?t=5m55s

It's hard to believe it, but somehow almost 16 years later, they apparently still do the same thing.  It's also hard to believe that NXT HHH is so much different and gives more purpose in the grand scheme of things to wrestling than the main shows HHH.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1251 on: January 05, 2016, 09:27:36 AM »
Hey now we don't have to worry of Roman is gonna win the rumble again.   :yeahright

I stand corrected.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1252 on: January 05, 2016, 09:33:09 AM »

I stand corrected.

The ONE upside to Roman Reigns being champ gone. Maybe they'll make it 3/3 for RR trainwrecks. Either RR is winning the rumble, or he's losing it to win it back at WM. Either way he'll be in the title match at WM. I really don't want anyone to have to job to Reigns at WM.

In better news, I watched Wrestle Kingdom 10 today. Perhaps not quite as good as last year's overall, but still excellent. The commentary was a downer, with Striker playing second fiddle, plus the addition of that worthless 3rd guy.

In worse news, WWE has signed Nakamura and AJ Styles. :(

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1253 on: January 05, 2016, 09:47:50 AM »
This one hurts my soul. Triple H is #30... wins the Rumble....and the belt... setting up Triple H and Reigns at Mania.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1254 on: January 05, 2016, 10:10:43 AM »
This one hurts my soul. Triple H is #30... wins the Rumble....and the belt... setting up Triple H and Reigns at Mania.

I'd laugh, but I wouldn't even put it past HHH.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1255 on: January 05, 2016, 02:28:46 PM »
I find the AJ Styles signing very interesting.  I would imagine they will utilize him on the main roster instead of just NXT.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1256 on: January 06, 2016, 08:24:44 AM »
The rumor going around is that they'll make a Bullet Club-WWE with Balor, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows and AJ Styles. Which wouldn't be a bad idea, but AJ deserves a singles push.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1257 on: January 06, 2016, 08:30:19 AM »
Maybe it will be like the Radicalz where Benoit and Guerrero eventually branched out.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1258 on: January 06, 2016, 08:35:26 AM »
I would totally be OK with that! Balor and AJ branching out would be great! Karl Anderson is a good wrestler but I don't see him getting a big push in WWE.

I'm also expecting WWE to totally shit all over what makes Nakamura great.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1259 on: January 06, 2016, 08:39:14 AM »
A group would be a good place for AJ to start and hopefully develop into a singles star.

Kenny Omega is somebody that would be an awesome fit for NXT. He resides in Japan but is from my hometown and still works an independent organization here every three months or so. It's a small bar show but this guy is just an amazing athlete and he is doing very well in Japan